13 minutes ago, Ash-Williams said:

I would be more worried that this is the first step in selling to the nut case that has run Charlton into the ground

I think it was more of a case of her wanting to get away from the “nut case” really..

• Agree 1

It always makes me laugh when people start to analyse stuff when we're losing and yet when we're winning they don't.

Youre looking for something thats not there which in reality one player, one purchase could have been the difference between success and failure this season

Personally I think there is absolutely nothing wrong at the club apart from not having got rid of the manager at the start of the season and in some respects I can understand why we didn't

This i hope was an oversight, some footballing naivety at play. Im sure it wont happen under Chinsari again 

Stop over analysing like a girl wondering why her boyfriend broke up with her.

Its football. If you dont like it dont pay youre money. Thats the ONLY choice you have, we have and its what I do.

I love reading stuff on here. I come on every few weeks just to see what the crack is and your all imploding.

6 minutes ago, TurtleyTerrible said:

It always makes me laugh when people start to analyse stuff when we're losing and yet when we're winning they don't.

Youre looking for something thats not there which in reality one player, one purchase could have been the difference between success and failure this season

Personally I think there is absolutely nothing wrong at the club apart from not having got rid of the manager at the start of the season and in some respects I can understand why we didn't

This i hope was an oversight, some footballing naivety at play. Im sure it wont happen under Chinsari again 

Stop over analysing like a girl wondering why her boyfriend broke up with her.

Its football. If you dont like it dont pay youre money. Thats the ONLY choice you have, we have and its what I do.

I love reading stuff on here. I come on every few weeks just to see what the crack is and your all imploding.

It's how I see it.

A couple of players short ,to be brought in next two windows and a half decent manager and next season we can have a good crack at it.

Forget the stripes, kit not in stock, triangle of failure,Wally with a brolly, CEO of an unfashionable club. Everything else negative.

We aren't skint. We might have to be more clever in the market but other clubs manage.

It's not  all doom and gloom but people are sounding like it is.

Poor season but next one doesn't have to be.

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

I think it was more of a case of her wanting to get away from the “nut case” really..

Hmmm hope you are right

3 minutes ago, Ash-Williams said:

Hmmm hope you are right

Me too bud, me too....

But it can’t have been nice for her down there having to do her boses bidding knowing that you will upset so many “customers”..

and for what it’s worth, that’s exactly what we are, we pay our money and takes our chance (or choice)...

Certainly think we need to be more clued up in the transfer market, and negotiating contracts with players.

Yes the first half of the season has been grim, but with the changes that are going to take place in January on and off the pitch, it hopefully will be the kick up the backside the club needs.

9 minutes ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

Me too bud, me too....

But it can’t have been nice for her down there having to do her boses bidding knowing that you will upset so many “customers”..

and for what it’s worth, that’s exactly what we are, we pay our money and takes our chance (or choice)...

she is related to her boss down there isn't she? Thay are in the process of selling Charlton with a view to re investing in another football club. that's the bit that scares the bobbar out out of me

19 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

His ownership of the club is just a vanity project for him. We are his toy.

I do have an open mind about this Belgian lass though. Who knows.

Isn't foreign ownership of football clubs a vanity project for most owners. Abramovich doesn't do it for his love of football, for the owners it's mostly telling the other money men that they have bigger b***s than them. Think it was Simon Jordan who said if you want to buy a football club don't bother just dig a big hole chuck a few million quid into it and bury it. Saves you time and hassle and you end up with the same result

Since DC arrived we have enjoyed our two most successful seasons for many a year.

Carlos losing the plot and the horrific injury list that have resulted in our poor run of form are not his fault.

The pitiful whingeing and whimpering of some people on this site make me want to vomit

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, ChinaOwl said:

Is this figure now set in stone because it was stated at a fans' forum? 

... by the Chairman

I sincerely hope you're not suggesting he wasn't being truthful

2 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

... by the Chairman

I sincerely hope you're not suggesting he wasn't being truthful

Maybe my outlook on East Asian business people is a little different to yours. Having worked among them and done business with them over the last twenty years, I don't take quotes like this too seriously.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Fantastic post. 

I said a while ago that if someone gave me a truck load of cash I could do the job to the same standard as chansiri. I honestly believe that. I'm more than  capable of buying a new pitch, scoreboard, a team of players whilst hiking up prices and changing the kit colours and badge etc. I think most of us could do it.

Everything else commercially and operationally is a disaster as it would be if an inexperienced numpty like myself was in charge. 

The guy hasn't got a clue what he's doing. 

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but in my view 19 people who have read this post are in complete denial.

Edited by poite
  • Like 1

20 people now

Hope this is not going same way as Hull, Blackburn, Coventry, err Charlton, Portsmouth, etc, etc.

Ominous. 

17 minutes ago, poite said:

Fantastic post. 

I said a while ago that if someone gave me a truck load of cash I could do the job to the same standard as chansiri. I honestly believe that. I'm more than  capable of buying a new pitch, scoreboard, a team of players whilst hiking up prices and changing the kit colours and badge etc. I think most of us could do it.

Everything else commercially and operationally is a disaster as it would be if an inexperienced numpty like myself was in charge. 

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but in my view 19 people who have read this post are in complete denial.

All the usual suspects too

• Agree 1

Amazon | Broadband | AirBnb

25 minutes ago, poite said:

Fantastic post. 

Agree entirely but seeing as according to Coops you can only comment if you run a multi-million Pound organisation, then we aren't allowed a say.

22 minutes ago, 33 said:

Agree entirely but seeing as according to Coops you can only comment if you run a multi-million Pound organisation, then we aren't allowed a say.

I hope Coops runs a successful football club - otherwise how is he qualified to tell us all we are wrong?

So come on Coopsy - how do you find time in your busy schedule as CEO of Man City to come on here and tell us we are all wrong?

3 hours ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

Read his replies in ask the chairman, I’m sure he references some in there, isn’t there also an aknowledgemrnt of them in his “rant”?

There’s no specific mistakes mentioned in his rant.

The only mistake I can recall him acknowledging is buying players to treat the fans - a strange one that one - but I couldn’t find any in his other ask the chairman stuff and I just reread very quickly 1-12 but couldn’t find 11 easily so didn't read that one. He talks about learning about football but justifies every decision he’s made. 

Good to see Kivo back and agree with his points.

I had no idea Miere was that Charlton Athletic woman who was running a shitstorm of a club. That is shocking we have appointed her as CEO, and incredibly, incredibly worrying. That appointment smells like doom to me, I have no confidence whatsover he will choose a successful manager now.  

Miere? More like Mierda! (Spanish for sh*t)