Here's how I see the Carlos situation now..

I really like Carlos. He is a good man with passion and loves the club. He has heart, he has dignity and he has a nobility that we've not seen in years.

He can handle the size of the job (regardless of how you feel he's handling the pressure currently) and has handled the crowd and size of the club magnificently.

The club surrounding this man has had a bizarre year with mad pre season, change of medical staff, signing of players that disappear, no away shirts out yet, 3rd shirt nowhere to be seen, watches, exec boxes, sponsor issues etc etc etc etc

But we're at the point where we say to ourselves as a football club do we stick with Carlos who is a good man and a nice man and passionate about what he does and stay in this division OR do we move him on and bring in someone else to try and get promotion this year?

It's a straight choice for me

We either stick loyal to a genuine, honest and nice guy that we have in charge or swap for a new manager and potential promotion this season

Or we stick it out with Carlos and try again next year

I can't see any other options

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nice guy in charge or new manager and potential promotion

New manager would not have any chance of promotion, the season is over in that regard, it would simple be giving him time to build for next season with a January transfer window.

Edited by TheRock
  • Like 1

I would actually like to see him move into another role at the club, director of football, ambassador, coach etc.

I want him replaced as manager/head coach but I think we will eventually remember him quite fondly once this fiasco is over.

Just now, Wednesday-Wonderland said:

Promotion is off the cards for a while. It'll take a few years to sort out this squad of old, slow crocks.

unfortunately unless we have a miracle turnaround I think you're right FFP will hinder us next year and I see no option but to sell FF and infact anyone we can get money for to start a squad rebuild  BUT not by CC who clearly doesn't see what we needed for 2 years

9 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I really like Carlos. He is a good man with passion and loves the club. He has heart, he has dignity and he has a nobility that we've not seen in years.

Some of his media rants make me question his dignity.

It's cringeworthy

I don’t think he’s a bad manager, he could go elsewhere to an “underdog” and do well again.

But my feeling is that things have run out of steam here and he has lost the momentum he had. Even if the players did play for him tonight his approach no longer works as well and more importantly his dismissal of the need for a few strong and quick players has cost us promotion. Once that momentum goes it is difficult to recover. Players he has remained loyal to and built the team around are now either getting on a bit or not fit enough to last a season.

I can’t see him staying beyond this season in any case and given that this season is almost a write off, we need to be thinking about our next move.

The Wolves game is/was an odd “judgement day” as the writing has been on the wall for a while.

Same, I've no desire to chase him out with pitchforks and would be delighted for him to stay on in some capacity. But we need new ideas & new thrust SO badly.

Trouble is I just don't think we'd get that now, even if CC completely tore up his playbook tomorrow. I don't think we'll get it quickly under anyone else either.

Our players are very good, but our team as a whole is lopsided, underpowered and badly stretched in too many areas.

Weve gambled heavily and it hasn't worked out. All is not lost, and we've got a lot of genuinely cracking footballers in the squad, but we need a 30-40% stock clearance and a load of new young blood.

In doing so, we may have to take a step back for *another* season. But the current recruitment policy isn't working out. This division is too physically demanding.

23 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

He can handle the size of the job (regardless of how you feel he's handling the pressure currently) and has handled the crowd and size of the club magnificently.

The club surrounding this man has had a bizarre year with mad pre season, change of medical staff, signing of players that disappear, no away shirts out yet, 3rd shirt nowhere to be seen, watches, exec boxes, sponsor issues etc etc etc etc

But we're at the point where we say to ourselves as a football club do we stick with Carlos who is a good man and a nice man and passionate about what he does and stay in this division OR do we move him on and bring in someone else to try and get promotion this year?

We either stick loyal to a genuine, honest and nice guy that we have in charge or swap for a new manager and potential promotion

Might as well stick with him until the end of the season, a mean it's all very well standing proudly in the stands with CARLO OUT banners, BUT! be careful what you wish for. I can imagine the vultures that are circling and rubbing their hands at the moments. :(    derby-steve-mcclaren-sky-bet-championshi

Edited by Icehockeyhair98
  • Haha 1

Some of the bizarre goings on you refer to, probably has had some negative impact on the team Would a new manager be able to change that much, I'm not sure

Furthermore, Chansiri will know this and views things slightly differently to some of us

Agree with the above. You could see how much he wanted to win tonight and he's obviously passionate about the club. But clearly we now need a change. Wolves showed tonight what a promotion team in this league looks like. Technically very good, but they still recognise the need for pace and physicality to compliment this. Unfortunately that's something Carlos has continually failed to realise or accept.

Carlos’s downfall is his loyalty to his old guard.

Players have repeatedly let him down

If Carlos is to stay, there must be a massive overhaul of the playing squad in January

But our inability to move players out in the past, will surely be the case again

I love Carlos, but this is a situation of his own making

Slow starts, the season that starts in January, over reliance on his favourites

I can’t see any other option than a parting of the ways

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

28 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We either stick loyal to a genuine, honest and nice guy that we have in charge or swap for a new manager and potential promotion

Forget promotion - it's relegation we need to focus on.

5 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

Carlos’s downfall is his loyalty to his old guard.

As pointed out tonight by the Sky Pundits Carlos is basically still putting out the same starting lineup for as many games as he can that played in the season where we played Hull at Wembley

That's just plain bonkers really

Owlstalk Shop