(Not) Breaking: Atdhe Nuhiu confused with pitch invader

1 hour ago, A12owl said:

Why do people have to take the pee when it comes to Nuhiu? 

He has taken loads of stick over the years but still goes onto the pitch with more enthusiasm than many of our other players. You can guarantee 100% from the guy both on and off the pitch. He has got himself into the Kosovo team and made a difference since he has been playing. He is not the most skilful player by a country mile but he is Wednesday through and through. 

Give him a break and some support. There's not much wonder he went straight off after the whistle on Wednesday as he probably hears/sees what is said about him.

Apparently he is a lovely man and is respected by all our players  . 

He is useful as a defender late in a game as well. Makes a nuisance of himself when he gets on the pitch . Opposition managers also don't like playing against him either. 

He's probably not costing a lot .

I hope he gets a bit more game time albeit as a sub. 

Thanks for the goal Atdhe it was worth the wait.

I just wish his name was easier to spell. Never sure whether I've spelt it properly. :nuhiu:

Absolutely spot on . The only thing you can ask of a player is that he gives 100%.   Nuhiu does, all the time. He does everything that's asked of him without a word of complaint. When not playing he supports the others. he loves it here and doesn't deserve any of the stick he gets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A12owl said:

Why do people have to take the pee when it comes to Nuhiu? 

He has taken loads of stick over the years but still goes onto the pitch with more enthusiasm than many of our other players. You can guarantee 100% from the guy both on and off the pitch. He has got himself into the Kosovo team and made a difference since he has been playing. He is not the most skilful player by a country mile but he is Wednesday through and through. 

Give him a break and some support. There's not much wonder he went straight off after the whistle on Wednesday as he probably hears/sees what is said about him.

Apparently he is a lovely man and is respected by all our players  . 

He is useful as a defender late in a game as well. Makes a nuisance of himself when he gets on the pitch . Opposition managers also don't like playing against him either. 

He's probably not costing a lot .

I hope he gets a bit more game time albeit as a sub. 

Thanks for the goal Atdhe it was worth the wait.

I just wish his name was easier to spell. Never sure whether I've spelt it properly. :nuhiu:

I agree with that, but....It really f.ooks me off when we pay all this cash to go, and have a player who is a "Nuisance"...I mean FFS! Its hardly a ringing endorsement, its damning with faint praise...Its not tactics is it?

"Go on there and be a nuisance"?..I'd trot on  pull the refs shorts down, an' shout "That OK Gaffer"??????

• Haha 1

So both your god awful ‘satirical’ posts on your Wordpress blog (that you don’t know how to use properly) have so far basically pulled the club down.

Atdhe gives us 100%, he may not be a worldy but he came on and did what was asked of him, and took it well. As for his nationality, you do realise the turmoil, genocide and wars that led to his changing nationality don’t you? Not really something that deserves being mocked, given how his family have obviously suffered.

I smell pork.

I've been very hard on nuhiu. Quite rightly so. 

I will say that against Ipswich he did more in ten minutes than Rhodes had done all season. 

He took his goal very well. He made the ball his. Rhodes would have been preening to the camera and he hadn't a clue how to tine a header. 

Well done nuhiu. Prove me wrong again. You may be a carthorse, but in a team of fellow carthoirses you aren't real any worse. That would be impossible 

Shows how few people watch Atdhe closely. He is far better in the air than people give credit for. I've watched closely and many of his headers , often when facing his own players, are not misses but skilful little flicks. he doesn't appear to jump high, but then he often has a six inch advantage over others to start with (he's supposedly 6'6"/6'7"). He invariably attracts at least 2 opposition players to mark him. He makes some deft flicks with his EITHER foot. He can 'keep' the ball when needed . He can, though rarely does, make some rather speedy runs. He settles the team down and pulls it back into shape, although I can't see how. And he always seems to be in the right place at the right time 

No, he is not the speediest of footballers, but then, neither were many of the greats. I think he is labouring under a rather heavy burden, unfairly placed IMO. in that he came as a 'Striker' and many expected him to be quick, and dynamite in front of goal. Whilst he does play forward, he can also, and is quite willing to, track back and strengthen defence when needed. In watching Nuhiu, I see him in a more providing role, and believe could provide more goals than he scores.

There must be something in him that we haven't seen being exploited. He obviously retains the confidence of Carlos and of his International Manager. We saw the sam thing with Clarke, who had criticism heaped on him at S6, but seems to have found a new life at S2. Watch Atdhe  closely, cut him some slack, and observe. He may not be the 20 goal a year striker we beg for , but I can see him in a role pf provider/finisher.

Some of the comments made about Atde Nuhiu on Owlstalk are an absolute disgrace.

Sadly, the personal insults, often go unchallenged and this only serves to embolden the type of person who gets some sort of kick, out of abusing the player.

Hillsborough too.

Ive heard some people in the North stand making  attempts at Donkey noises and start laughing when Atdhe Nuhiu is on the ball.

I have nothing but contempt for their behaviour !

The old phrase, 

"YOU CAN'T EDUCATE PORK"

Was tailor made for these people .

17 hours ago, Will69 said:

So both your god awful ‘satirical’ posts on your Wordpress blog (that you don’t know how to use properly) have so far basically pulled the club down.

Isn't blogging just writing on the Internet? I managed to read it ok.

(Genuine question btw) 

18 hours ago, Will69 said:

Atdhe gives us 100%, he may not be a worldy but he came on and did what was asked of him, and took it well. As for his nationality, you do realise the turmoil, genocide and wars that led to his changing nationality don’t you? Not really something that deserves being mocked, given how his family have obviously suffered.

I smell pork.

It's satire mate. 100% Owl.  I know the guy and we love Nuhiu and have always supported him. Not saying we think he should make the squad but that's not the point.  I think in times like this it's better to have a bit of a laugh at our selves rather than countless negative posts on here. 

Just a bit of fun lads.