It just seems daft!

1 minute ago, darra said:

Or we're hoping that he'll change his mind even at the last minute and sign the contract

I hope so darra. Sounds like a bit of a poker game at the moment; who blinks first. We’re not doing ourselves any favours by not playing him in any of the youth games tho.

We've offered him a deal. The rules on signing young, out of contract players mean it will go to a tribunal if we can't agree a deal that satisfies us and we will get a decent fee, plus a hefty set of sell on and appearance/goal clauses. 

It's why West Brom pulled out of the Charlie Taylor deal, £4m+ fee, 35% sell on fee etc etc. 

If he doesn't want to sign with us or thinks he can get better terms elsewhere, then fair enough. It's not a totally one sided thing though and we shouldn't be held to ransom by a player who has not actually achieved anything as yet.

We can all blame the club for this, but part of me agrees with them. As quite a few posters on here who watch youth games have said, he is certainly not ready for the first team. People say, 'Oh, well Rooney was playing at 16', that means bugger all. Hirst WILL NOT be a new Rooney. 

His dad certainly hasn't helped this situation by all accounts, and if they are trying to make the club offer a vastly inflated contract to try and keep him happy, then flip 'em. 

10 hours ago, Ronseal said:

All this badly advised guff is rounduns..one good 4 year comtract could set him up for life..hes got nothing to lose..he will go to leicester..even if he never gets a game or scores a goal..at 22 he will have loads in the bank and he can restart his career at a rham or rochdale or summat

Can't disagree with this. And if he was my son I would find it extremely hard to stop him doing this...

I keep seeing that Hirst is demanding ridiculous wages etc. The club offered him £2k a week in the summer but value him at £3m+. Can someone tell me where in the current transfer climate you could sign a player for £3m+ and pay them £2k a week? 

The problem we have now is that apart from Hooper the club no longer has fit goal scorer available (Rhodes/ff out long term). So in reality we probably need him at the moment, unless we are going to rely on Joao or Nuhiu to score. 

5 minutes ago, David1867 said:

I keep seeing that Hirst is demanding ridiculous wages etc. The club offered him £2k a week in the summer but value him at £3m+. Can someone tell me where in the current transfer climate you could sign a player for £3m+ and pay them £2k a week? 

The problem we have now is that apart from Hooper the club no longer has fit goal scorer available (Rhodes/ff out long term). So in reality we probably need him at the moment, unless we are going to rely on Joao or Nuhiu to score. 

I have no idea of the actual figures but imo IF we value him at more than we've been offered it stands to reason he and his advisers will want that commensurate contract

unfortunately rumours are this is personal now and I doubt if that is the case a certain someone will back down

Of course not knowing the full details but perhaps a compromise could have been given that he gets first team wages once he has played a number of first team games.

I don't think he has started a first team game yet? Cant go around giving big wages to people who have not even played fully yet.

Shown with FF situation with signing Fletcher that giving players big contracts can put other players noses out of joint. 

5 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Reading between the lines I get the impression George Hirst is trying to use his family name to get a better contract.

Which lines exactly are you reading between?  It is unbelievable how many experts on the subject there are posting on here.  

11 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Destined to be one of the game’s best strikers. And we’re going to watch it unfold at a team like bloody Leicester or Leeds. 

I’m going to stop myself going on a full-on rant. Grrrr.

No he bloody isnt, he's got miles to go yet & lots and lots still to learn.

I think your a good poster but that comment is just miles premature IMO. 

10 hours ago, York_Owl said:

I guess the problem is it sounds like we have had some relatively big offers for him; over one million plus if the rumours are true which we have turned down. So in effect we are saying he is a multi million pound player. At which point he can then turn around and say well if that’s what you value me at pay me the going rate for a player of that value.

This is known as Emerson Thome syndrome.

Monday

" Hi , it's Gianluca calling from  Stamford Bridge. I want Thome. I'll giva you £6m for him"

"Look, you listen here. You can swing, you swarthy get. We want £8m or nothing. Don't call again till you have a serious offer. We're not a selling club.  Goodbye!"

Tuesday

"Hi. It's Emersons agent. I heard you say Emerson is an £8m player. Why are you paying him like a £200k player? It's time for a wage more in line with an £8m player" 

Wednesday

"Hello? Gianluca? Yes. It's me ...erm hahah......just a joke old boy, just a joke......  Yes. ok...sorry about that, swarthy was a bit harsh.....right...this Emerson business. I might have been a bit hasty.  I've decided you can have him for that £6m you mentioned.....what?!.....£4m...well that's two millions less than you said last week!! ......no...no dont' hang up!....but...but..well yes I know what I said but...but.......i mean.......ok , ok. £4m then"

Football is broken.

Doubt the figures quoted on here are true mind, but young lads that play youth team football, asking for more per week than many working class people get a month, is just so wrong.

Not having a go at GH, I don't know the details so that'd be daft.

But the whole game and the people within it, are in cloud Cuckoo land.

They all just want to hope the bubble never bursts.