Hutchinson out Indefinately

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Not getting a second option in for Hitch in the summer will be CC's downfall ( along with no winger of course).  We were crying out for these two positions yet nothing happened!

4 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

No - he's a player who, after battling back from being forced to take premature retirement, understands better than most just how precarious the career of a footballer can be, and he seems utterly determined to make the most of the second chance he's been given. He plays each game as if it could be his last, and the determination he shows has had a massive impact on our team in recent years.

He played 34 games for us last season and 30 the year before. To call him a 'wage thief' is downright disrespectful to the man, to be honest.

We all love his story of woe and how he battled back blah blah blah . He is however of no use anymore he’s basically finished . He isn’t a wage thief , the club is stupid enough to offer him a long deal , same with abdi . 

3 hours ago, Etchesketch said:

Abdi is fit again according to Dom Howson yesterday.  To be fair to Matias he has been fit since about February. May have had one niggle since I think  Came on as sub last week and played both U23 games in the last 7 days.  Just struggles to make the bench basically.

Maybe Matias is not getting game time because he is not very good?

We missed a trick not bringing in Joe Ledley or Craig Bryson both very good footballers who stamp their authority on the middle of the park and players who would allow Lee & Bannan the feeedom to get further forward.

Instead we sign Jacob Butterfield why I’m sure is a very good footballer but I may be wrong as I’m sure I will have seen him play but don’t recall any time.

our recruitment policy is a joke and needs addressing ASAP!

15 hours ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

Hutch and FF might as well leave our considerations for this season. Hopefully we get them both back fit for next.

We need to work with the players we have available and play like we know we're capable of.

I think one will have retired the other plying his trade at another club. The FF debacle as never gone away and neither will it.  Also, I understand Hutchinson's injury is far worse than what as been stated on here. 

5 hours ago, vulva said:

I thought Boyd was a brilliant signing, and one of the best made by any of the Championship sides in the summer. 

Turned down a contract at Burnley so I'm assuming that we're paying him a wage that no other Championship would even consider. I have been told we have 10 players on over £30,000 per week. If Boyd is one of those do you still consider him a brilliant signing? Is he a better signing than Mendez-Laing on a free?

Edited by Geoffrey

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

We all love his story of woe and how he battled back blah blah blah . He is however of no use anymore he’s basically finished . He isn’t a wage thief , the club is stupid enough to offer him a long deal , same with abdi . 

When fit he's one of our better players. I wouldn't write him off just yet, especially given the way he's battled back from injury before.

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

When fit he's one of our better players. I wouldn't write him off just yet, especially given the way he's battled back from injury before.

Is he really though ? He’s permitted injured when he does play he’s usually hobbling off after 20 mins. He is decent but nothing special . That wage could be better utilised elsewhere 

7 hours ago, james o connor said:

Everyone waffling on about how good he is . Why? He’s finished . The only club in the world that would pay these cripples (abdi as well) is this joke of a club. Does my nut at least 40k per week in wages (prober nearer 60) wasted on this pair who haven’t got ten game in em. 

He might be suffering in a way that he's openly talked about.

40 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Is he really though ? He’s permitted injured when he does play he’s usually hobbling off after 20 mins. He is decent but nothing special . That wage could be better utilised elsewhere 

I'd say he's one of our better players, yes. I'm guessing you disagree, but it would be boring on here if we all agreed about everything, wouldn't it?

A player who has carried us through games in the past. The period of around 12 games last season from about oct to Jan he was absolutely unbelievable. Was by far best player on pitch at st James park. 

Such a big miss, you need leaders on the pitch like hutch. Let's hope this one isn't the one that ends it for him. 

7 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

It is very worrying to think that Hutch, Abdi, Matias, Boyd and now FF are all out. That must be over £100,000 per week going right there. 

Abdi and Matias must have pocketed millions over the last few years from SWFC. And some people still aren't worried about FFP. 

thing is ive been banging on about this ffp for some time even when side was winning and getting proper stick for saying it . you don't need brains to work out an ageing squad full of over paid crocks is going 1  way and 1 way only downwards except now its a steep sliding slope downhill .

I hope the guy is going to be OK and makes the fullest recovery possible - no matter how long it takes.

Always a legend in my eyes, must be some dark days for him right now