Does Chansiri actually have a clue what he's doing?

1 minute ago, heppers said:

They provided a guarantee to the bank which in turn guaranteed MM his payments. 

Simply put, if the PLC use any of the company capital to prop up the deal, then they will have misled the shareholders. Nowhere in the company prospectus does it list loss making football clubs under its list of core activities and to be frank, if I was some guy out in Asia and part of my pension fund was invested in TUF, I would be pretty severely hacked off if the PLC Board started engaging in projects that potentially add no value to the company and could result in considerable losses.

15 hours ago, poite said:

It's a genuine question.

When you look at it, what has he actually done with the club other than spend money? Don't get me wrong, nobody, myself included, is complaining that a chairman has spent money but everything else has been a mess.

If I had millions of pounds I know I could be capable of buying a new pitch, a new scoreboard and a list of players.

But commercially and operationally we are shambolic. Probably the worst I have known. 

Does he actually know what he's doing when it comes to running a football club? 

I know it's a sin to say anything negative about DC on here so I have my tin hat on ready.

His hearts in the right place, of that I am convinced, but he's either very stubborn and self assured or been badly let down by his staff and advisors. Both on and off the pitch 

Much criticism of DC here, yet he has invested heavily in the club and does appear to have a great deal of integrity when so many in the sport do not. Yes he has probably been naive in some aspects of running the club but he did acknowledge his shortcomings in this respect when he initially took over. I feel he has tried to cultivate the support of fans by listening to them and in answering questions. If we as fans are frustrated this season, more so for him as it will be costing him a fortune to either get rid of Carlos and his team or to carry on backing him with the risk of fans drifting away having become disenchanted. IMO he has been a big plus for Wednesday and this should not be forgotten.

6 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Simply put, if the PLC use any of the company capital to prop up the deal, then they will have misled the shareholders. Nowhere in the company prospectus does it list loss making football clubs under its list of core activities and to be frank, if I was some guy out in Asia and part of my pension fund was invested in TUF, I would be pretty severely hacked off if the PLC Board started engaging in projects that potentially add no value to the company and could result in considerable losses.

I am not sure what you want me to say.

2 hours ago, horny owl said:

As I mentioned in another thread it's DCs superstious nature that worries me

Getting rid of unlucky stripes has really worked a treat

IMO people who are devoutly superstitious or even religious are disturbingly unable or unwilling to change things even though it's blindingly obvious that change is needed.

DC needs to hand the decision making over to 'football people' who know what they're doing and leave all the superstious cr@p at home.

Negged by mistake. But spot on.

I heard he wanted to divert the Don because running water is unlucky lol

You feel club is at a bit of a crossroads at moment.

DC makes right calls we can have a solid base, re group and go again at trying to go up (maybe next season if not this)and maybe also be better run off the pitch with the club learning from errors recently.

If not who knows where the club will be in 3-4 years.

Does he know what he's doing? I fuckinghopeso 

Just now, pgmetcalf said:

I know let's just fold the club then huh? It's obvious that's what some people are desperate for

Here we go again. Chansiri is not Wednesday.

People who question his competence and motives - and some have been at least sceptical since Day One - have the club's interests at heart just as much as those who think he can do no wrong. 

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Does he know what he's doing? I fuckinghopeso 

Here we go again. Chansiri is not Wednesday.

People who question his competence and motives - and some have been at least sceptical since Day One - have the club's interests at heart just as much as those who think he can do no wrong. 

Do they now?

I think some of the stick DC is getting is unwarranted. I accept he has made mistakes and of late more mistakes seem to be highlighted but genuinely believe he is trying to do the right things, but not always getting it right. 

At the end of the day, he is the one who put his money where nobody else would, we have seen unprecedented investment in the club and are a work in progress. 

6 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

I know let's just fold the club then huh? It's obvious that's what some people are desperate for

Are you finlux cup / big rons soverigen ? I'm convinced you are all the same person . Incapable of sensible debate and respond with stupid comments .... nobody wants the club to fold, they want it to succeed on and off the field ... it's doing neither right now 

2 minutes ago, striker said:

I think some of the stick DC is getting is unwarranted. I accept he has made mistakes and of late more mistakes seem to be highlighted but genuinely believe he is trying to do the right things, but not always getting it right. 

At the end of the day, he is the one who put his money where nobody else would, we have seen unprecedented investment in the club and are a work in progress

That's a word I'd possibly take issue with.

Guest BULGARIA
14 hours ago, SwintOwl said:

Let's be honest , Part from new scoreboard and new pitch he has not made one good decision. Changing the kit was bad enough but to constantly rip the fans off even after holding these steering groups is absolutely criminal.

It's his club now, he doesn't care about anyone of us, just wants to try and squeeze every penny out of us. Let him do what he wants, but he certainly cannot run a football club . 

cant argue with that.