Wildsmith

7 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Westwood’s mistakes are irrelevant. It’s not a race to the bottom.

So a goalkeeper making mistakes is irrelevant to another keeper making mistakes lol

What's point in even debating with you when you're agenda is so strong

There wasn’t a deflection that I can see. If there was, it’s minimal.

Clear as day from kop. 

Carlos’ tactics are independent of a keeper making a howler.

They are yes. But it was those thsy cost us the game, not as supposed howler from a young keeper who is 22 tomorrow.

The best keepers make the fewest mistakes. 3 major errors in 9 games is too many for my liking.

Keepers make mistakes all the time. Look at Hugo Lloris yesterday for spurs. Made two mistakes yet cos they have kane he wasn't punished. The best keepers make saves when they only have 1-2 shot they face. Nothing to do with mistakes.

Should have stopped it but not a critical error? Come on.

Wasn't a critical error. 

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

So a goalkeeper making mistakes is irrelevant to another keeper making mistakes lol

What's point in even debating with you when you're agenda is so strong

Clear as day from kop. 

They are yes. But it was those thsy cost us the game, not as supposed howler from a young keeper who is 22 tomorrow.

Keepers make mistakes all the time. Look at Hugo Lloris yesterday for spurs. Made two mistakes yet cos they have kane he wasn't punished. The best keepers make saves when they only have 1-2 shot they face. Nothing to do with mistakes.

Wasn't a critical error. 

Youre talking nonsense my friend.

A rick that causes a goal isn’t a critical error?

Westwood’s mistakes somehow excuse Wildsmith’s mistakes?

Whats my agenda? Daring to suggest Wildsmith should be out on loan?

16 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Youre talking nonsense my friend.

A rick that causes a goal isn’t a critical error?

Westwood’s mistakes somehow excuse Wildsmith’s mistakes?

Whats my agenda? Daring to suggest Wildsmith should be out on loan?

It wasn't a critical error. The goal was caused ages before it. He should have stopped it but it wasn't as critical as you suggest. 

You brought wildsmith mistakes into this ages ago. I pointed out Westwood to show you you were talking wet. 

Your agenda is making a scapegoat of wildsmith. I just don't get it. Think you'll find you're talking nonsense, and you've been proved an idiot already yesterday by a certain goalkeeperlol

Edited by Birley Owl 1867

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

You don’t know what my wish is. Actually I’d like him to play 40 - ten is not enough.

Sorry. Didn’t realize Carlos told him to fluff one into the net.

As for critical errors that no one could debate. 

3 in 9 appearances

Middlesboro - fumble from 25 yards

Bolton - Awful clearance

Bolton - Penalty. Bad decision making

For me, that’s too many big ones in a short space of time.

I want to see him play a season of football and the judge where he’s at

Guessing you're wanting our entire team sacking then because the outfield players have made far more mistakes this season? Even Westwood has made mistakes this season

Wildsmith does need to be playing, and I'd be looking at using him now and sell Westwood for the right fee (he's not getting any younger)

A keeper rarely has the opportunity to rectify an error, unlike an outfield player who often gets a second chance. I’ve not seen enough of Wildsmith or Dawson to be able to rate them, however I do feel capable of rating Westwood, he makes his fair share of  errors, but makes up for them with very brave saves, Shilton was the best I’ve seen and even he had the odd mare.

l suggest that instead of looking for things to moan about, that the usual suspects try to find things that warrant praise, I always feel better taking the latter option.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

No we don’t 

He cost us against Middlesboro, he didn’t yesterday.

Far too many errors in too few games to be our #1. 

Should be out playing week in week out not warming the bench.

The spiteful replies to a good performance only shows the mob mentality by those who can’t bring themselves to see an academy product getting criticized

"Can't bring themselves to see an academy product getting criticised"... blimey you should see the stuff that I've said about academy product Liam Palmer, I doubt you'd think I couldn't bring myself to critique then :biggrin:

Mob mentality indeed...

Lads what, 21?

At what age do keepers reach their peak?

There will be ups and downs along the way.

I do think though that he has the potential to be an excellent keeper for us if we nurture him correctly and support a young lad in one of the hardest and lonely positions on the pitch as he learns his trade.

22 minutes ago, smhouston said:

Guessing you're wanting our entire team sacking then because the outfield players have made far more mistakes this season? Even Westwood has made mistakes this season

Wildsmith does need to be playing, and I'd be looking at using him now and sell Westwood for the right fee (he's not getting any younger)

I think most people have wanted the players sorting out this season no?

28 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

It wasn't a critical error. The goal was caused ages before it. He should have stopped it but it wasn't as critical as you suggest. 

You brought wildsmith mistakes into this ages ago. I pointed out Westwood to show you you were talking wet. 

Your agenda is making a scapegoat of wildsmith. I just don't get it. Think you'll find you're talking nonsense, and you've been proved an idiot already yesterday by a certain goalkeeperlol

He does his job, they don’t score.

Brought him into it? I made a thread about his (and only his mistakes) - you brought Westwood into it.

I’m not making a scapegoat of him whatsoever, simply saying he’s making too many mistakes for my liking and he needs to go and play some football

28 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

He does his job, they don’t score.

Brought him into it? I made a thread about his (and only his mistakes) - you brought Westwood into it.

I’m not making a scapegoat of him whatsoever, simply saying he’s making too many mistakes for my liking and he needs to go and play some football

I compared his mistakes to Westwoods. Then you said that goalkeepers mistakes were irrelevant. 

30 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Why is an opinion an agenda? It makes no sense.

You're making him a scapegoat for a loss against Boro which we'd have lost anyway. It's an agenda plain and simple. Let him play his football in peace then if that's what you want

34 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I compared his mistakes to Westwoods. Then you said that goalkeepers mistakes were irrelevant. 

You're making him a scapegoat for a loss against Boro which we'd have lost anyway. It's an agenda plain and simple. Let him play his football in peace then if that's what you want

Other goalkeepers mistakes...

This is about Wildsmith.

The only thing we know is he messed up and it cost us a goal. That’s it. 

Play football in peace? Alright let’s close the site and stadium down 

You’re as weird as that other bloke in the thread.

Edited by McRightSide

27 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Other goalkeepers mistakes...

This is about Wildsmith.

The only thing we know is he messed up and it cost us a goal. That’s it. 

Play football in peace? Alright let’s close the site and stadium down 

You’re as weird as that other bloke in the thread.

You mentioned his mistakes. I told you our other keep has. You seem to not be able to grasp that.

Cost us a goal. Didn't cost us the points though that was the old manager. You're the one nit picking on Wildsmiths performance.

Everyone on owlstalk is weird.

Edited by Birley Owl 1867

4 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

You mentioned his mistakes. I told you our other keep has. You seem to not be able to grasp that.

Cost us a goal. Didn't cost us the points though that was the old manager. You're the one not picking on Wildsmiths performance.

Everyone on owlstalk is weird.

It’s like trying to talk to a can of spam.

This is about Wildsmith, not Westwood. See the thread subject.

One making mistakes does not excuse the other making mistakes.

No idea why you’re finding that so difficult.

Edited by McRightSide

13 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

It’s like trying to talk to a can of spam.

This is about Wildsmith, not Westwood. See the thread subject.

One making mistakes does not excuse the other making mistakes.

No idea why you’re finding that so difficult.

Not sure why you aren't understanding either. You're slating Wildsmith for making mistakes I've shown you all gks do, yet you can't grasp it?

joe has been highly rated by many fooball ppl since he was 12.he has come through the ranks is a Sheffield weds fan and is still learning.Yes he will make mistakes.Dont we all.When you make a mistake as a keeper its highlighted.Give him time and im sure he will be no1 for many years to come. 

Edited by proton2

2 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Not sure why you aren't understanding either. You're slating Wildsmith for making mistakes I've shown you all gks do, yet you can't grasp it?

FFS

I’m saying it’s too many in too few games

Westwood has been awesome for 3 years with us

Wildsmith has made three big uns in 9 games.

Wildsmith needs to get out and play regular football, and learn to eradicate some of these mistakes 

Edited by McRightSide

1 hour ago, proton2 said:

joe has been highly rated by many fooball ppl since he was 12.he has come through the ranks is a Sheffield weds fan and is still learning.Yes he will make mistakes.Dont we all.When you make a mistake as a keeper its highlighted.Give him time and im sure he will be no1 for many years to come. 

I’m advocating for him to go out on loan and be a number 1 somewhere.

Apparently that’s a negative agenda trying to scapegoat him for Carlos’ performance as manager