Time for Abdi

17 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

The times (can count on one hand) he's started, he's been great. Calm and composed, "attack minded" and drove us forward lifting the team up the pitch alongside Bannan who also got more options to move further up front.

This is simply not true and I don't believe yo go to I gamebased on based on this comment 

19 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

I think your obsession with bannan is a bit much. He's not even SWFCs best player, Hooper is.

ps I am a fan of bannan, you're just a little bit OTT :laugh:

All you see is goals. You show no insight into the game. Westy, Lees, Hutch, BB, KL and FF all better and More important. Get us playing the right way and any half decent forward would bang em in with all those players on song. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Bannan works his socks off and is outback best player. The fact that you want our fasionable big money signing to come good so badly is Frankly

childish and incredibly hard he on BB.

Yeah very childish to want a class player who was instrumental in Watford winning automatic promotion in the side

3 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Yeah very childish to want a class player who was instrumental in Watford winning automatic promotion in the side

Nearly two year ago and has shown less than 3 moments in a Wednesday shirt to suggest he is the answer. You have a problem with bannan because he doesnt do everything and you want our big money fashionable signing to come good. 

Bannan is the best player in division

lol

I like Bannan don’t get me wrong 

but he has two major flaws to his game that top central midfielders need 

1. They need to grab games by the scruff of the neck 

2. Chip in with more than 1 goal a season 

2 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Nearly two year ago and has shown less than 3 moments in a Wednesday shirt to suggest he is the answer. You have a problem with bannan because he doesnt do everything and you want our big money fashionable signing to come good. 

Are you 10 years old?

lol

1 minute ago, Stoop said:

lol

He does grab games himself and has driven us forward untill we as a team fell apart and Carlos refused to do anything about it. Still the only on way driving us forward. He isn't the biggest that's why ideally e would be played with a proper anchor man (hutch or the player we signed to cover for hutches injuries) and even More ideally, a third, box to box type player like KL.

agreed he doesn't score enough. But with the right system e wouldn't need to.

we should have an firing FF who should have been managed and played correctly when fit, and should be playing to Rhodes strengths with the other winger reach and KL popping up with goals. 

6 minutes ago, Stoop said:

lol

A game last season whenever we were two down at half time. BB moved from left into the middle for second half an single handedly won us 1/3 (can't remember) points.

he isn't  dominator box to box, technical players can't a always be Diame types. We have him, he I top draw, play him in a 3 and let him do his thing.

strange that 4 weeks ago people couldn't believe how well he wasn't playing. Team falls apart for various tactical failures from manager and the old BB criticisms and calls for AA in the side start

11 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Are you 10 years old?

lol

Look yourself in the mirror pal. Ask yourself honestly If Abdi deserves a chance over bannan, or butterfield/jones/hutch as the more defensive midfielder. 

If you made an arguement for him in a 3, maybe. Personally my creator would still be BB, runner KL, and anchor Hutch/butters/jones. 

If you said 1 anchor and two passers then again, he might get in, but personally id still rather have KL (who can still pass and create well) getting box to box, than two passers. More balance and more varying options on the pitch this way.

All you see is goals. You show no insight into the game. Westy, Lees, Hutch, BB, KL and FF all better and More important. Get us playing the right way and any half decent forward would bang em in with all those players on song. 

You think all Hooper offers is goals? My god you are unbelievable. And you have the audacity to say I have no insight into the game? 

Wow.

11 minutes ago, Stoop said:

To call someone childish for wanting to see a player of undoubted pedigree given a chance in the side is ridiculous 

Bannan is a good player, as is Lee, Butterfield etc but this midfield isn’t working 

A reasonable comment. Maybe the three would allow them to arty out their qualities better. 

4 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

You think all Hooper offers is goals? My god you are unbelievable. And you have the audacity to say I have no insight into the game? 

Wow.

Link up. Why do we need him to link. Because we arnt set up right. Why is bannan and lee notallowed to play further forward with an anchor behind them. Why I so FF not on the wing when he hasn't been ineffective for 18 months up front. Why have we not focussed on working around Rhodes with his record and having spent 10 mil on him. All better players than Hooper. I rate Hooper highly. I just think if we set up with 3 in the niddle and FF out wide, whoever out of hoops and Rhodes would score bagfulls.

Edited by Fibonacci91

52 minutes ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Link up. Why do we need him to link. Because we arnt set up right. Why is bannan and lee notallowed to play further forward with an anchor behind them. Why I so FF not on the wing when he hasn't been ineffective for 18 months up front. Why have we not focussed on working around Rhodes with his record and having spent 10 mil on him. All better players than Hooper. I rate Hooper highly. I just think if we set up with 3 in the niddle and FF out wide, whoever out of hoops and Rhodes would score bagfulls.

I don't disagree with all of what you have said, but Rhodes better than Hooper I'm sorry, no. Their career goal ratios are similar, only hooper has scored goals in the CL and a few in the Prem. Rhodes hasn't. 

Hooper converted from an out and out goal scorer to a link player. Far more strings to his bow than other players, very adaptable. 

Comparing some of those other players you have done is like apples and oranges.

4 hours ago, Fibonacci91 said:

Sorry I'm sorry...sorry sorry sorry...I know I've jus just quoted and responded but sorry I have to pull up on something there. You said the word 'insisting.' 'Insisting' on playing bannan? Out best player? Insisting. Are you trying get I say, we shouldn't be playing out best player. 

Absolutely insane use use of the word word insisting there maye. I literally cannot get over it. Surely you didn't I understand the gravity or true implications of the word insisting. 

I an absolutely bewildered by this statement. 

Insisting meaning were playing a player not suited to our formation in a pivitol place on the pitch. At Premier league when he was at villa and Palace they played him out wide. This gave him more space to exploit his passing range and use his technique on the ball to better effect. As the short comings of his game had less effect on the team. I do agree and Carlos sticking with 4-4-2 stubbornly costs us, as in the cm with say a Jones alongside him he drops deeper and deeper all the time looking for space and since Jones always sits deep there's only either sideways passes or backwards passes on. Thus hindering our forward momentum, the only way to play bazza centre  as you said is in a three. Giving a runner who can actually score goals like Lee alongside him and a dm to hold and tackle, that way when he's looking for a pass to move us forward he does have options. I'm not slating bazza, but some people on here talk as if he's a cross between Messi and Beckham and if he was as good as they say he wouldn't be playing championship football. 

sometimes 

4 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

It's not time for Abdi though, is it?  I remember walking to the Aston Villa match at the start of last season, explaining to my Dad why I was exciting about the signing of Abdi.  Since then, he's had maybe two good moments in a SWFC shirt?  

Complete waste of a signing. 

Sometimes things just don't go to plan - no idea what happen with Abdi - he wasn't a risk for CC - indeed he said he was the perfect fit:

“Abdi signing for Sheffield Wednesday is like a glove in the hand," Carvalhal told swfc.co.uk. "He is a fantastic footballer while at the same time he has the right spirit, he is a team worker. We identified him as a top target and I know he will fit perfectly into our dynamic. "He knows the Championship, he has succeeded in this division, and believe me when I say our fans will be singing his name very, very soon.”

Like i said, other than the injuries, no idea what happened to kick start his remarkable decline from CC's plans.

28 minutes ago, Animis said:

sometimes 

Sometimes things just don't go to plan - no idea what happen with Abdi - he wasn't a risk for CC - indeed he said he was the perfect fit:

“Abdi signing for Sheffield Wednesday is like a glove in the hand," Carvalhal told swfc.co.uk. "He is a fantastic footballer while at the same time he has the right spirit, he is a team worker. We identified him as a top target and I know he will fit perfectly into our dynamic. "He knows the Championship, he has succeeded in this division, and believe me when I say our fans will be singing his name very, very soon.”

Like i said, other than the injuries, no idea what happened to kick start his remarkable decline from CC's plans.

It isn't just Abdi. Our recruitment snd subsequent use of players is awful.