Daily Mail's Matt Barlow - SWFC's Hirst Snub

Guest Manwithastick
19 hours ago, Ethel The Tree said:

That has been 'officially' stated

We've also heard (officially?) that Mr C wanted any prospective loan-out club to pay his wages in full - which (apparently) ruled out Notts Co as that would have made him their highest earner

I've also read somewhere (semi-officially) that two clubs were willing to meet this condition - one of them was Mansfield

I'm not sure, but I don't think the other was Rotherham - which may have been the players/reps club of choice, which in turn may also explain the bit about Mr C 'blocking the move'

It really needs clearing up

Imagine if Notts County were being asked for a £5k per week loan fee. And that happened to be 2.5x the weekly wage offered? Imagine how 

annoyed you'd be?

To be honest, the whole Hirst thing disappoints me greatly.

Anyone who’s a fan of SWFC will know of the financial misfortune we’ve suffered since leaving the premier league. And even though we now have (at last) a rich chairman, we now also have a very saleable youth player.

Whether George and his advisors want to leave or not, they know that he could either stay and make a big difference here, or go and make a tidy sum for the club. And in order to maximise either he needs to go out on loan. And the club’s not going to send him out without securing him for longer than next summer.

He should sign, go out on loan, and then stay or be sold at a higher fee.

i have no sympathy for him in his current predicament.

20 hours ago, BIG D said:

George Hirst is nowhere near the standard of the kids at Chelsea and City.

BIG D , 

You are correct. But neither were John Stones nor Kante when Everton and Leicester bought them young.

And these are the 2 clubs known to bid for Hirsty.

Their strategy is nick em cheap from EPL clubs then sell high to the top boys.

And we wouldn't even to get a sell on clause if Hirsty doesn't re - sign.

This is how high the stakes are here and DC employing Doyen - who then signed up Hirsty - aint helped us.

•  
Edited by fred mciver

18 minutes ago, fred mciver said:
  20 hours ago, BIG D said:

George Hirst is nowhere near the standard of the kids at Chelsea and City.

BIG D , 

You are correct. But neither were John Stones nor Kante when Everton and Leicester bought them young.

And these are the 2 clubs known to bid for Hirsty.

Their strategy is nick em cheap from EPL clubs then sell high to the top boys.

And we wouldn't even to get a sell on clause if Hirsty doesn't re - sign.

This is how high the stakes are here and DC employing Doyen - who then signed up Hirsty - aint helped us.

•  

To be fair though Kante had already played 100 league games in France and Stones was in Barnsleys first team. 

So far Hirsts still yet to play league football at any level. 

It's small points of course.... 

We all want the lad signed. I'm pretty sure having been brought up here, having friends here that the lad himself would rather play here given the choice. 30 years ago I doubt we'd all be having this debate.

But modern Football is warped. 

I agree with you Re Doyen. I still fail to see how having Doyen represent the player isn't a conflict of interest no matter how it's dressed up as Doyen Sports and Doyen Global being 'separate entities'

Edited by Lord Snooty

2 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

Why do so many people on here without knowing any details say "He should sign"?

Has George Hirst not got any legal rights?

I assume by this comment that you have all the details?

Care to share and save the rest of us from jumping to the wrong conclusions?

7 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

Why do so many people on here without knowing any details say "He should sign"?

Has George Hirst not got any legal rights?

Because it benefits him either way.

If he signs, goes out on loan and stays - no doubt he'll be pushing for the first team as he'll progress whilst out on loan.

If he signs, goes out on loan and leaves - no doubt he'll improve with regular league football - and will be worth more = bigger contract with a Premier League club.

Edited by Pulcinella

21 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

If he signs, goes out on loan and stays - no doubt he'll be pushing for the first team as he'll progress whilst out on loan.

If he signs, goes out on loan and leaves - no doubt he'll improve with regular league football - and will be worth more = bigger contract with a Premier League club.

So youngsters who go through our academy should be forced to sign contracts?

What about workers at McDonalds?

1 minute ago, Geoffrey said:

So youngsters who go through our academy should be forced to sign contracts?

What about workers at McDonalds?

Bloody hell Geoffrey. .

Where do you get your info?

Did you not know Doyen are the official appointed agents for employees at Macdonalds

Missed that one didn't you lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pulcinella said:

He should sign, go out on loan, and then stay or be sold at a higher fee.

i have no sympathy for him in his current predicament.

I do wonder how much of a say he's actually having.

I know he's old enough to be his own man.

But when you have third party representation and when your father has been involved in the game and got his own experience to look back on....

37 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

what happens if he signs and doesn't improve or if he gets a career ending injury  and we chuck him on the scraphead when he's 22 .......see out this season sign a 4 deal for a lot more money at a prem club and he's set up for life whether he makes the grade or not . 

He won’t be set up for life where ever he signs a contract now. The numbers talked about at places like Chelsea are eye watering but still not enough for life, just a decent start, and also Chelsea aren’t interested. It’s the likes of Leicester.

As has been suggested earlier, all our other promising kids (and we have a few) have been happy to sign. Plenty of people i know say Waldock, Penney and Lonchar are at least as promising. Wildsmith - who's played league football and for England U21s, so waaaaaay ahead of Hirst - also signed without issue.

In the first team, Westwood, Lees, Hutch, Bannan, Lee, FF all felt able to extend their contracts under DC/ CC.

Yet GH doesn't. Very odd. Whats different about his situation?

Edited by dfoster

11 minutes ago, Sonny said:

He won’t be set up for life where ever he signs a contract now. The numbers talked about at places like Chelsea are eye watering but still not enough for life, just a decent start, and also Chelsea aren’t interested. It’s the likes of Leicester.

True. But in the crazy world of modern football Leicester can pay double the wages of bigger clubs in the division below.

I mean.... I didn't think I'd see a day when a player given the choice of clubs would choose Bournemouth over a club the size of Wolves or Newcastle. 

But it's all warped. 

23 minutes ago, Sonny said:

£10k a week on a 4 year deal is £2 million....I'd venture that makes him set up for life.....even half that probably would.

The issue for GH in my eyes is learning from his Dads experience....and I don't mean the Man United thing......he could sign a contact with us, go out on loan, get kicked all over and get a career ending injury......he's then very far from set up for life.

Dissapointing though it is GH is probably been advised well and the club are doing what they see as best for us which I can also see...unfortunately this is one of those cases where the 2 are miles apart and there seems to be no middle ground..,.its unfortunate but no need for bed wetting and over the top criticism of either party 

13 hours ago, raljex said:

I presume the Chelsea and Man City kids aren't English then or am I missing something?

I suspect the bit you are missing and many people aren't aware of is that the England team Hirst was playing for in the summer was very much a reserve side.....the main team was playing in, and winning, the World Cup with the likes of Solanke up front

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

£10k a week on a 4 year deal is £2 million....I'd venture that makes him set up for life.....even half that probably would.

The issue for GH in my eyes is learning from his Dads experience....and I don't mean the Man United thing......he could sign a contact with us, go out on loan, get kicked all over and get a career ending injury......he's then very far from set up for life.

Dissapointing though it is GH is probably been advised well and the club are doing what they see as best for us which I can also see...unfortunately this is one of those cases where the 2 are miles apart and there seems to be no middle ground..,.its unfortunate but no need for bed wetting and over the top criticism of either party 

Yeah fair enough, I was perhaps naively assuming that clubs won’t dish out a 4 year deal to someone with zero experience but £2 million would obviously be decent after Doyens cut.

49 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

I would expect you to try and be accurate. Wildsmith hasn't played for the England U21s. He's played once for the U20s, Hirst 5 times (4 goals).

Called up for the under 21 squad last year and this year though