Daily Mail's Matt Barlow - SWFC's Hirst Snub

30 minutes ago, Ian said:

I suspect you aren't in a job which may end up any day in you sustaining an injury which stops you working ever again

They can always join the real world then , and get a normal job like the rest of us. 

10 minutes ago, londonowl said:

Not really a fair point though is it. Would you rather earn £15k a week doing something you love or £2k a week doing the same thing?

It's all totally mental but GH is not to blame for that and he is well within his rights to try and do what is best for himself.

£15k?!!! Doubt he's gonna get that for a while, if at all. Hope he does, means he's successful.

But right now, he's not proven himself at club level. So holding out for more than £2k (if that is the case?) Is just greed IMO.

OK, if someone is offering more (which means he's been tapped up as we've not accepted any bids) then, of course, I can see why he'd want the bigger offer. If it was just about the money.

Looks like it clearly is.

Shame but there you go. 

Wednesday always seem to get the shîtty end of the stick. Even when it's someone who we thought might show a bit of loyalty, at least in the short term.

5 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

They can always join the real world then , and get a normal job like the rest of us. 

At least he'd be injury risk free. When I'm lifting at work I tend to go with the telekinesis approach. Gives me headaches but saves on the old back pains.

I guess if there was a physical risk of injury, they'd have to pay me a footballers wage.

1 minute ago, Donny.Owl said:

£15k?!!! Doubt he's gonna get that for a while, if at all. Hope he does, means he's successful.

But right now, he's not proven himself at club level. So holding out for more than £2k (if that is the case?) Is just greed IMO.

OK, if someone is offering more (which means he's been tapped up as we've not accepted any bids) then, of course, I can see why he'd want the bigger offer. If it was just about the money.

Looks like it clearly is.

Shame but there you go. 

Wednesday always seem to get the shîtty end of the stick. Even when it's someone who we thought might show a bit of loyalty, at least in the short term.

But we are back to the same point aren't we. £2k a week is £300k before tax on a 3 year contract. He has no idea if he will get another contract after this one and probably no idea what he will do if he doesn't make his money playing football. 

Wanting more IF more is available is a way to try and assure he makes some decent money out of football whatever happens. You can't blame the lad for that.

Also doesn't mean he has been tapped up. He has agents who will know what other young players of his standing are getting and will have friends around the England set up. Won't be hard for him to work out what he might be able to get elsewhere without being tapped up.

Terrible reoccurring dream I have .

That GH goes to Leicester and after a couple of weeks gets his debut as a second half sub whilst Leicester are 2-0 down to Arsenal with ten minutes to go 

Hirst scores with first kick Vardy scores second and 5 minutes into stoppage time Hirst launches bullet header into goal gets up and runs to TV camera pitch side alongside Vardy lifting shirts simultaneously to show UTO T shirts 

Then giving the finger to watching TV Audience 

"Sod the fine I'm on 45 grand a week"

Says George to his interviewer 

"Sheffield who?"

Horrible dream..... 

Hope it doesn't ever happen ?

1 minute ago, SiJ said:

How old is he? 

18? 

Worst thing is how many OT threads we are going to have for the next 10 + years every time he scores a goal :duntmatter:

When he leaves he leaves end of ...

With Vardy there is an exception we know why he didn't play ....

With GH the truth may never out ?

And I won't bother to buy his autobiography he won't need my money by then ......

Just watching England's superstars chasing shadows against Brazil.

Lucky for them that they're playing in a country who's football league is flush with money.

How many would make the big time if they weren't?

Half the senior squad would be dreaming of £2k a week contracts.

lol

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

Can you imagine if when he signed his first contract 20 months ago he had been told you’ll be on £100k+ by the end of next year? 

Hirst snr wouldn’t have been able to put his pint down fast enough. 

For someone who claims to be "not bothered" about this you certainly have a lot of vitriol for George Hirst and David Hirst.

How sad.

Just now, Geoffrey said:

For someone who claims to be "not bothered" about this you certainly have a lot of vitriol for George Hirst and David Hirst.

How sad.

A bit like you having so much vitriol for the club ON PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING.  

2 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

Wrong Big Mouth.

Come on. There's 92 clubs. Surely you can name one that treats their youngsters as badly.

It's one youngster...and we don't know the full details of this situation.

Yet again, you're being economical with the truth to suit your agenda.

12 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

How sad.

True though mouth. 

David Hirst is my favourite Wednesday player of all time. Donkey Deane is probably your favourite ex player. 

Edited by BIG D

Pity his dad is the great David Hirst. Nothing would have  been said if his name was Joe Bloggs.  I think the senior as a lot to answer to for this debacle. He spat his dummy out and walked out of Wednesday albeit from a corporate capacity.  I think Mr Hirst still as a big chip on his shoulder regarding a potential move to Man Utd which never came off. 

Don't forget he got his England call with Wednesday and no one else. So at the very least the club should have a  little credit for that. This is a matter between a player and the club and not his sodding father FFS.

2 hours ago, CLswfc said:

Pity his dad is the great David Hirst. Nothing would have  been said if his name was Joe Bloggs.  I think the senior as a lot to answer to for this debacle. He spat his dummy out and walked out of Wednesday albeit from a corporate capacity.  I think Mr Hirst still as a big chip on his shoulder regarding a potential move to Man Utd which never came off. 

Don't forget he got his England call with Wednesday and no one else. So at the very least the club should have a  little credit for that. This is a matter between a player and the club and not his sodding father FFS.

Mind reader eh?

lol

• Thanks 1