Wildsmith

4 minutes ago, ramone said:

Agree or disagree, frankly I couldn’t be care less. We’ve just won 3-0 and you want to trawl back through my posts to point score against other posters. 

Well done

I’m delighted that we’ve got rid of a crap head coach, it looks like we could have turned a corner on the pitch, won 3-0 away - cracking stuff, doesn’t get much better that as a football fan.

But comedy threads like this by negative fans tearing into a young Wednesday player, who has established himself in the first team squad, do make me laugh.

5 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

For someone who's self-confessed to "not be negative", I find it baffling that you say Wildsmith is not good enough, Abdi isn't good enough etc. and then feel the need to be so disparaging towards those teasing people that said Wildsmith is poor?

As it is, you're correct in that he played well without being exceptional, but why the need to complain about "point scoring" against posters but then engaging in it anyway? :biggrin:

Where have travelled the website and dig up an old post...? Show me.

And to be fair, I’ve seen him a few times and not been impressed. 

And from what you’ve seen of abdi, how can you disagree with me?

21 minutes ago, ramone said:

Agree or disagree, frankly I couldn’t be care less. We’ve just won 3-0 and you want to trawl back through my posts to point score against other posters. 

Well done

Glad you managed to give him some back-handed praise today by saying he did OK.

Considering the faults you picked of his I am surprised he managed to take to the field without being a quivering wreck! 

Yes we've won 3-0 and that is what we should all be pleased about but you still find time to slag off Abdi and slated a young keeper for his previous performance when the reality was that he was far and away from being the main problem.

I've criticized Wildsmith plenty in the last year, and the management even moreso for not prioritizing a more experienced backup for Westwood.

I also echoed the sentiment in this thread that Wildsmith may well have cost us points against Boro.

But if there's any truth in that then it's also definitely the case that Wildsmith played a massive role in securing the points today. Made some fantastic saves early on. If any of those had gone in, it could well have been a very different outcome.

1 minute ago, ramone said:

Where have travelled the website and dig up an old post...? Show me.

And to be fair, I’ve seen him a few times and not been impressed. 

And from what you’ve seen of abdi, how can you disagree with me?

Read my post again, I never said you travelled the website to dig anything up? Didn't even hint at that at all either, I genuinely don't know where you're getting that from mate...

Don't disagree with you about Abdi at all, I was just using it as an example of what some would perceive as negativity... IMO it's realism.

The Wildsmith stuff, however... yeah I don't get that. He's made a few mistakes in his 20-30ish appearances for Wednesday, but he's also made some really good saves and showed some great stuff. Fair enough if you say you don't rate him- while I don't agree I can respect that opinion and it's a matter of 'agree to disagree'- but to call him "garbage" and then complain about people pointing out that hyperbolic stance, antagonising and negging them for it... it's a bit off don'tya think? 

4 minutes ago, horny owl said:

I'd rather have wildsmith than Westwood between the sticks

Westwoods a decent shot stopper but he slows the game down way too much with his 'slow motion' distribution

We need a much faster tempo going forward

I am sure Wildsmith had a good future ahead of him but I wouldn't go that far just yet. Westwood hasn't been at his best this season but he is one of the best at this level. Yes his distribution isn't the best but is very slow but he has been like that throughout his time with us and no matter what the score none of the coaching staff or even the players all that often have looked at being frustrated by how long he takes to get the ball back into play - perhaps it was done to instruction as everything we have done on the field for a good while has been done very deliberately rather than at pace.

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I am sure Wildsmith had a good future ahead of him but I wouldn't go that far just yet. Westwood hasn't been at his best this season but he is one of the best at this level. Yes his distribution isn't the best but is very slow but he has been like that throughout his time with us and no matter what the score none of the coaching staff or even the players all that often have looked at being frustrated by how long he takes to get the ball back into play - perhaps it was done to instruction as everything we have done on the field for a good while has been done very deliberately rather than at pace.

Westwood's distribution is poor and he doesn't command his area anywhere near enough. 

But if we're honest if he did either of those very well he probably would be playing at a higher level. 

18 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Good job, you won't be getting one. Not sure what I need to say sorry for, sounds a bit precious to me.

I know you will be full of praise for Wildsmith today though after the youngster put in an assured performance and kept a clean sheet. 

I didn’t see it but sounds like he played well.

Not sure why you’re so bitter about that. 

All youve done done in this thread is prove yourself to be a bit weird.

18 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Shocking performance today, really poor.  And how about yet another clanger from him? Does it every game doesn't he @McRightSide

I’m not sure what planet you people are on. I’m delighted he played well.

Hes just dropped too many clangers in too few games and needs to be out playing every week to be at the level I believe we need

17 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

You both look like right nobs lol

17 hours ago, Daavies; said:

I guess all the saves he made today were all from bad shots from the strikers again. Pair of morons.

No we don’t 

He cost us against Middlesboro, he didn’t yesterday.

Far too many errors in too few games to be our #1. 

Should be out playing week in week out not warming the bench.

The spiteful replies to a good performance only shows the mob mentality by those who can’t bring themselves to see an academy product getting criticized

Edited by McRightSide

Wildsmith will be our keeper for a long time - he's still young but seems more confident. The question will be at what point does he replace Westwood. Luckily for us they are both very good keepers so it should keep each on their toes for competition. 

Just now, McRightSide said:

No we don’t 

He cost us against Middlesboro, he didn’t yesterday.

Far too many errors in too few games to be our #1. 

Should be out playing week in week out not warming the bench.

He didn't cost us against Middlesbrough. Carlos' tactics did. How many errors has he made this season? 

You'll get your wish btw. Westwood will be out for a while, Wildsmith will get a rub of 10 or so games.

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

He didn't cost us against Middlesbrough. Carlos' tactics did. How many errors has he made this season? 

You'll get your wish btw. Westwood will be out for a while, Wildsmith will get a rub of 10 or so games.

You don’t know what my wish is. Actually I’d like him to play 40 - ten is not enough.

Sorry. Didn’t realize Carlos told him to fluff one into the net.

As for critical errors that no one could debate. 

3 in 9 appearances

Middlesboro - fumble from 25 yards

Bolton - Awful clearance

Bolton - Penalty. Bad decision making

For me, that’s too many big ones in a short space of time.

I want to see him play a season of football and the judge where he’s at

Edited by McRightSide

18 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

You don’t know what my wish is. Actually I’d like him to play 40 - ten is not enough.

Sorry. Didn’t realize Carlos told him to fluff one into the net.

As for critical errors that no one could debate. 

3 in 9 appearances

Middlesboro - fumble from 25 yards

Bolton - Awful clearance

Bolton - Penalty. Bad decision making

For me, that’s too many big ones in a short space of time.

I want to see him play a season of football and the judge where he’s at

You can't blame him that much for the goal on Saturday. Took a deflection which wrong footed him. He should have stopped it but it wasn't a critical error. If you don't realise it was Carlos' tactics which cost us on Saturday then god help us. Was painfully obvious from ht onwards. Was like he'd stuck a sleeping tablet in everyones juice.

You say he's made errors, think is that Westwood has made the same errors in his games too. Has he not? 

Sunderland - came out for a ball he was nowhere near led to goal conceded.

Forest - rushed out at player and was lucky that ref didn't give a penalty. Lack of decision making

Sheff U - let Duffy score at his near post. Now that cost us the game

Ipswich - parried ball into goal from a header

Weird thing is all his errors have come in last 6 months, bar one against Watford in 2015. Not as many, still as costly for us.

I would love to see Wildsmith get a season on loan. But I think he'll be our no 1 next season. Dawson is just as good though imo.

4 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

You can't blame him that much for the goal on Saturday. Took a deflection which wrong footed him. He should have stopped it but it wasn't a critical error. If you don't realise it was Carlos' tactics which cost us on Saturday then god help us. Was painfully obvious from ht onwards. Was like he'd stuck a sleeping tablet in everyones juice.

You say he's made errors, think is that Westwood has made the same errors in his games too. Has he not? 

Sunderland - came out for a ball he was nowhere near led to goal conceded.

Forest - rushed out at player and was lucky that ref didn't give a penalty. Lack of decision making

Sheff U - let Duffy score at his near post. Now that cost us the game

Ipswich - parried ball into goal from a header

Weird thing is all his errors have come in last 6 months, bar one against Watford in 2015. Not as many, still as costly for us.

I would love to see Wildsmith get a season on loan. But I think he'll be our no 1 next season. Dawson is just as good though imo.

Westwood’s mistakes are irrelevant. It’s not a race to the bottom.

There wasn’t a deflection that I can see. If there was, it’s minimal.

Carlos’ tactics are independent of a keeper making a howler.

The best keepers make the fewest mistakes. 3 major errors in 9 games is too many for my liking.

Should have stopped it but not a critical error? Come on.

Edited by McRightSide