George Hirst

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

From what everyone is now saying on the George Hirst situation I think it’s safe to say that we will never see Hirst in the Sheffield Wednesday first team now?

I think this was evident after the transfer window closed, both sides entrenched and cannot find common ground, shame really but never mind. Time to draw a line under it and move on whilst getting as much as possible for him.

8 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

I think this was evident after the transfer window closed, both sides entrenched and cannot find common ground, shame really but never mind. Time to draw a line under it and move on whilst getting as much as possible for him.

I don't know if we'll get anything at all. Id expect us to turn down bids in January in hopes of coming to an agreement but not getting one, then him leaving on a free in the summer

21 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

From what everyone is now saying on the George Hirst situation I think it’s safe to say that we will never see Hirst in the Sheffield Wednesday first team now?

We've already seen him in the first team...more than once

20 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Is something different being said now to that being said at the end of the transfer window?

I think this topic should be dropped until there are really some new developments. It has been done to death.

1 minute ago, NOT Tom Fisher said:

I don't know if we'll get anything at all. Id expect us to turn down bids in January in hopes of coming to an agreement but not getting one, then him leaving on a free in the summer

Not sure how it works TBH but doesn't it go to a tribunal at least because of his age?

1 hour ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Not sure how it works TBH but doesn't it go to a tribunal at least because of his age?

Pretty sure thats the case.

Clubs are usually very wary of tribunals and can get stung for millions after the event.

Having said that, the non playing impasse at present is hardly increasing his valuation at tribunal.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I skim read that as the George Hirst stadium and though the stadium naming rights discussion and young Hirst's contract situation talks had both well and truly got out of hand.

• Haha 1

Just now, owlZfan84 said:

I just wish we'd sell the lad so that we can draw a line under it.

Because it's pretty obvious that is how all of this will end.

It will never be drawn a line under , If he does well there will be an outcry , If he doesn't there will be loads of the usual told you so merchants piping up 

Its a pity the people on here who claim to know the details of the offer or his demands didn't publish them so we can actually make an informed decision on whether its the Club or the Hirsts to blame 

Definitely a talent, but can't help but think if his dad wasn't who it is then there wouldn't be as much fuss or teams coming in like they have done. There's plenty of ex England U19/U21 players who have not gone on to produce the goods. 

Although, knowing us he'll be the next Vardy.