Players not without blame

Evening ladies and gents.

Amongst all the Carlos out posts, little seems to have been mentioned of the players. I have seen so many posts along the lines of 'Carlos can't get the best out of the players', 'Carlos has lost the dressing room', 'Players don't want to play for him' etc.

Whilst CC is not averse from criticism, personally, there are a few players who need to take a long hard look at their performances, and ask themselves, if they, as professional footballers, playing for our great club, have given everything each and every match. 

I noted recently that in response to a question, Carlos stated that although there is a game plan, he gives autonomy to players on the pitch to react and counter what is presented before then. If that is the case, then many of our players need to really be ashamed at what they have delivered.

Ultimately, the manager will carry the can and pay the price for results, but for all those lambasting Carlos, in a quiet moment of reflection, don't underestimate that our squad individually and collectively have performed way below expectations. Carlos will no doubt be blamed by many for that, but once play starts, those players have the responsibility to put in a shift and a performance. Carlos has his faults, but he is not responsible solely for our current form.

Totally agree but they answer to nobody in the modern game, they just keep taking the money.

Its worth pointing out that there will be a players side to all this but we’ll never here it. Many are hamstrung tactically but there is never a good excuse for lack of effort and passion.

Edited by Morepork

Certainly players need to look at themselves but there are a lot of them who have played poorly. If one or two turn in sub par performances they might be the problem, when most of them do I'd suggest the problem is elsewhere. Maybe Carlos, Maybe training, maybe cliques in the dressing room,. At the end of the day it's still down to the manager to sort out.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I agree the players have got off a bit lightly with the flak flying around recently with much of the focus on CC.

I am surprised he says the players have a lot of autonomy on the pitch as they seem really over coached and play like robots.

I found it more telling, that Carlos expected his players to react and adapt, and that clearly for one reason or another seem not to do so.

you'd think so wouldn't you .......BUT .....opinion is divided on here , some think we should be walking away at the top of  league with the squad we have and others think palmer ,hunt, pudil ,jones.reach, loovens,van aken, Wallace ,bannan, Rhodes, big dave , fletch ,joao, matias ,abdi are abysmal and a waste of money ....all have had threads castigating them and one of the biggest criticisms of carlos is that he's spunked millions on crap players ....if the they are so crap then you cant really pin the blame on them . 

1 minute ago, prowl said:

Certainly players need to look at themselves but there are a lot of them who have played poorly. If one or two turn in sub par performances they might be the problem, when most of them do I'd suggest the problem is elsewhere. Maybe Carlos, Maybe training, maybe cliques in the dressing room,. At the end of the day it's still down to the manager to sort out.

Agree wholeheartedly Prowl. But, it does seen that some players have taken the faith the manager had placed in them and taken a few, shall we just say , liberties.

The players have no connection or heart within the club,they play ,get paid then go back to their million pound houses and the result doesn't bother them

they know they wont be sacked,the worse thing that would happen is they'll go on to another club to fund their retirement.

its even easier here as carlos reflects the blame to everyone else but himself and them.far to many players are comfortable at Wednesday 

We will never know how closely or not the players are following the instructions from the coaching staff.  

It's generally easier to replace the coaches than the players though.

If the players have got the strop on and are not playing for Carlos, then that's just insulting to all the fans paying for tickets.

22 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

Carlos will no doubt be blamed by many for that, but once play starts, those players have the responsibility to put in a shift and a performance. Carlos has his faults, but he is not responsible solely for our current form.

agree blame should be shared everywhere 

can't help feeling that they are too comfortable tbh only nuhiu actually seems unsure of whether he ever play

the fact we still play roughly the same team as failed against hull is down to selection albeit in part caused by replacements being unable to string 10 mins fitness together 

Edited by steelowl

Some of the individual errors from players have been horrendous this season especially at the back where previously Carlos has been able to rely on clean sheets.

Makes a massive difference but we are still playing an awful system and this is down to the manager 

50 minutes ago, CF83OWL said:

The players are lacking confidence and their heads have dipped after the Play Offs. 

You only have to look at Reading and Fulham to see this. 

Physically we are the same but mentally we have lost it. 

Inclined to agree with this ..

Suffering a serious hangover and the manager has done nothing to change things or instil a belief that this season will be different, will be better .. instead its same old same old, same old boring tactics, insipid play, setting up not to concede tactics and football

utter dog guff

The defence is getting more criticism than normal but some of that can be put down to the protection in front of them. I was a CB by trade and can say that I'd be more comfortable playing if I knew I had Hutchinson in front of me than say Jones.

The lack of clean sheets is a culmination of a lot of things.

The defensive stability last season enabled us to go out and nick a goal, but it is a dangerous game to play when those clean sheets are no longer there.

One thing I do want to see is a leader on the pitch, trying to cajole, encourage, instill belief in the side. Gimmers like me remember the likes of Mick Lyons, Mel Sterland, Des Walker and a few others, who rolled their sleeves up and got stuck in, and we're not afraid to 'encourage' their team mates to adopt the same attitude.

Loovens, is a nice bloke and is a great ambassador for the club, but he needs to be more vocal. If I was in his position and Bannan appeared 10 yards in front of me wanting the ball, I'd tell him to f**k off up the pitch !!!!

We have good players, but that natural leader, someone who inspires and instills confidence is sadly missing.

1 hour ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Inclined to agree with this ..

Suffering a serious hangover and the manager has done nothing to change things or instil a belief that this season will be different, will be better .. instead its same old same old, same old boring tactics, insipid play, setting up not to concede tactics and football

utter dog guff

To change the mood of the players CC would need to bring in new blood to shuffle the pack.