Jordan Rhodes

Rhodes is going to give you very little bar goals. That's his game, putting the ball in the back of the net, doing nowt for 90 mins but ending up with a goal or two (a rare skill), not dropping deep, not  being a target man, not running at defenders...he's a penalty box player. You can argue until the cows come home about us not playing or playing a game suited to him but anybody with an ounce of football knowledge could have told you exactly what we were getting with Rhodes. It seems the people who sign our players have a very limited appreciation on to what would actually improve us or fit into our managers style of play.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shandypants said:

He’s got to change or we’ve got to play for him or he’s got to be moved on because it’s just not working with him in the team playing the way we do at my opinion. He adds very little if anything. 

Playing those two together upfront just winds me up!!

Not a slower pair in the league. 

We don’t play to his strengths but in a Horrible scrappy game like that today your 8 million pound striker should be taking the chance he had in first half. That’s surely the point of paying big money ,turning the draws when you don’t play well into wins 

Edited by Avon barksdale

2 hours ago, shandypants said:

He’s got to change or we’ve got to play for him or he’s got to be moved on because it’s just not working with him in the team playing the way we do at my opinion. He adds very little if anything. 

Football Clubs in this situation often look for a new Manager to get the best out of their best player. 

Absolute waste of a squad number at the minute. Adds nothing and squanders chances.

We've been bemoaning lack of supply but he had one on a plate last night and fluffed his lines. 

In addition his style of play forces hooper to drop further and further back.

A good start would be getting him out of the XI.

On Saturday, November 18, 2017 at 17:34, shandypants said:

On Saturday, November 18, 2017 at 17:35, Kanye West said:

Neither him or Hooper got a sniff today, you can’t blame it just on him. 

He had a good chance and missed .

His header wasn’t great but his worst moment was trying to reach the little threaded ball to the centre from the right, possibly from Wallace. I honestly think I would have got there and I am 40! He has the pace of a decaying corpse. He just couldn’t get there in time , any other striker in the league would have got onto that , the ball was perfect and beautifully weighted.

1 hour ago, thatladfromchap said:

Absolute waste of a squad number at the minute. Adds nothing and squanders chances.

We've been bemoaning lack of supply but he had one on a plate last night and fluffed his lines. 

In addition his style of play forces hooper to drop further and further back.

A good start would be getting him out of the XI.

What a load of poo you talk, he missed a chance the bloke needs service and it was very very poor again last night.

10 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

His header wasn’t great but his worst moment was trying to reach the little threaded ball to the centre from the right, possibly from Wallace. I honestly think I would have got there and I am 40! He has the pace of a decaying corpse. He just couldn’t get there in time , any other striker in the league would have got onto that , the ball was perfect and beautifully weighted.

He seemed to be caught in two minds; there was a little hesitation as if he was going to drop off the defender for the ball rather than just race forward. He was the dream signing but he has lost his Mojo!