Jordan Rhodes

Guest RocketOwl

How anyone can defend Rhodes performances not just the past few games but since day 1 is alarming.

People use every excuse under the sun for Rhodes when the direct and straight answer is he is just an average standard these days in a league that has progressed beyond his capabilities.

1 minute ago, RocketOwl said:

How anyone can defend Rhodes performances not just the past few games but since day 1 is alarming.

People use every excuse under the sun for Rhodes when the direct and straight answer is he is just an average standard these days in a league that has progressed beyond his capabilities.

Amen brother

Guest RocketOwl
3 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Dunno what game you're referencing as that original reply was about the Bristol game. But yes Hooper played well, never looked like scoring apart from his penalty though.

Hooper was class second half last night.

5 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Without good wide players who are allowed to stay forward and out on the wing, Rhodes will never do well here.

He's still for me one of the best strikers in the league, we're just not making the most of him.

Based on what i have seen while he's been here ( i have seen every game he's played for us) i'd say he's one of the worst in the league never mind the best.

His performances for us have been of a very poor standard. 

Guest RocketOwl
1 minute ago, Kanye West said:

He wasn't class at all last night, he just weren't as bad as anyone else.

Only Bannan came out of that game with any credit last night.

Hooper had moments of class which is what you want from your striker had the bottle to take a pen and you mention Bannan but hooper was always an option unlike his strike partner.

Bannan was brilliant and has been all season.

Guest RocketOwl
Just now, torres said:

Based on what i have seen while he's been here ( i have seen every game he's played for us) i'd say he's one of the worst in the league never mind the best.

I couldn't agree more.

Believe it or not I was very excited when we signed him, as I looked at his goals record and it seemed a great signing.

Like you I have seen most of his games and I am shocked at how poor he is. Some people suggest it's how we play but it's not. If we change our play he will still be slow, weak and immobile. It's a car crash signing.

6 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Said it before, going on his performances so far he'd have been written off as poo  if he'd been signed as an unknown from a lower league club. No excuses would be made due do our (lack of) style. People would be going ape bobbar about not giving the likes of Hirst a run over this "cart horse"

1 minute ago, RocketOwl said:

I couldn't agree more.

Believe it or not I was very excited when we signed him, as I looked at his goals record and it seemed a great signing.

Like you I have seen most of his games and I am shocked at how poor he is. Some people suggest it's how we play but it's not. If we change our play he will still be slow, weak and immobile. It's a car crash signing.

Mate you've been slagging him off since pretty much the day we signed him FFS.

Balls in behind or in to the box and he scores, we're incapable of making chances and that's why we've had 2 shorts on target in 200+ minutes.

Guest RocketOwl
2 minutes ago, Walt said:

Said it before, going on his performances so far he'd have been written off as poo  if he'd been signed as an unknown from a lower league club. No excuses would be made due do our (lack of) style. People would be going ape bobbar about not giving the likes of Hirst a run over this "cart horse"

Would he have scored the goal Nuhiu did?

Would he have scored the goal Joao did against Sheffield United?

Fletcher comes on and immediately we look better.

For me he is our worst striker:

Guest RocketOwl
1 minute ago, Kanye West said:

Mate you've been slagging him off since pretty much the day we signed him FFS.

Balls in behind or in to the box and he scores, we're incapable of making chances and that's why we've had 2 shorts on target in 200+ minutes.

Are you blind? That's because he has been useless?

Balls in behind???? Seriously. He has no pace whatsoever.

9 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

I couldn't agree more.

Pound for pound he has to be the worst signing we have ever made

15 minutes ago, torres said:

Come on then - what do you expect him to do that he's not already doing?

He is a goalscorer. plain and simple. And yet all we do is lump long balls to him and hope for the best.

What's alarming is that we can't change our style to suit our record signing, but when Nuhiu comes on we'll change our style to his game and start lumping balls up to him.

1 minute ago, Ballmeist said:

Come on then - what do you expect him to do that he's not already doing?

Put away simple chances for a start Clearly he wasn’t signed for his team play and ability to take the game to the opposition However, his previous record suggested he was capable of putting away chances that might come his way He doesn’t even do that

3 minutes ago, AyrshireOwl said:

He is a goalscorer. plain and simple. And yet all we do is lump long balls to him and hope for the best.

What's alarming is that we can't change our style to suit our record signing, but when Nuhiu comes on we'll change our style to his game and start lumping balls up to him.

Can’t agree with that mate Even last night, he missed with that close range header that was easier to score Then he didn’t attack that ball across the six yard box

4 minutes ago, AyrshireOwl said:

I lost count the number of times he had his hand up begging for the ball against Brizzle on Saturday only for the ball to be played sideways. I really feel for the lad, you don't lose what he has overnight.