The final straw

4 minutes ago, BRUCE LEE said:

His bonkers outburst on Christmas eve alluded to the new CEO's appointment, twisting it into a 'well you get what you deserve' statement

“I have to be honest and say since I have been here I have found it difficult at times. When someone does something good in football, this makes everyone satisfied, they are the best, but when they do something wrong some people - and I must stress it is only some - scold with no respect at all. To these people, I say, have you never done something wrong? If anyone has never done anything wrong, they have never done anything at all. As I say, I have no problem with criticism, opinion or suggestion but this should be constructive and not damaging. If your family or your boss said you are bad all the time, do you start to believe you are bad all the time? Families are supposed to stay together, in good times and bad. I have to ask, is my worth just to invest money for our fans? Is it for the fans’ benefit and advantage only? I have never thought like this before but now maybe I start to think the same, like business.

Absolutely gutted he's gone down this route, especially while we are at the point of desperate need for unity in the fan base

It speaks volumes for his strategy going forward

DC: “I’ve taken your life partner off  you and it’s YOUR fault”

Just now, coopswfc76 said:

Apart from the last 6years she's been involved in football. 

I'm sure you're aware that people are allowed to change careers or even have 2.

You’re doing a manful job in the trenches. Do you have any misgivings at all about her record? 

4 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

You’re doing a manful job in the trenches. Do you have any misgivings at all about her record? 

Yes I do as I had about Carlos however I Believe in giving everybody a chance and not being swayed by what may have happened previously. 

If people already think she's going to be a failure then in there minds she will inevitably be a failure. 

Not a fan of Chansiri for many of the reasons in the OP, will not go through them all again.

Does take away for me a lot of the affinity I have for Sheffield Wednesday the changes seen in last 3 years. (I don't just feel this way because results have been poor this season).

Would prefer him to start running the club better then sell up though.

Although reading some of the things that happened at Charlton raised my eyebrows but think having new CEO is a step in the right direction. I hope I am fair minded enough to give the women a chance before making up my mind.

1 hour ago, Ever the pessimist said:

People keep quoting this £150million figure as if it’s evidence of how much DC is determined to succeed/ has the club’s interests at heart. 

To me all all it does is worry me as it makes us practically unsellable (assuming he wants it back) and more vulnerable to asset stripping as a way of him getting his cash back.

What assets are you referring to?

FFS.

7 hours ago, rickygoo said:

She’s a lawyer. 

Regardless of her past with Charlton.

“She’s a lawyer” 

And? 

I know plenty of CEOs who were lawyers in the past. 

Is she good for Wednesday? Only time will tell. But as I said in a previous thread, there is absolutely no point having a meltdown now. What’s done is done, she’s here and that’s it. She wouldn’t be my first choice, but then again I don’t know what Chansiris remit is. I don’t know what control she has. 

I absolutely understand people’s concerns, I too am uncomfortable. But we also have to look at it logically, whilst she was a disaster at Charlton, she wasn’t the only one. Their chairman had a huge role in that, we don’t know what the ins and outs are. We also have to keep in mind that this is a different club, different situation, different owners, different objectives. I hope one of the objectives is to maintain a good relationship with the fans. 

Just a hunch (and perhaps out of hope) I suspect he’ll appoint one or two other people. Perhaps a more footballing minded individual who will work with the CEO and head coach. Leaving the CEO to control business matters behind the scenes.

45 minutes ago, coopswfc76 said:

Yes I do as I had about Carlos however I Believe in giving everybody a chance and not being swayed by what may have happened previously. 

Remember when Carlos came and the fans at his last club said that he was great for six months and then basically ruined teams by being stubborn, refusing to change, falling out with players?

Remember when we were warning Chesterfield about their new chairman and they just laughed it off?

Remember when I reviewed The Last Jedi and warned everyone it's the worst Star Wars film / film of the year and people went and came out angry and disappointed at it?

THAT

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Wanted to sleep on it before giving an opinion

It might surprise you - but this morning I feel very sad and sorry for our Chairman. For one, I don't think for one minute he wants to fail, why anyone would think that is beyond me. The only way he will see a return on his investment is by winning promotion.

My personal thoughts are that his funding has been stopped - Ive always suspected (and I may be wrong) his funding source is his father whos given Dejphon a project to work on - which would explain why hes been able to spend so much time here in the UK. Im guessing the CEO has been recruited to allow DC to spend less time here in the UK, and Im guessing she has been chosen as someone that will be strong, and someone who can cope with criticism from fans. Because its quite clear that the criticism will grow as funding will be lowered.

The kind of monies that have been thrown at the club are incredible - and sadly did not result in the required promotion. Milan was spending £5m a year on just keeping us afloat - I'd be amazed if we aren't 2 or 3 times that currently. If we are - then we are right on the cusp of a FFP embargo - and the difficult times that will lead to.

Why do I feel sorry for DC? I think he definitely had the very best of intentions - and really did want to be the man who got us promoted (for different reasons to you or I).  But I just get the feeling the money he threw at Jordan Rhodes last year was his last throw of the dice financially - and now we are up the creek without a paddle. 

I really hope I'm wrong

In hindsight I'd rather Mr Chansiri had thrown all the money at the infrastructure at the club and the academy etc

He could have built a real legacy 

And right now as we go into 2018 we'd probably have been higher in the Championship ironically

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

In hindsight I'd rather Mr Chansiri had thrown all the money at the infrastructure at the club and the academy etc

He could have built a real legacy 

And right now as we go into 2018 we'd probably have been higher in the Championship ironically

Aye, but that would depend on whether this project was ever viewed as a short term stab at the Premier League or a longer term view of building stability and infrastructure. I would suggest that the answer is the former and, in due course, should reveal the true sources of financing.

1 hour ago, coopswfc76 said:

If people already think she's going to be a failure then in there minds she will inevitably be a failure. 

People will give her a chance - frankly we have no option. But her previous is tough to ignore. She appears to have presided over failure and discontent at Charlton. This is a strange appointment- how can anyone deny it looking at her CV?  I might have to neg myself for using the word agenda  - but I wonder what lies behind it. 

Guest Hillsborough Mole

I remember even at the very end Wednesday fans were supporting Kaven and Dave.

"Give them a chance"

1 hour ago, bigdan2003 said:

Regardless of her past with Charlton.

“She’s a lawyer” 

And? 

I know plenty of CEOs who were lawyers in the past. 

Is she good for Wednesday? Only time will tell. But as I said in a previous thread, there is absolutely no point having a meltdown now. What’s done is done, she’s here and that’s it. She wouldn’t be my first choice, but then again I don’t know what Chansiris remit is. I don’t know what control she has. 

I absolutely understand people’s concerns, I too am uncomfortable. But we also have to look at it logically, whilst she was a disaster at Charlton, she wasn’t the only one. Their chairman had a huge role in that, we don’t know what the ins and outs are. We also have to keep in mind that this is a different club, different situation, different owners, different objectives. I hope one of the objectives is to maintain a good relationship with the fans. 

Just a hunch (and perhaps out of hope) I suspect he’ll appoint one or two other people. Perhaps a more footballing minded individual who will work with the CEO and head coach. Leaving the CEO to control business matters behind the scenes.

Most CEOs are either lawyers or accountants, businesses need a stable foundation

4 minutes ago, modboy said:

Most CEOs are either lawyers or accountants, businesses need a stable foundation

Most accountants become CFO's. Most CEO's have a strong business grounding. Being a lawyer is neither here nor there. What matters is having the strong business acumen. This CEO's performance at her previous club does not bode well but fine if you wish to play the "give her a chance" card. This could go either way, I suppose.