It just seems daft!

It could only happen here

When it comes to missing opportunities and getting things wrong we are premier league

I don’t think this club has ever been properly run.

MM exempt - yes gets stick for being stingy but he stabilised us and made us a worthy investment opportunity. 

But that’s about it really 

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

13 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Destined to be one of the game’s best strikers. And we’re going to watch it unfold at a team like bloody Leicester or Leeds. 

I’m going to stop myself going on a full-on rant. Grrrr.

What, by banging in a number of goals at youth level?

Is that what you base the above assumption on?

5 hours ago, David1867 said:

I keep seeing that Hirst is demanding ridiculous wages etc. The club offered him £2k a week in the summer but value him at £3m+. Can someone tell me where in the current transfer climate you could sign a player for £3m+ and pay them £2k a week? 

The problem we have now is that apart from Hooper the club no longer has fit goal scorer available (Rhodes/ff out long term). So in reality we probably need him at the moment, unless we are going to rely on Joao or Nuhiu to score. 

I would class over half a million a year in wages as being ridiculous for what is essentially playing  youth football and being coached to improve yourself by pros for free

9 hours ago, Donny El said:

I would class over half a million a year in wages as being ridiculous for what is essentially playing  youth football and being coached to improve yourself by pros for free

Like every player at the club then? 

£500k a year is a lot but where has this figure come from? It's speculation. The club can't have it all their own way though. If they value him at £3m+, which in reality is more than 75% of our first team then they should expect to pay the right wages for a player of that value.

When you take into account Abdi, Mcgugan , Matias and Urby will have earned in excess of £3m between them over the last year for doing literally nothing, it makes the club's stubbornness a little difficult to understand. 

The club have hardly played their hand we'll have they? No squad number, no involvement in the Portugal trip, no involvement in any friendlies, no involvement in the league cup squad. Not exactly a good way to treat someone you want to stay, especially someone that will have a host of clubs waiting for his signature. 

As things stand now, it's hard to even call Hirst a Wednesday player as he doesn't actually play for us. He plays for England and that's it.