George Hirst

4 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

Definitely a talent, but can't help but think if his dad wasn't who it is then there wouldn't be as much fuss or teams coming in like they have done. There's plenty of ex England U19/U21 players who have not gone on to produce the goods. 

Although, knowing us he'll be the next Vardy.  

Not that have come through our youth system there isn't. Especially ones that have had such an impact Hirst has done. 40+ goals last year for club and country. I think anyone can understand the fuss. 

He will leave us for very little and we will be left with Joao and Nuhiu. 

2 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Could easily be but we should be paying him whatever he wants apparently. 

The thing with this is that the club obviously value him at well over £3m (we rejected an offer worth that from Leicester). If we were to go out and sign someone for £3m, we would obviously be paying substantial wages. 

The club are happy to have paid or are paying the wages of - 

Lachman

Dielna

Bus

Melo

Matias

Semedo

Nuhiu

Joao

Abdi

Fox

Wiggins

Kean

Mcgugan

Fred (whatever his name is defender)

McManamam

Buckley

Mcgeady

Emanuelson

and however many others I have missed to sit around and not play, but won't pay the wages of a very highly rated youngster, who is being courted by Premier League teams. The whole thing stinks. 

5 minutes ago, David1867 said:

Not that have come through our youth system there isn't. Especially ones that have had such an impact Hirst has done. 40+ goals last year for club and country. I think anyone can understand the fuss. 

He will leave us for very little and we will be left with Joao and Nuhiu. 

Fair point. Don't get me wrong I don't want him to leave but trying to keep a balanced view... or maybe hoping we're not losing a future star. 

If you're good enough, you're old enough. The likes of Owen and Gerrard were playing at 16/17 for their first team. 

It is concerning the likes of f00king Nuhiu is still at the club and making appearances yet we've such talent in our academy... which if we're not going to use it what's the f00king point of it!? 

Just now, robowl4life said:

Fair point. Don't get me wrong I don't want him to leave but trying to keep a balanced view... or maybe hoping we're not losing a future star. 

If you're good enough, you're old enough. The likes of Owen and Gerrard were playing at 16/17 for their first team. 

It is concerning the likes of f00king Nuhiu is still at the club and making appearances yet we've such talent in our academy... which if we're not going to use it what's the f00king point of it!? 

I couldn't agree more mate. The problem now is that he doesn't actually play football for us at all, hes even been frozen out of the u23 set up. 

It really is a ridiculous situation and although I have a son in our academy, I think the whole thing either needs shutting down or reassessing. No matter what anyone says, there is no route into our first team from the academy/u23s. 

32 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

Definitely a talent, but can't help but think if his dad wasn't who it is then there wouldn't be as much fuss or teams coming in like they have done. There's plenty of ex England U19/U21 players who have not gone on to produce the goods. 

Although, knowing us he'll be the next Vardy.  

Normally I would agree with you, but when I look at Hirsts goalscoring exploits .. compared to other youngsters we've had in the past ... this one is different - this lad is a bit special. he's definitely a finisher just like his dad and feel that we should be making a bit more effort to try and secure him on a long term contract AND get him first team football whether that is with us or a league one club

We don't know what's gone off. Is it down to his dad, money or game time? He's never been given a chance. Yet Fletcher plays every week and gives us nothing. I'm not saying he's a world beater, but he deserves a chance. Look at pigs with Brookes! 

20 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

Normally I would agree with you, but when I look at Hirsts goalscoring exploits .. compared to other youngsters we've had in the past ... this one is different - this lad is a bit special. he's definitely a finisher just like his dad and feel that we should be making a bit more effort to try and secure him on a long term contract AND get him first team football whether that is with us or a league one club

Tony Simmons

40 minutes ago, David1867 said:

The thing with this is that the club obviously value him at well over £3m (we rejected an offer worth that from Leicester). If we were to go out and sign someone for £3m, we would obviously be paying substantial wages. 

The club are happy to have paid or are paying the wages of - 

Lachman

Dielna

Bus

Melo

Matias

Semedo

Nuhiu

Joao

Abdi

Fox

Wiggins

Kean

Mcgugan

Fred (whatever his name is defender)

McManamam

Buckley

Mcgeady

Emanuelson

and however many others I have missed to sit around and not play, but won't pay the wages of a very highly rated youngster, who is being courted by Premier League teams. The whole thing stinks. 

Absolutely spot on. It's another wee wee tail up by the club imo...

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

From what everyone is now saying on the George Hirst situation I think it’s safe to say that we will never see Hirst in the Sheffield Wednesday first team now?

Feckin fed of hearing about George Hirst.

He is a kid that is no where near ready for 1st team football, if he leaves, so what?, we get as good a deal as possible and move on.

The club is FAR bigger than any individual.

3 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Feckin fed of hearing about George Hirst.

He is a kid that is no where near ready for 1st team football, if he leaves, so what?, we get as good a deal as possible and move on.

The club is FAR bigger than any individual.

Does that include Chansiri?

It all depends on what lies behind the dispute. Stopping him playing at all looks pretty shabby from the outside.

I'm backing the club on this one. This is a small city, people talk. There is more to this than meets the eye, and the club have done nothing wrong. 

There are a few ex players in thus City who have a very inflated ego. 

Just now, rickygoo said:

Does that include Chansiri?

It all depends on what lies behind the dispute. Stopping him playing at all looks pretty shabby from the outside.

I would be more upset if Chansiri was forced out of the club, than an 18 year old PROSPECT.