Almen Abdi

2 minutes ago, ramone said:

Burnley romped the league with Jones/Barton In the middle of the park

That’s fair enough. What did they have on the wings? We needed some positivity on Saturday- Carlos needed some, instead, he played it ridiculously safe.

Just now, NYCOWL said:

That’s fair enough. What did they have on the wings? We needed some positivity on Saturday- Carlos needed some, instead, he played it ridiculously safe.

Boyd and arfield

just hard working with quality 

oh and gray up front with vokes 

5 hours ago, prowl said:

I doubt he's match fit but he should get a decent run out today. I really hope he can show us at least some of his talent today particularly as he's playing attacking midfield rather than on the wing.

How do you get 'match fit'?

Oh I remember now you have to play in matches.

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Don't know if he's been unfit this season or Carlos just hasn't favoured him.

The best midfield player at the club, just needs to get the chance to prove it.

There's been no bigger critic of CC than me but to be fair to him Absi had quite a few chances to prove it and didn't step up.....and I'm not buying the 'played out of position' thing either.....it's not like he's a 30 goal a year forward who we played at centre back.

i can see why people think he looks good and should be our best player but he does need to show us and he may get a more sustained run in the next few weeks

8 minutes ago, Ian said:

There's been no bigger critic of CC than me but to be fair to him Absi had quite a few chances to prove it and didn't step up.....and I'm not buying the 'played out of position' thing either.....it's not like he's a 30 goal a year forward who we played at centre back.

i can see why people think he looks good and should be our best player but he does need to show us and he may get a more sustained run in the next few weeks

Can't do much with the odd start and 20 minutes here and there.

Now the season is over for us promotion wise, Abdi, Joao, Matias should be given games to show what they can do imo.

7 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Boyd and arfield

just hard working with quality 

oh and gray up front with vokes 

Boyd would have been 28 jones similar age and Barton is / was a class act at this level . Jones is past it , Hutchinson is mega defensive and Wallace on the wing is past it ... 

i don’t ever want to see jones and Hutchinson together in the middle 

4 hours ago, james o connor said:

Boyd would have been 28 jones similar age and Barton is / was a class act at this level . Jones is past it , Hutchinson is mega defensive and Wallace on the wing is past it ... 

i don’t ever want to see jones and Hutchinson together in the middle 

Having gray up front was also huge to their system. Pace, power up top.

34 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

Well, it depends how BB will play without shackles though ;)

On most days, he's easily one of our best players, on his good days, he's stellar. Him paired with Hutch and Abdi/Lee; no more midfield worries then.

mmm

disagree somewhat.

for me yes hutch, yes Lee. but bb with reach in the side = too many wasted long shots and not enough through balls to Hooper and Rhodes.

although bb with Abdi plus hutch might work.