Daily Mail's Matt Barlow - SWFC's Hirst Snub

4 minutes ago, steveger said:

Genuine question for the mass debaters on here, if, just if, his old man David Hirst had got his own way and went to Manchester United when  Alex Ferguson came calling for him and history was different with him also being a Manchester United legend and scored many a goal for them, would we be having this same discussion with as much passion ? Would posters care as much,

We have a good collection of promising youngsters coming through who don't seem to be having contract prombles, just saying like....

Superb gambit ,Steveger!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Seriously, I doubt the player has had any say in this whatsoever

He'll have been advised on the situation and have representatives acting 'on his behalf'

It's these representatives who have locked horns with Mr C (who, I would imagine, is also being advised on how best to proceed) and the result is a stalemate

The club rejected offers during the summer for a player who was still under contract - that's our prerogative, isn't it?

By offering fresh terms it at least shows our intention to keep the player - but matching the terms PL clubs are able to offer is problematic

So it's all about money then, not a way of fast-tracking a promising young player to stardom - money

Wages and the agent's cut

I'm convinced Mr C has dug his heels in on a matter of principle, and I don't blame him

Is he being stubborn? Possibly

Childish? Don't be daft - his first consideration must be what's best for the club, not any one individual

He gives in to these demands now and it potentially opens the floodgates every time a contract is due for renewal

It's unfortunate that Hirsty jr is, for now at least, the victim in all this - he should be out there playing, and improving 

Instead he's allowing others to make career decisions for him, but clearly something has to give

Those representatives being Doyen who are also entrenched in the club . Massive conflict of interests going on here. Its all very murky 

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

Una Stubbs wasn't it?

I thought the Gold Blend girl was a bit more of a sort.

Dianne Keen was more of a looker 

I cant get Aunt Sally out of my head when ever i see Stubbs. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Come on chaps ,  we're really going to have to raise our game if we're to beat the previous 29 page George Hirst thread record. 

Don't know what you are fretting over Snoots this thread will easy make 50 ..

Reckon Catweazle is going to get a run out next ?lol