The final straw

20 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

An excellent post Kivo. I don't always agree with everything you write but you are a valued contributor to this site and to Twitter.

I can't believe there are 18 people who have disagreed with that post enough to neg it, but there we are. 

Then again, some of them are probably some of the same people saying "lets see how she gets on" about our new CEO. The evidence against her suitability for a job in football - any job in football - is overwhelming. She has received years of condemnation from the wider football for community for her part in Charlton's sorry story. The list of quotes and facts that can be directly attributed to her is utterly damning. Most of that has been posted on this forum in the last 48-72 hours. But the response to that, from some, remains "lets see how she gets on". It's utterly maddening. 

I think people are saying 'Lets see how she gets on' are saying this as we have no real choice in doing anything else.

Kivo,

you make good points but are also very onesided..

Yes the chairman has made mistakes and he aknowledges that, it is my very firm opinion in life that if you don’t make a mistake you are not trying hard enough, however you should not make the same mistake twice and so far Mr Chansiri is following my lifes guideline.

He is now trying a different tack, yes he’s put someone in as CEO that has “history” at one club working under what must have been very difficult circumstances but it’s someone who he feels he can trust, bear in mind he might also be feeling let down by another individual he also trusted !

Now is a time we need to be pulling together, now is not the time to start trying to pull the club apart or trying to get rid of a chairman that BELIEVES what he is doing is in the club’s best interest (kit a side).. How you can also rip someone apart that is only on her second day of employment based on someone elses views are beyond me, can’t you at least wait and see how she does..

I supported you when you bailed out as we all should be able to have a say and voice our opinions without fear of being rallied upon by others with a different viewpoint, but can’t you see that’s now exactly what you are doing ?

6 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

There has been precious little grumbling at Hillsborough. We can get it off our chests here. 

I agree but we have become big tutters and a bit subdued over the last few years and chansiri does get the feeling of the fans from the internet ,as do the players.

The truth is there are many clubs in a worse state than us.

Mr Chansiri wants the club to be successful and he's doing his best, to put him in the same group as the Venkies etc and to read comments about similarities with our previous owners is ridiculous, disrespectful and ungrateful for the work he's already carried out.

Mr C gave Carlos time, it didn't work out, now we need to start again, this happens at every club. Most of our fanbase were asking for a managerial change, now its happened and we have no one left to blame the chairmans getting it. Did we all feel this bad when we were beating Brighton in the play off semi or turning up at Wembley?

All these reactions to anything happening at the club is just over the top, unnecessary and embarrassing. The flouncing drama queens are doing more damage to the club than anything the owner is doing.

Carlos f'ked our squad up and made the wrong signings, that can be rectified, no need for the shoes off just yet.

13 minutes ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

Kivo,

you make good points but are also very onesided..

Yes the chairman has made mistakes and he aknowledges that, it is my very firm opinion in life that if you don’t make a mistake you are not trying hard enough, however you should not make the same mistake twice and so far Mr Chansiri is following my lifes guideline.

He is now trying a different tack, yes he’s put someone in as CEO that has “history” at one club working under what must have been very difficult circumstances but it’s someone who he feels he can trust, bear in mind he might also be feeling let down by another individual he also trusted !

Now is a time we need to be pulling together, now is not the time to start trying to pull the club apart or trying to get rid of a chairman that BELIEVES what he is doing is in the club’s best interest (kit a side).. How you can also rip someone apart that is only on her second day of employment based on someone elses views are beyond me, can’t you at least wait and see how she does..

I supported you when you bailed out as we all should be able to have a say and voice our opinions without fear of being rallied upon by others with a different viewpoint, but can’t you see that’s now exactly what you are doing ?

Good to see not everyone is a manic depressive.

3 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Mr Chansiri wants the club to be successful and he's doing his best, to put him in the same group as the Venkies etc and to read comments about similarities with our previous owners is ridiculous, disrespectful and ungrateful for the work he's already carried out.

Mr C gave Carlos time, it didn't work out, now we need to start again, this happens at every club. Most of our fanbase were asking for a managerial change, now its happened and we have no one left to blame the chairmans getting it. Did we all feel this bad when we were beating Brighton in the play off semi or turning up at Wembley?

All these reactions to anything happening at the club is just over the top, unnecessary and embarrassing. The flouncing drama queens are doing more damage to the club than anything the owner is doing.

Carlos f'ked our squad up and made the wrong signings, that can be rectified, no need for the shoes off just yet.

Bang on !

14 hours ago, SiJ said:

Thing is...

It's easy to be chairman when things are going well on the pitch. 

The real test comes when it inevitably hits the fan and the team start to underperform.  

Chansiri had a nice two years where the team and his coach delivered for the most part and nearly achieved the stated aim. 6 months into a sticky patch and it feels like everything has completely unraveled. Quite staggering. 

Correct. Shows the character of the man when faced with adversity, and it seems like he’s buckling 

4 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

What good do you think he has done at the club? Bear in mind he has spent £150m.

You don't lose 3-0 at home to a club in the bottom three ( at the time ) without there being something seriously wrong at a football club.

It all starts when you get what most fans want, an owner with deep pockets and an ambition to get a place on the Premiership gravy train.

That means the vultures - in this case Doyen - start circling as they sense a huge pay day. You end up with talented players who improve the team short term, but the reality is they don't care about the club, are normally mercenaries and cause trouble when they don't get every little thing they want.

This causes unrest t in the team, and if it is goes unchecked can spread to every bit of the club. I believe this is where we are at now. The only conclusion I can draw is that we have a few well paid,influential players who are responsible for destroying team spirit. Without a ' team', you get battered in this division. These players are being allowed to get away with what they are doing, as the chairman believes that they are the best chance of getting to the Premiership. He couldn't be more wrong.

Look at the teams who were supposedly too good to go down recently - recent Premiership teams like Blackburn and Wigan. Look who's down there now - it's getting more likely to be a 'big' club ( in support and finances)  lacking in togetherness , like Sunderland, Hull and Birmingham. Look at Villa last season, and this - they had the ' names' but not the desire or the attitude. Only after many changes in personal are they turning the corner.

We need our Chairman and new CEO to listen to the next manager, and that manager needs to be a proper coach not a cheque book  manager who's in an agents pocket . We need the right players with the right attitudes, and those players will only be recruited and played if we have the right approach from those at the top

• Like 1

Just now, KivoOwl said:

What good do you think he has done at the club? Bear in mind he has spent £150m.

In the 15/16 season we were 1 game away from the Premier League, I watched the best football I had seen at Hillsborough since the early 90s.

In the 16/17 season we were 3 games from the Premier League. The football wasn't the best but we will still competitive all season.

This would not have happened without his input, yes, things haven't gone to plan this season and a change was needed.

The increased wage bill allows us to compete, the issue we are now living is that the previous manager made the wrong decisions in the transfer market and wasted a sizeable budget.

I remember you bringing this up before and tried to turn people against the owner, it was ignored because we were in the top 4 and people were enjoying themselves, its clear you have got issues with the chairman, wasn't it something that you asked him for and chinned you off? I cant remember exactly what it was.

30 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Clearly you don’t remember the old pitch for a start, or the knackered old screen or those foodservice people that sucked the lifeblood out of our club, you only remember the increase in ticket prices.

18 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Yep-another false dawn. Easy to see why a lot of people are sick of it all.

Yep two good season's and one bad ,terrible ,catastrophic,world ending ,Chansiri has done nothing but good for the club and now he's a false dawn

Edited by akbuk

It always makes me laugh when people start to analyse stuff when we're losing and yet when we're winning they don't.

Youre looking for something thats not there which in reality one player, one purchase could have been the difference between success and failure this season

Personally I think there is absolutely nothing wrong at the club apart from not having got rid of the manager at the start of the season and in some respects I can understand why we didn't

This i hope was an oversight, some footballing naivety at play. Im sure it wont happen under Chinsari again 

Stop over analysing like a girl wondering why her boyfriend broke up with her.

Its football. If you dont like it dont pay youre money. Thats the ONLY choice you have, we have and its what I do.

I love reading stuff on here. I come on every few weeks just to see what the crack is and your all imploding.

6 minutes ago, TurtleyTerrible said:

It always makes me laugh when people start to analyse stuff when we're losing and yet when we're winning they don't.

Youre looking for something thats not there which in reality one player, one purchase could have been the difference between success and failure this season

Personally I think there is absolutely nothing wrong at the club apart from not having got rid of the manager at the start of the season and in some respects I can understand why we didn't

This i hope was an oversight, some footballing naivety at play. Im sure it wont happen under Chinsari again 

Stop over analysing like a girl wondering why her boyfriend broke up with her.

Its football. If you dont like it dont pay youre money. Thats the ONLY choice you have, we have and its what I do.

I love reading stuff on here. I come on every few weeks just to see what the crack is and your all imploding.

It's how I see it.

A couple of players short ,to be brought in next two windows and a half decent manager and next season we can have a good crack at it.

Forget the stripes, kit not in stock, triangle of failure,Wally with a brolly, CEO of an unfashionable club. Everything else negative.

We aren't skint. We might have to be more clever in the market but other clubs manage.

It's not  all doom and gloom but people are sounding like it is.

Poor season but next one doesn't have to be.