Wildsmith

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

Howler aside?

You can’t just put a howler aside.

He cost us. Again.

Its a learning curve for him, he is a young goalkeeper with plenty of potential ...it happens in football with goalkeepers...

look at De Gea, Butland & Courtois when they were of a similar age, Man Utd fans were slating de gea, wild smith has ability and showed with a few outstanding saves

Givd the lad a break, he will be a great keeper

I really like(d) Carlos 

The one thing I cannot understand is why Wildsmith wasn’t out playing games.

He’s lauded for making regulation saves whilst excused from mistakes that Brad Jones was crucified for.

Not good enough at the moment, I question if he’s technically good enough to ever be. Needs to get out and play in League 1 and then we’ll see

• Like 1

It's been clear for a couple of season's we've needed proper backup to Westwood because of the sheer number of knocks he seems to get.

Wildsmith could very well prove to be an excellent keeper for us, but I agree with the OP, he's made a lot of mistakes in his 23 starts for us and this is fine when you've got little choice but to play kids, but not when you want promotion to the Prem.

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

Just pick a game he played 

Okay

Sheff Wed    1 - 2    Middlesbro - 1 mistake, 1 penalty save, 1 point blank save

Sheff Wed    0 - 1    Wolves - ?

Bolton    2 - 1    Sheff Wed - ?
Sheff Wed    3 - 0    Leeds - ?
Birmingham    1 - 0    Sheff Wed - ?

Burton    1 - 1    Sheff Wed ? 

Our fan base never fails to surprise me - Give a young prospect a chance and we call for experience... get an experienced player in and we scream about giving youth a chance. On the back of any single game our players can range from being the worst player in the world to being a future international star.

For what its worth, I'd like to see several youth players given a shot this season - Perhaps the rest of this season gives them experience to be a solid first team player next season

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3