Wildsmith

6 hours ago, McRightSide said:

FFS

I’m saying it’s too many in too few games

Westwood has been awesome for 3 years with us

Wildsmith has made three big uns in 9 games.

Wildsmith needs to get out and play regular football, and learn to eradicate some of these mistakes 

He'll get regular football for the next 2 months.

Westwood has been dogger in 2017.

9 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Other goalkeepers mistakes...

This is about Wildsmith.

The only thing we know is he messed up and it cost us a goal. That’s it. 

Play football in peace? Alright let’s close the site and stadium down 

You’re as weird as that other bloke in the thread.

It seems the majority disagree with the need to pick on Wildsmith and start a thread about him not being good enough based on a game we lost for many other reasons than his overall performance but hey ho you keep on outing the weirdos!

Merry Christmas! 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

It seems the majority disagree with the need to pick on Wildsmith and start a thread about him not being good enough based on a game we lost for many other reasons than his overall performance but hey ho you keep on outing the weirdos!

Merry Christmas! 

Majority?

You really love talking for others 

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

Majority?

You really love talking for others 

And you are basing that sweeping statement on what?

I simply mean the majority in this thread and those who contributed to the thread rightly praising him for his performance at Forest, unless you disagree with that?

He really has got under your skin by the amount of posts you have made on this, has he got his end away with your mrs or something?

Don't let it get to you so much, enjoy the festive season.

I simply mean the majority in this thread and those who contributed to the thread rightly praising him for his performance at Forest, unless you disagree with that?

He really has got under your skin by the amount of posts you have made on this, has he got his end away with your mrs or something?

You’ve already tried talking for me, now your talking for that majority...that’s a lot of people to talk for 

He’s not under my skin at all. 

Isn’t the whole reason for this board to debate? If people keep replying then why can’t I? 

A few posting in this thread is hardly ‘the majority’

Just now, McRightSide said:

You’ve already tried talking for me, now your talking for that majority...that’s a lot of people to talk for 

He’s not under my skin at all. 

Isn’t the whole reason for this board to debate? If people keep replying then why can’t I? 

A few posting in this thread is hardly ‘the majority’

As I said, the majority in the threads about Wildsmith, never said anything other than that but feel free to disagree. Sounds like you are trying to talk for me in that respect......

Merry Christmas!

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

Backtrackkkkk...

Not at all,try reading the posts again, and don't try to speak for me by misinterpreting what I have said.......

Merry Christmas.

Not at all,try reading the posts again, and don't try to speak for me by misinterpreting what I have said.......

Merry Christmas.

“The majority”

”So you speak for the majority now?”

“Oh no, only the majority in two tiny threads”

Reyt.

Just now, McRightSide said:

“The majority”

”So you speak for the majority now?”

“Oh no, only the majority in two tiny threads”

Reyt.

I was talking about the threads, why would I refer to a majority about Wildsmith from anywhere else? I haven't done a survey of the 20,000+ season ticket holders, have you? If you can't understand the context it was written in that's not my problem.

Mind you if all else fails, just call anyone who doesn't hold your opinion a weirdo. Discuss the post not the poster eh......

Merry Christmas.

On 12/24/2017 at 19:00, hirstyboywonder said:

Still waiting for you to definitively tell us about the points he has cost us this season.

If you think the defeat yesterday was down to him then you are deluded. 

On top of that, you have the temerity to defend what Bamford did when most professionals would pull him up on that one. Has he shagged your sister or something?

Post not poster

On 12/24/2017 at 19:20, hirstyboywonder said:

Wildsmith has conceded 9 goals in 7 league games in the past 2 seasons, hardly poor. 2 of those were against Fulham in the final game of last season and they could have had a hat full that day.

Had Boro scored the penalty no one would have batted an eyelid. If you think we dropped points yesterday due to Wildsmith you are deluded. They were by far the better side and it was down to Wildsmith that we didn't concede much earlier.

Post not poster

On 12/24/2017 at 19:35, hirstyboywonder said:

Now I know you are taking the p**s. Anyone with any understanding of the game could clearly see that there was no point at all that we were ever comfortable during the game yesterday.

Post not poster

On 12/24/2017 at 20:27, hirstyboywonder said:

This coming from someone who has been accepting of much of what Carlos has subjected us to this season.......

Post not poster

(this is where it got weird. Still waiting to see evidence of my accepting of what Carlos served up)

On 12/24/2017 at 20:36, hirstyboywonder said:

It doesn't take a great deal of effort to find the extent to which you have defended him recently but you feel the need to start a thread blaming Wildsmith for dropped points despite watching how we played yesterday.

Post not poster

(not much effort, but still waiting)

30 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Post not poster.

people in glass houses...

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Post not poster

Post not poster

Post not poster

Post not poster

(this is where it got weird. Still waiting to see evidence of my accepting of what Carlos served up)

Post not poster

(not much effort, but still waiting)

Post not poster.

people in glass houses...

I called you deluded based upon you believing we lost the game due solely to Wilsmith. Bit different to you randomly calling out 2 people as weirdo's but fair enough.

I will however now label you as a little bit obsessed!

Good night (Merry Christmas).

I called you deluded based upon you believing we lost the game due solely to Wilsmith. Bit different to you randomly calling out 2 people as weirdo's but fair enough.

I will however now label you as a little bit obsessed!

Good night (Merry Christmas).

Post not poster.

What a save to deny Donaldson last night - fantastic.

A clean sheet at Bramall Lane - when was the last time we had one of those?

Back to back shut-outs.  Wildsmith’s third clean sheet in 5 games.

Saved both of his last two penalties as well.

Fans need to understand that young players will make the odd mistake.  And threads like this one, show that there is no need to rip into them, or write them off, if they aren’t the finished article just yet.

Edited by The Captain
  • Thanks 1

Wildsmith has proved as of late that he's a number 2 keeper with number 1 quality. Atm I'd still want a fit Westwood to be the first name on the team sheet but it's reassuring to know that once Westwood's days at the club are running out we'll have a top quality keeper without having to splash the cash

Let’s see how many of the people who were so delighted to tag me after his great performance at the Lane wish to tag me now

For the record my view is the same. 

Error rate is too high and needs to be playing every week to try and work on some of these issues.

Definitely has some technical deficiencies that need sorting.

I don’t think we can afford that gamble if we have a fully fit Westwood

Edited by McRightSide

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Let’s see how many of the people who were so delighted to tag me after his great performance at the Lane wish to tag me now

Error rate is too high and needs to be playing every week to try and work on some of these issues.

Westwood did exactly the same last season infront of the kop

It happens to all keepers

6 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Pretty poor form re-raising this after today just to give yourself a pat on the back at the expense of our keepers errors.

Unless of course you have been modest and honest enough to give him the praise he deserves for his recent performances prior to today?