Does Chansiri actually have a clue what he's doing?

As I mentioned in another thread it's DCs superstious nature that worries me

Getting rid of unlucky stripes has really worked a treat

IMO people who are devoutly superstitious or even religious are disturbingly unable or unwilling to change things even though it's blindingly obvious that change is needed.

DC needs to hand the decision making over to 'football people' who know what they're doing and leave all the superstious cr@p at home.

1 minute ago, horny owl said:

As I mentioned in another thread it's DCs superstious nature that worries me

Getting rid of unlucky stripes has really worked a treat

IMO people who are devoutly superstitious or even religious are disturbingly unable or unwilling to change things even though it's blindingly obvious that change is needed.

DC needs to hand the decision making over to 'football people' who know what they're doing and leave all the superstious cr@p at home.

Do you actually think that is the real reason?

5 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Do you actually think that is the real reason?

Superstition is something to do with it IMO

Its hard to reason with somebody who has unreasonable beliefs

The stripes is purely a visual manifestation of DCs superstious beliefs

His inflexibility on other issues may well be due to his superstious beliefs as well as a lack of trust of people around him

I seriously hope not, but it would explain a lot

Just now, horny owl said:

Superstition is something to do with it IMO

Its hard to reason with somebody who has unreasonable beliefs

The stripes is purely a visual manifestation of DCs superstious beliefs

His inflexibility on other issues may well be due to his superstious beliefs as well as a lack of trust of people around him

I seriously hope not, but it would explain a lot

Of course I could be mistaken on this but I reckon that, somewhere along the line, a marketing consultant (or similar) has mentioned to DC that white lettering on a blue background is more prominent than a sponsors' name on a striped background.

3 minutes ago, horny owl said:

You can still easily have white lettering on a blue background and have stripes as well

Yeah well, I can't say for sure, but the idea about stripes being unlucky sounds implausible to me but, then again, perhaps he's an implausible sort of guy. I certainly think there is more prominence when lettering is on a solid background as opposed to a striped one.

3 minutes ago, heppers said:

I suspect not. If he was that clever his dad would involve him in their own business.

Instead he buys him a new train set to keep him out of his hair.

I am pretty sure that neither his father or TUF had any influence on Dejphon Chansiri buying into Sheffield Wednesday. 

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

I am pretty sure that neither his father or TUF had any influence on Dejphon Chansiri buying into Sheffield Wednesday. 

I don't buy this. I think this is the line getting peddled, but I reckon TUF are right behind all this. 

9 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Originally, Dejphon Chansiri received family funding and has his own personal wealth. The purchase of Wednesday was a completely separate matter.

He paid in instalments over 2 years.

MM accepted this as it was backed by a bank guarantee supported by TUC.

15 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Originally, Dejphon Chansiri received family funding and has his own personal wealth. The purchase of Wednesday was a completely separate matter.

How much and what from? 

Just now, Almat said:

How much and what from? 

You would have to address him with that one. Everyone has personal wealth though some have a lot more than others. When I owned my businesses in China, I had personal wealth. For sure, Chansiri's wealth would be a great deal higher than mine, but how much is anyone's guess.

31 minutes ago, heppers said:

Yes. 

I just wanted to be clear. The reason why I asked is that I, and a group of business associates connected with the fishing industry, have a very minor shareholding in the PLC. The assertion that the PLC Board put out to the shareholders vis-a-vis the purchase of football clubs and other businesses not related to the core activities of TUF , differs from your assertion. 

40 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

I just wanted to be clear. The reason why I asked is that I, and a group of business associates connected with the fishing industry, have a very minor shareholding in the PLC. The assertion that the PLC Board put out to the shareholders vis-a-vis the purchase of football clubs and other businesses not related to the core activities of TUF , differs from your assertion. 

They provided a guarantee to the bank which in turn guaranteed MM his payments.