Does Chansiri actually have a clue what he's doing?

3 hours ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

It is my least favourite myth that Mr Chansiri is a "successful businessman".

Sure, he's clearly wealthy and has thrown a huge amount of money at the football club, but as far as I can work out, he's done this with family money and with a complete disregard for a proper business strategy.

He may as well be Paris Hilton.

This.

So much of what's going on at the club makes more sense if you assume it's being run by a bored member of the idle rich trying to impress his son/play real life Football Manager.

11 hours ago, poite said:

It's a genuine question.

When you look at it, what has he actually done with the club other than spend money? Don't get me wrong, nobody, myself included, is complaining that a chairman has spent money but everything else has been a mess.

If I had millions of pounds I know I could be capable of buying a new pitch, a new scoreboard and a list of players.

But commercially and operationally we are shambolic. Probably the worst I have known. 

Does he actually know what he's doing when it comes to running a football club? 

I know it's a sin to say anything negative about DC on here so I have my tin hat on ready.

Absolutely spot on.  The culture of the Club has totally changed, and I don’t like it one bit.  I’ve been watching My beloved Wednesday home and away for 55 years and I have never felt so low about what is going on. Even when we were bottom of the old third division at least it felt like “my” Club.  If only we could have Milan back with access to the same money that DC has wasted.

the problem with our club clearly is the man at the top chansiri , yes clearly he has invested huge amounts of money which we are all grateful ,but you have to have the right people working for you top to bottom of club and we all know we are a total shambles from every aspect of club , the problem is now that on the pitch things are getting so bad is income will go down even further which means its a certainty that players with value will leave in January unless a new manager comes in and changes it (which I think will be very difficult due to so many players on between 20k a wk to  50k a week who we are stuck with) that's why we need an experienced man like McCarthy or pearson, long term id like hecky off Barnsley but don't think he would be right man at min .

In a word no.

He ramped up expection. Took over a mid table club (which thanks to Gray with a net spend of zero) who used to be yo yo relegation/promotion fodder.

Instead of the yoy improvement approach, DC went all out and throw tons of money to get us into contention straight away, and to be fair he nearly pulled it off).

Problem is we've had two sessions of this approach and it hasn't worked. Finishing 4th was great but was also a false signal of progress. Our performance against Huddersfield actually signaled decline. It was also against a team who took a different approach and imo the correct one in getting out of this league.

We desperately needed to usher in a new approach, and DC bottled it.

Now if the signals from the club (and pricing) indicated we are a plucky top 10 side I think many fans would be ok with this, egstatic even given our woeful recent history.

However you can't throw £30 odd million pounds around and talk about promotion in two years etc and then go hiding when it doesn't happen, and the guy you brought in has failed twice and losing his grip on the team and reality.

Sorry DC but you've become a victim of your own hype. The lack of leadership and silence is deafening.

When people have mentioned that MR C Is a successful businessman they (myself included) have done this upon what been spoon fed via very limited information available on him as in via the Sheffield Star, Radio Sheffield when he bought us, why should we have questioned this at the time, the guys a multi millionaire after all.

Using the resources available mainly google the search returns more or less bugger all to back up that successful businessman claim by the local media and makes me lean more to the side of the pocket money from daddy theory. Funny when he first was interviewed we have "TUF" backgrounds for the interview.

In reality i don't care about the guys business background etc now, nothing to do with me, i just hope he will eventually employ good people that know how to run a football club successfully and let them get on with it for him, he would reap the rewards I believe.

He is the loaded owner we have always wanted and prayed for and has shown he aint afraid to back his managers, and start to improve the stadium, little things help for now, just let someone else look after the commercial side please MR C

Edited by steveger

DC needs to get a Chief Exec in to help run the club day to day with Palmer. We all joked about the "committee" but let's be honest we had the best season in years shortly after they joined. We made intelligent signings. 

Since they got the boot we appear to have lacked recruitment strategy and have been a bit of a shambles commercially. 

Clearly Chansiri is a decent businessman. But he's not a football man, so sit back and let someone else run it. Learn a bit more. Someone with knowledge and experience of running a club in England. Preferably someone who isn't affiliated to a 3rd party sports agency.....

5 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

DC needs to get a Chief Exec in to help run the club day to day with Palmer. We all joked about the "committee" but let's be honest we had the best season in years shortly after they joined. We made intelligent signings. 

Since they got the boot we appear to have lacked recruitment strategy and have been a bit of a shambles commercially. 

Clearly Chansiri is a decent businessman. But he's not a football man, so sit back and let someone else run it. Learn a bit more. Someone with knowledge and experience of running a club in England. Preferably someone who isn't affiliated to a 3rd party sports agency.....

Assuming this relates to Dejphon Chansiri, I would hold judgement on that one. If the figures banded about when he took over the club are an accurate indicator, I would say that Mandaric took him to the cleaners. There is enough in the running of the club in the background to lay doubt. as for bogus companies and dodgy shirt deals etc., if that's an indicator of a decent businessman, I'm out.

3 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Assuming this relates to Dejphon Chansiri, I would hold judgement on that one. If the figures banded about when he took over the club are an accurate indicator, I would say that Mandaric took him to the cleaners. There is enough in the running of the club in the background to lay doubt. as for bogus companies and dodgy shirt deals etc., if that's an indicator of a decent businessman, I'm out.

I'm sort of going on the fact he's a multimillionaire, with businesses back home.

11 hours ago, poite said:

It's a genuine question.

When you look at it, what has he actually done with the club other than spend money? Don't get me wrong, nobody, myself included, is complaining that a chairman has spent money but everything else has been a mess.

If I had millions of pounds I know I could be capable of buying a new pitch, a new scoreboard and a list of players.

But commercially and operationally we are shambolic. Probably the worst I have known. 

I know it's a sin to say anything negative about DC on here so I have my tin hat on ready.

Certain people have questioned DCs running of the club for some time. They have also been crucified for it. The bandwagon is simply gathering momentum. Nobody has questioned that he has spent money and I believe his intentions are good but has gone about it in the wrong way. That’s why I thought the person who suggested Wilkinson as an intermediary was a good idea. DC certainly needs someone to hold his hand. Otherwise more mess and expense will ensue.

12 hours ago, BRADDO said:

No, DC clearly doesn't know what he's doing and he is culpable in our current failures both on and off the pitch. I believe a light needs shining on him as much as Carlos tbh. My view is that the first season under Carlos is the best it will ever be under DCs reign. Just my opinion.

Agreed.

12 hours ago, poite said:

It's a genuine question.

No. You can also add the fact that it costs an effin fortune to go and watch us now aswell.

i don’t get the surprise - he probably didn’t know who we were 3 years ago and everyone just assumed he’s some Father Christmas come over to sponsor our ride to the premier league.

We’ve better players since he came so can cut him some slack but the rest of the job he’s done is very poor. 

i said this from the off but was regularly called a pig.

DC has trust issues I feel. He doesn't seem to have any actual advisors on the football side. There are plenty of people who advise the Chairman on retail, ticketing, corporate and hospitality but the Chairman won't take their advice - otherwise things would be different. A quick tour of the club shop shows it up clearly. If you get chance to talk to the retail staff or the retail manager they'll happily tell you how it is. 

In terms of off-field investment what do we have to show? Well:

New EPOS tills (£100k?)

New players lounge at the training ground (£1m)

Freshly painted bridge railings (£50)

LED advertising perimeter boards (£??)

Kop extension (£50k?)

New logo wraps in the shop (£1k?)

New kit....oh wait.

Taxi company! 

Is that it?

DC should loosen the reins a bit, get a football save CEO or just listen to the experts he's appointed or allowed to be appointed at the club (looking at Joe) and take heed of their advice.

There is a growing unease that DC doesn't actually have the money he says he has. There seems to be concern that if we get promoted this year he'll sell. If we don't then he might cut us off and not spend anything. Someone ITK told me the other day that DC says he's not spending any money on infrastructure until / unless we get promoted.