For Goodness Sake!

Carlos has gone, fallen on his sword, and that is what the majority wanted. There is a full first team out injured. There is a managerial vacuum and until the Chairman resolves that small issue, nothing is going to happen. There is a new CEO, unproven at this club but clearly held in high regard by the FA. Sheffield Wednesday as a business need a strong and well qualified CEO. This is an indisputable fact. If it was my business, I would employ the CEO first and ask them to be involved in the choice of Team Manager. The two have to be able to work together with the Chairman .....obviously! Give the Girl a chance - she hasn't got here yet!

When the injured return, the results will change for the better. 

Can we all stop whining and get on with supporting the players on the pitch now please? Jeez! It's not going to get any better without the support is it? We have an injury crisis! Sh*t happens! Get over it for goodness sake. Every team ( and I've been watching this lot since 1959) has highs and lows and we know good teams get old and it takes time to recycle and make changes. Give Chansiri and the boys a break - I'm sure they are doing their best for the club.

The Blades game was shocking and inept but we all know that the Burton shambles was predictable and probably inevitable. Now we must look to the future together.

"For last year's words belong to last year's language. And next year's words await another voice." - T.S. Eliot (yep, I know it's an anagram of toilets!)

WAWAW

• Thanks 4

You took the words out of my mouth! Too many seem to be looking for negatives in every little thing the club does at the moment. DC seems to be trying to put things in place to move forward...how many have on here have said we need a CEO or similar? We now have one with experience, time will tell if this will be a good appointment or not. As the OP says give her a chance before sharpening the pitchforks! 

Things can and will improve, this  is not the end....the sky is not falling down! The negativity has to change, the atmosphere at the match on Monday was toxic, even before a ball was kicked. The hatred towards some of the players is sickening. A fan screaming that someone should break Wallace's leg in training is beyond belief! 

58 minutes ago, Elderly Owl said:

Carlos has gone, fallen on his sword, and that is what the majority wanted. There is a full first team out injured. There is a managerial vacuum and until the Chairman resolves that small issue, nothing is going to happen. There is a new CEO, unproven at this club but clearly held in high regard by the FA. Sheffield Wednesday as a business need a strong and well qualified CEO. This is an indisputable fact. If it was my business, I would employ the CEO first and ask them to be involved in the choice of Team Manager. The two have to be able to work together with the Chairman .....obviously! Give the Girl a chance - she hasn't got here yet!

Can we all stop whining and get on with supporting the players on the pitch now please? Jeez! It's not going to get any better without the support is it? We have an injury crisis! Sh*t happens! Get over it for goodness sake. Every team ( and I've been watching this lot since 1959) has highs and lows and we know good teams get old and it takes time to recycle and make changes. Give Chansiri and the boys a break - I'm sure they are doing their best for the club.

The Blades game was shocking and inept but we all know that the Burton shambles was predictable and probably inevitable. Now we must look to the future together.

"For last year's words belong to last year's language. And next year's words await another voice." - T.S. Eliot (yep, I know it's an anagram of toilets!)

WAWAW

Brilliant!! My first game 1960. Totally agree old boy. New dawn and all that. Seen many over the years. "The end of SWFC!!!". Really!!! Hilarious.

I would support Sheffield Wednesday in premiere or non League ,My Grandad got one up on me ,Well more than one saw us in the top division 1928-29 SEASON 1929-30 Seasons champions ,1934-35 season FA cup winners .Died of cancer the 1974-75 Season used to sit with him going on about players we had then to what he had seen ,The players we have now some of them are a disgrace to wear a Wednesday shirt .But if I did not have a Wednesday to watch ,I would not watch football .

1 hour ago, Elderly Owl said:

There is a new CEO, unproven at this club but clearly held in high regard by the FA. Sheffield Wednesday as a business need a strong and well qualified CEO. This is an indisputable fact. If it was my business, I would employ the CEO first and ask them to be involved in the choice of Team Manager. The two have to be able to work together with the Chairman .....obviously! Give the Girl a chance - she hasn't got here yet!

I'm not sure having the FA's high regard is a positive...and in the interests of balance:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4145894/FA-need-hire-women-not-Charlton-s-Katrien-Meire.html

FWIW, I think she seems like a very risky appointment...but she's not even made any kind of statement yet, never mind done any work.  Let's put the pitchforks away until she does something worthy of giving them a polish.

1 hour ago, Elderly Owl said:

WAWAW

Spot on

13 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

I'm not sure having the FA's high regard is a positive...and in the interests of balance:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4145894/FA-need-hire-women-not-Charlton-s-Katrien-Meire.html

FWIW, I think she seems like a very risky appointment...but she's not even made any kind of statement yet, never mind done any work.  Let's put the pitchforks away until she does something worthy of giving them a polish.

tbh in that video i feel bad for her. and come the end the fans around her seem to actually agree.

the guy seems like a fool, who just pushed stuff he thinks might be real, but doesnt actually know.

i found some other video on youtube  which was a compilation of her 'lies'. most of them weren't lies.

it's odd. fans get get themselves all worked up because things aren't going well and i wonder if that's really what happened with charlton. it seems like some things undoubtedly didnt go well down there, but that's what happens in football sometimes. but the fans seem like they were a part of the clubs tumble, creating a toxic atmosphere where no one wanted to take the job, and the players didnt want to be there either. i fear something similar could happen at wednesday given the hysteria currently doing the rounds. we all need to stop, take a deep breath and accept it's been a bobbar season so far. it's not the end of the world tho, it's far from the worst season in our history and we are well positioned still to improve if the right appointment is made. even if we lose next friday, it'll suck, but it's not the end of the world. it's happened before, it'll happen again. we'll do the double over them in the future too. football has ups and downs.. but lets not lose our heads and become charlton.

2 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Aye, mustn't grumble

well. we can grumble.

at least a little. we're a shambles after all.

especially you lot that are living over there. 

but when we get down to it it's all about "wait and see" anyway,  so let's just get some decent football going. 

7 minutes ago, cookeh said:

tbh in that video i feel bad for her. and come the end the fans around her seem to actually agree.

the guy seems like a fool, who just pushed stuff he thinks might be real, but doesnt actually know.

i found some other video on youtube  which was a compilation of her 'lies'. most of them weren't lies.

it's odd. fans get get themselves all worked up because things aren't going well and i wonder if that's really what happened with charlton. it seems like some things undoubtedly didnt go well down there, but that's what happens in football sometimes. but the fans seem like they were a part of the clubs tumble, creating a toxic atmosphere where no one wanted to take the job, and the players didnt want to be there either. i fear something similar could happen at wednesday given the hysteria currently doing the rounds. we all need to stop, take a deep breath and accept it's been a bobbar season so far. it's not the end of the world tho, it's far from the worst season in our history and we are well positioned still to improve if the right appointment is made. even if we lose next friday, it'll suck, but it's not the end of the world. it's happened before, it'll happen again. we'll do the double over them in the future too. football has ups and downs.. but lets not lose our heads and become charlton.

Yes.  Some of the coverage does seem unfair.  For example, the much shared clip where she talks about football fans feeling they "own" the club in a way they wouldn't own a restaurant or cinema.  I couldn't really object to that.  I think she was pointing out that it is a different relationship and you have to navigate that.  I remain at best sceptical and at worst worried about the appointment.  But let's see what happens. 

Thank the lord a positive post on Owlstalk. Yes things are tough at the minute but:

New manager on their way

Injured players will comeback

New manager will sign new players

New CEO is a good thing, lets give her a chance. Let the past be the past and see what she actually does at WEDNESDAY NOT CHARLTON.

As long as we finish 21st and above then this season can be forgotten and bring on August. I support an NFL team whose season is over and I have to wait until September for them to comeback, August is nothing.

We have beaten Leeds this season and lets go hammer Carlisle and warm up to beat Pigs and then get a big 4th round draw at Hillsborough and this season can still be memorable! WAWAW.

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I think people have a bit of a flounce on here and get things off their chest.

But at 5 to 3 on Saturday afternoon (or whenever the kick off is these days) think 99.9% of people who flounce and whinge on here are not at the game

Fixed Mat

t

• Haha 1