Wildsmith

5 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Here's his last 6 again. Can you count or read?

Sheff Wed    1 - 2    Middlesbro - 1 mistake, 1 penalty save, 1 point blank save

Sheff Wed    0 - 1    Wolves - ?

Bolton    2 - 1    Sheff Wed - ?
Sheff Wed    3 - 0    Leeds - ?
Birmingham    1 - 0    Sheff Wed - ?

Burton    1 - 1    Sheff Wed ? 

See Ramone’s post

4 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Accuracy clearly isn't your strong point. 

Why? Watch the vid.

Awful pass to Pudil, compounded with a clearance onto the opposing striker

15 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

He duffed a kick

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38550102

A mistake he’s since made again

Yep, I know. Thanks for researching where I couldn’t be bothered!

Edit: just watched the vid: make it two howlers for that one goal

That was Middlesbrough not Man City, are you on the sauce?

5 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

See Ramone’s post

Seen it thanks, he gave away a penalty at Bolton which he had to go for, the other 2 weren't his fault, again in the cup. Doesn't really back up your claim about dropping us points does it? Or the claim he has made these errors his 'last 3 games' which is just incorrect.

To summerise, Wildsmith's made 17 league appearance for us and you can remember one mistake, and apparently he's 'costing us points' left right an centre.

Guest Bulgaria
43 minutes ago, MrsHall said:

Can you remember the early days of BB? UTO.

Battling it out with Ian Hesford?  or was he pressman's understudy?

32 minutes ago, ramone said:

We were 1-0 up at the time and I thought we were quite comfortable. If he saves that, we win the game IMO

If by 'comfortable' you mean 'hanging on for dear life' I understand. 

Before the goal he made a save point blank, they scored a goal that just offside and then they missed the pen. We couldn't even get out of our own half for long periods, if that is us 'comfortable' I'd hate to see us when we're not. 

3 hours ago, LSOwls said:

Funny that because half the fanbase are shouting to start George Hirst & Penney despite never seeing them play!

It is funny that we are playing young, unexperienced player in critical position in the team, while we are dead scared to play them in any other position where ocasional mistake due to lack of experience would be likely to cost us far less then Wildsmith's yesterday did ?!

31 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Seen it thanks, he gave away a penalty at Bolton which he had to go for, the other 2 weren't his fault, again in the cup. Doesn't really back up your claim about dropping us points does it? Or the claim he has made these errors his 'last 3 games' which is just incorrect.

To summerise, Wildsmith's made 17 league appearance for us and you can remember one mistake, and apparently he's 'costing us points' left right an centre.

So now we’ve got howlers that don’t count.

Mistakes in the cup don’t count.

The other one in the league (when he duffed the kick and gave away the corner...Bolton?) doesn’t count.

I would say that is an extremely high error rate for 17 senior appearances.

Nowt so blind...

9 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

The other one in the league (when he duffed the kick and gave away the corner...Bolton?) doesn’t count.

Nowt so blind...

So you say he costs us points every time he plays and you can't think of a single critical league game error before yesterday. And now you're trying to include giving away a corner, blimey, what a vendetta.

3 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

So you say he costs us points every time he plays and you can't think of a single critical league game error before yesterday. And now you're trying to include giving away a corner, blimey, what a vendetta.

The one against Bolton. Absolutely shocking

Did I say points every game? Genuine question

Edited by McRightSide

19 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Nowt so blind...

Still waiting for you to definitively tell us about the points he has cost us this season.

If you think the defeat yesterday was down to him then you are deluded. 

On top of that, you have the temerity to defend what Bamford did when most professionals would pull him up on that one. Has he shagged your sister or something?

16 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Still waiting for you to definitively tell us about the points he has cost us this season.

If you think the defeat yesterday was down to him then you are deluded. 

On top of that, you have the temerity to defend what Bamford did when most professionals would pull him up on that one. Has he shagged your sister or something?

It was a howler, no two ways about it & it cost us.

As did the Bolton one.

Look at Ramone’s post. His major error rate seems to be about 30%. Way too high.

Just this season in a few appearances we can name 2 in the league

Bamford was poor, but it was a reaction. Show me where I ‘defended’ him. Neither covered themselves in glory

Wildsmith needs to focus on his own game before baiting others

Edited by McRightSide

19 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

The one against Bolton. Absolutely shocking

Let's castigate any player who gives away a corner kick? Bizarre

Did I say points every game? Genuine question

You: How many points does he need to cost us before we get a proper back up for Westwood and send him out on loan?
Me: When did Wildsmith last cost us any points?

You: Pick any game he's played

There you go

4 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

It was a howler, no two ways about it & it cost us.

As did the Bolton one.

Look at Ramone’s post. His major error rate seems to be about 30%. Way too high.

Just this season in a few appearances we can name 2 in the league

Bamford was poor, but it was a reaction. Neither covered themselves in glory

Wildsmith has conceded 9 goals in 7 league games in the past 2 seasons, hardly poor. 2 of those were against Fulham in the final game of last season and they could have had a hat full that day.

Had Boro scored the penalty no one would have batted an eyelid. If you think we dropped points yesterday due to Wildsmith you are deluded. They were by far the better side and it was down to Wildsmith that we didn't concede much earlier.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Wildsmith has conceded 9 goals in 7 league games in the past 2 seasons, hardly poor. 2 of those were against Fulham in the final game of last season and they could have had a hat full that day.

Had Boro scored the penalty no one would have batted an eyelid. If you think we dropped points yesterday due to Wildsmith you are deluded. They were by far the better side and it was down to Wildsmith that we didn't concede much earlier.

Quit it with facts, you're dealing with someone who classes conceding a corner as a critical goalkeeping error, and someone who cited a Wildsmith error against Man City, a team he's never played against. 

1 hour ago, ramone said:

We were 1-0 up at the time and I thought we were quite comfortable. If he saves that, we win the game IMO

Now I know you are taking the p**s. Anyone with any understanding of the game could clearly see that there was no point at all that we were ever comfortable during the game yesterday.

Edited by Guest