George Hirst

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

I'm backing the club on this one. This is a small city, people talk. There is more to this than meets the eye, and the club have done nothing wrong. 

There are a few ex players in thus City who have a very inflated ego. 

Grandad and Kivo will be along in a bit with the laughing smiley.

• Haha 1

People saying if he's good enough he's old enough, look at Rooney, Owen, rashford, gerrard, wallcott, bale they were all playing regular at 16/17/18. Absolute psychopaths. Do people really think Carlos wouldn't play him if he was better than say nuhiu or João? Of course he would. Also do people really think chansiri wouldn't pay him what he wants if he was that good? Of course he would. Ah but he scored 40 odd goals for under 19s and development last season. Just to put things into perspective, the likes of Chelsea and man city development teams have been getting tonked by league 1 and 2 teams in checkatrade trophy and their youth teams are lightyears ahead of ours. So what does that say for the standard Hirst has been playing at? Last 2 transfer windows he's turned down loan moves. He's lost a year of development. The sad thing is, he would probably have got valuable experience on the bench once or twice this season if he'd signed a contract. Pure greed. Would he refuse a loan to league 1 or 2 if Leicester or Everton signed him? Good riddance I say. If he's holding us to ransom now he'd be doing it every 2 or 3 years. Si thi young en all the best with ballon d'Or next year.

People talk about the phrase "No one is bigger than the club"

It's been rolled out to various chairmen, board members, managers and players, 

It now seems we have found the one person that is actually bigger than the club..... George Hirst

Or so some people think .......

5 minutes ago, ANDY said:

People talk about the phrase "No one is bigger than the club"

It's been rolled out to various chairmen, board members, managers and players, 

It now seems we have found the one person that is actually bigger than the club..... George Hirst

Or so some people think .......

Never seen him as bigger than the club. Just wish things had turned out differently.

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

From what everyone is now saying on the George Hirst situation I think it’s safe to say that we will never see Hirst in the Sheffield Wednesday first team now?

The situation is pathetic 

9 hours ago, OxonOwl said:

Is something different being said now to that being said at the end of the transfer window?

I think this topic should be dropped until there are really some new developments. It has been done to death.

Nothing is done to death on here.

You should know that by now.

I'm using a correct meaning in my grammar btw.

9 hours ago, OxonOwl said:

Is something different being said now to that being said at the end of the transfer window?

I think this topic should be dropped until there are really some new developments. It has been done to death.

Dont read it then lol

Devils advocate time

There might be some managers looking at Hirst thinking he's a prospect but also thinking hang on a minute seems like he's got a bit of an attitude problem that lad, wouldn't want him disrupting out youth set up.

As I say devils advocate time

6 hours ago, Arthur Bach said:

Fletcher gives us nothing?

Back to school next week for you lad.

And why’s that? Misses more than what he scores. Joao has had a bigger impact in last five games.

What does he offer then? Apart from late tackles from a bad touch, or countless sitters. And don’t give me that crap ‘He’s Hoopers best partner’ 

If Fletcher was lining up against us, would you be worried? I certainly wouldn’t

Seen Hirst play twice.   Once v Chelsea in the Youth Cup when we were out played and George did not impress and the other time v Stocksbridge and again nothing that stood out.  Clare and Penney were the ones if any that came to the fore.

Obviously something there with the goals scored but come on how many free scoring youth players have there been that the highest they played was Bury.

Totally back the club here if the Hirst team have backed out of an agreed deal and put crazy demands in.

Guest wilyfox

Not fussed. Club comes before the player. If it's not a good deal, I wouldn't expect Chansiri to do it. He's spunked too much already. George is talented, no doubt, but still a boy in physique. I think he'd get battered at this level. Should be out on loan. Wasting what should be an important year in his development.