Daily Mail's Matt Barlow - SWFC's Hirst Snub

8 minutes ago, raljex said:

No I didn't. I was just wondering how he gets in the England team if they are that far ahead? (unless of course they're not English)

They will be a mixture but also consider the U17 who have just won their WC equivalent. Most, if not all, are already with big clubs and on the little I've seen some are already a match for Hirst.

And they probably won't miss a year of their development.

It's all very sad but one of the inevitable consequences of far too much money in the game.

15 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

It's all very sad but one of the inevitable consequences of far too much money in the game.

Pretty much. 

I mean Hirst Jnr can move to a Prem club, perhaps not make the grade, and still have a earned a substantial amount of money which will set him up for life. 

As things stand we can't compete with Prem clubs in terms of the wages they'll be able to offer an 18-year-old talent. It's really frustrating, and I'm not sure the club have handled the whole thing particularly well, but personally, I think the writing was on the wall a while back. 

Guest mrbluesky
1 minute ago, Ash76 said:

You need to get out more if that's the sort of consistency you produce

Ask your lass.she says it`s just the right mix

Please don`t negz me it`s just `bantz`! lol

14 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

Ask your lass.she says it`s just the right mix

Please don`t negz me it`s just `bantz`! lol

She says only thing you managed was tatty water

1 minute ago, mrbluesky said:

Well at least she admits with being with me lol

She's been with everyone pal I wouldn't consider yourself special 

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Pretty much. 

I mean Hirst Jnr can move to a Prem club, perhaps not make the grade, and still have a earned a substantial amount of money which will set him up for life. 

As things stand we can't compete with Prem clubs in terms of the wages they'll be able to offer an 18-year-old talent. It's really frustrating, and I'm not sure the club have handled the whole thing particularly well, but personally, I think the writing was on the wall a while back. 

Chelsea youngsters on £30k / week so £1.5 mill / year even on a two year contract as you say made up for life. Ideal scenario. couple of years with Chelsea then end up at a championship club on £10 -15 k / week on a 3 year contract so another £2 - 3 mill. Jobs a good'un. As was said on the radio a while back, looking at that scenario where's the incentive to push on with your career?

Guest mrbluesky
8 hours ago, Ash76 said:

It does come across in some of your posts to be honest :duntmatter:

THats kinda why I said it :rolleyes:

I do like you though Ash, so don’t negz me xxx