For Goodness Sake!

4 hours ago, Elderly Owl said:

Carlos has gone, fallen on his sword, and that is what the majority wanted. There is a full first team out injured. There is a managerial vacuum and until the Chairman resolves that small issue, nothing is going to happen. There is a new CEO, unproven at this club but clearly held in high regard by the FA. Sheffield Wednesday as a business need a strong and well qualified CEO. This is an indisputable fact. If it was my business, I would employ the CEO first and ask them to be involved in the choice of Team Manager. The two have to be able to work together with the Chairman .....obviously! Give the Girl a chance - she hasn't got here yet!

When the injured return, the results will change for the better. 

Can we all stop whining and get on with supporting the players on the pitch now please? Jeez! It's not going to get any better without the support is it? We have an injury crisis! Sh*t happens! Get over it for goodness sake. Every team ( and I've been watching this lot since 1959) has highs and lows and we know good teams get old and it takes time to recycle and make changes. Give Chansiri and the boys a break - I'm sure they are doing their best for the club.

The Blades game was shocking and inept but we all know that the Burton shambles was predictable and probably inevitable. Now we must look to the future together.

"For last year's words belong to last year's language. And next year's words await another voice." - T.S. Eliot (yep, I know it's an anagram of toilets!)

WAWAW

I read every page of the Carlton fans’ thread on KM’s departure, sinking further and further into my chair with each new click...and I’m STILL uncomfortable with the idea of prejudging her performance at Wednesday based on what happened there, at a very different club, with a different set of fans, a different chairman who had a different working relationship to her, and a different role and remit.

We need to be vigilant, absolutely, because she has clearly made mistakes (and said as much). But everybody deserves a second chance and everybody deserves to be judged on merit in a new role. I hope we’ll all do that, and not jump on every tiny gripe as ‘evidence’ of us being suddenly in an identical position to Charlton.

We’re in a bit of a mess with a few things right now, and the club-fan relationship is the biggest of them all. But nobody on either side wants that to sour, for obvious reasons, and the people in charge are clearly going to try to put it right. Let’s let them try before we say they’ve failed, FFS.

Edited by Mr. Tom