Time for Abdi

13 hours ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Midfield two of bannan and abdi. Do you know anything about football? 

Rehardless of whether it would work tactically. What has he done to suggests he is the answer. 

Point me towards 3 positive moment in his Wednesday career. (Goal, key pass, good cross, interception, tackle.)

seriously, 3 positive moments on a pitch in a Wednesday shirt.

none because we dont play the right system

15 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

Surely its time to start Abdi in place of Butterfield who has been poor for the last two matches

No work rate, no morals at picking up a fortune and not making himself undropable during the chances he's had and I assume during training. 

16 hours ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Midfield two of bannan and abdi. Do you know anything about football? 

Rehardless of whether it would work tactically. What has he done to suggests he is the answer. 

Point me towards 3 positive moment in his Wednesday career. (Goal, key pass, good cross, interception, tackle.)

seriously, 3 positive moments on a pitch in a Wednesday shirt.

I agree you have to have somone in a cm 2 who is strong mobile and can tackle if your insisting on playing Bannan there as he's too small, lightweight and wins nothing in the tackle or the air. 

16 hours ago, mcowl said:

The time to start him was from the day we signed him.

He should have strolled into our side.

I've never been able to understand why Carlos doesn't think a proven premier level central midfielder isn't as good as our championship level midfielders.

He did start for us when he arrived, then he got injured and never came back. Poor bugger

15 hours ago, jamiejohn said:

The list of players with great CVs who practically disappear after joining is worrying and abdi is top of the list for me.here is a player who has excelled at this level and been decent at the next level yet he never figures and as far as we know is currently fit, so why isn't someone who could make a huge difference given a run a real run in a struggling midfield? Don't think he ever will under Carlos 

You would drop bannan?

Or play him as the more defensive one instead of butterfield?

You would put him in above Kieran lee? 

Youd play him on the wing? 

Think about what your saying. 

3 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

I agree you have to have somone in a cm 2 who is strong mobile and can tackle if your insisting on playing Bannan there as he's too small, lightweight and wins nothing in the tackle or the air. 

Your implying some negativity toward bannan there. He is a creatives number 8. Not box to box or an anchor man. He can't s do everything. We should have a runner (lee) nect to him and an anchor behind him. Totally he system at fault. 

3 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

Sorry I'm sorry...sorry sorry sorry...I know I've jus just quoted and responded but sorry I have to pull up on something there. You said the word 'insisting.' 'Insisting' on playing bannan? Out best player? Insisting. Are you trying get I say, we shouldn't be playing out best player. 

Absolutely insane use use of the word word insisting there maye. I literally cannot get over it. Surely you didn't I understand the gravity or true implications of the word insisting. 

I an absolutely bewildered by this statement. 

19 hours ago, Stoop said:

This

Id like to eventually see

Reach Abdi Hutch FF in midfield

Theres goals, Pace, Strength, Power and guile in that midfield

Bannan works his socks off and is outback best player. The fact that you want our fasionable big money signing to come good so badly is Frankly

childish and incredibly hard he on BB.

20 hours ago, mcowl said:

The time to start him was from the day we signed him.

He should have strolled into our side.

I've never been able to understand why Carlos doesn't think a proven premier level central midfielder isn't as good as our championship level midfielders.

Because he hasn't been healthy? 

I'll never understand why fans on supporters forum can have such strong opinions on the matter, yet be completely unaware of his prolific injury history, or that as of October Almen Abdi needed two days rest to recover from a single days worth of training. 

He can't very well stroll into our side when he can't even walk properly due to reoccurring knee injuries 

19 hours ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Abdi is a CM for a 3-5-2 side or a three man centre midfield. 

Carlos won’t change his tactics or formations therefore Abdi was a pointless signing.

Abdi left Watford because he felt he wasn't suited to their switch to 3-5-2.

Difficult to argue it's where he belongs

Edited by Indoor Owl

20 hours ago, steveger said:

I thought he had retired, more injuries than Bryan Robson had at Manure

Shame though as he was quality....................for Watford 

The times (can count on one hand) he's started, he's been great. Calm and composed, "attack minded" and drove us forward lifting the team up the pitch alongside Bannan who also got more options to move further up front.

• Thanks 1