Wildsmith

8 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Quit it with facts, you're dealing with someone who classes conceding a corner as a critical goalkeeping error, and someone who cited a Wildsmith error against Man City, a team he's never played against. 

Error and critical error are different

Giving away the corner was the critical error

Van Aken failing to clear against Hull was the critical error

etc

11 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

All this thread shows is how you can’t criticize an academy product even when they regularly mess up.

Any other keeper we had would have been absolutely hammered.

Great reasoning. Palmer has taken plenty of stick this season.

Still waiting for you to point out the points we have lost due to Wildsmith's errors in the past 2 seasons. Also just watched the highlights of the Bolton cup game back where 2 of the goals were apparently his fault. He conceded a penalty when we were caught short at the back - Westwood has done that once or twice. Like to know which of the other 2 were his fault, especially the one where Palmer makes a 'critical error' with an abysmal clearance......

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Great reasoning. Palmer has taken plenty of stick this season.

Still waiting for you to point out the points we have lost due to Wildsmith's errors in the past 2 seasons. Also just watched the highlights of the Bolton cup game back where 2 of the goals were apparently his fault. He conceded a penalty when we were caught short at the back - Westwood has done that once or twice. Like to know which of the other 2 were his fault, especially the one where Palmer makes a 'critical error' with an abysmal clearance......

Yesterday.

Bolton in the league.

The penalty against Bolton was clearly a poor decision on his part.

For 17 appearances I would hope for a couple of major errors...maximum

Too many to be our second choice. Needs to get out on loan and play.

Work on his concentration

Work on his technique

Then come back and have a proper crack in 8-months time if he’s shown he can cut it.

And I also wonder about his fitness (and Dawson’s too) both spend for too much time injured for the number of games they play.

The both need regular games to really see if they can cope with the rigors of first team football

Edited by McRightSide

I don’t rate him either.

Reminds me a lot of O’Donnell, Decent shot stopper but always got a gaffe in him. Poor at kicking as well.

That attempt of a save yesterday was something you would see in the Sheffield district Sunday league E division

Just now, McRightSide said:

Yesterday.

Bolton in the league.

We got hammered yesterday - as I said had he conceded the penalty, the point blank 2nd half save, the 1-on-1 in the first half when he got a touch or numerous other chances they had you wouldn't have batted an eyelid but yes it was totally his fault!

Bolton in the league yes he conceded a needless corner but we should then defend the corner. Forget the countless chances we missed and the saves he also made against a winless team as well.

If you want to blame anyone for Wildsmith ending up as our second choice (I don't) then blame Carlos for signing Jake Kean as back up.

16 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

All this thread shows is how you can’t criticize an academy product even when they regularly mess up.

Any other keeper we had would have been absolutely hammered.

Nope, Palmer gets criticised almost daily. 

What this thread shows is you shouldn't make sweeping criticisms when you cannot back them up. Everyone knows Wildsmith made a mistake yesterday AND we should probably have a well established No 2 at the club to step in and push the underperforming Westwood. Unfortunately instead of making that fair point you've gone after the current back up 'keeper spouting nonsense that you've not backed up.  

At least you've gone from suggesting he costs us points in 'every game he plays' to conceding that in your opinion he has made 2 bad errors in 17 league games, despite you hilariously suggesting one of them is giving a corner away. Some progress there at least, may be due to the booze wearing off.

9 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

We got hammered yesterday - as I said had he conceded the penalty, the point blank 2nd half save, the 1-on-1 in the first half when he got a touch or numerous other chances they had you wouldn't have batted an eyelid but yes it was totally his fault!

Bolton in the league yes he conceded a needless corner but we should then defend the corner. Forget the countless chances we missed and the saves he also made against a winless team as well.

If you want to blame anyone for Wildsmith ending up as our second choice (I don't) then blame Carlos for signing Jake Kean as back up.

Read my post on critical errors.

See my early comments on Carlos’ decision

Thanks

11 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Nope, Palmer gets criticised almost daily. 

What this thread shows is you shouldn't make sweeping criticisms when you cannot back them up. Everyone knows Wildsmith made a mistake yesterday AND we should probably have a well established No 2 at the club to step in and push the underperforming Westwood. Unfortunately instead of making that fair point you've gone after the current back up 'keeper spouting nonsense that you've not backed up.  

At least you've gone from suggesting he costs us points in 'every game he plays' to conceding that in your opinion he has made 2 bad errors in 17 league games, despite you hilariously suggesting one of them is giving a corner away. Some progress there at least, may be due to the booze wearing off.

Cup mistakes still don’t count then. 

Glad we got that sorted

5 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Read my post on critical errors.

See my early comments on Carlos’ decision

Thanks

RE critical errors - in that case you will concede that 2 of the cup goals weren't actually Wildsmith's fault then. Can't see where you are blaming him for 2 anyway.

In terms of Carlos, maybe your thread title and opening post should have referred to Carlos poor recruitment (sorry you don't like that word but that's what he should have done - recruited a better keeper than Jake Kean) rather than just slagging Wildsmith off when other more experienced players have made just as many errors this season?

1 minute ago, Reallondonowl said:

OP needs a good tarring and feathering !!

the kid was class and prevented it being 4 or 5 -1 

i was proud if him and his performance so can you morons feck roght off and cut the lkid some slack FFS ! 

If you want to accept mediocrity for the sake of a couple of academy grads in the side then that’s your call.

4 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

If you want to accept mediocrity for the sake of a couple of academy grads in the side then that’s your call.

This coming from someone who has been accepting of much of what Carlos has subjected us to this season.......

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

This coming from someone who has been accepting of much of what Carlos has subjected us to this season.......

What a random comment.

Edit: I mean literally the most random comment ever. How do you know what I’m ‘accepting’ of? We’ve never had a conversation about it...

i think I’ll stick to defining what I find acceptable, not you

Edited by McRightSide

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

What a random comment.

Edit: I mean literally the most random comment ever. How do you know what I’m ‘accepting’ of? We’ve never had a conversation about it...

i think I’ll stick to defining what I find acceptable, not you

It doesn't take a great deal of effort to find the extent to which you have defended him recently but you feel the need to start a thread blaming Wildsmith for dropped points despite watching how we played yesterday.

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

It doesn't take a great deal of effort to find the extent to which you have defended him recently but you feel the need to start a thread blaming Wildsmith for dropped points despite watching how we played yesterday.

I like him. I wished he could have turned it around but it was right for him to go. That is some serious defending.

Lets see your evidence...

This Wildsmith mistake is a totally different subject - and one I’ve been critical of Carlos on...how ironic.

7 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I like him. I wished he could have turned it around but it was right for him to go. That is some serious defending.

Lets see your evidence...

This Wildsmith mistake is a totally different subject - and one I’ve been critical of Carlos on...how ironic.

As I said, you should have pointed towards that in the title of the thread and your opening posts. The majority of your posts in this thread have lamented the ability of Wildsmith rather than the decision making of the management.

of the 14 players we had on the pitch wildsmith made the least mistakes of any of them .....tough being a goalie one error and you get crucified, shame that he made it coz I thought he was having his best game until then .lets hope he's strong enough to put it behind him and get a  clean sheet at forest .