Does Chansiri actually have a clue what he's doing?

As soon as we decided to pay up the millions and therefore sign hardly anyone else of note, I knew it was a huge mistake that would cost us long term. Rhodes wasn't the same player last year for us, he wasn't the same for Middlesborough so I wasn't keen on him coming for the money required. We saw he wasn't the same last year, bottling the penalty was unforgivable- and yet we still paid the money over the summer!

That money should have been spend on 4-5 quality players to improve the squad throughout! If there was no way to back out of the deal then it was a brainless deal in the first place. Either way Chansiri is hugely at fault for wasting all those transfer funds on one man.

Failing to properly strengthen the defense over the summer was unforgivable and is showing itself now. Joost is still young and not battlehardened in this league and should not be relied on, nor Loovens who is past it.

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

same here...at the end of the season

Yep - Palace beat Chelsea so these things happen.

I'm relatively sanguine about what goes on on the pitch. I'm an optimistic pessimist - things will probably turn out bobbar but so what? I'll follow Wednesday whatever - although I don't like shelling out £500 plus a year to get bored at games. 

It's the bigger picture about how the club is being run that has always bothered me.  And there are legitimate questions to ask about that. 

3 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Yep - Palace beat Chelsea so these things happen.

I'm relatively sanguine about what goes on on the pitch. I'm an optimistic pessimist - things will probably turn out bobbar but so what? I'll follow Wednesday whatever - although I don't like shelling out £500 plus a year to get bored at games. 

It's the bigger picture about how the club is being run that has always bothered me.  And there are legitimate questions to ask about that. 

I know it's old fashioned unsurprisingly, but I always judge each season when it's finished...I remember Watford and Palace going up when they've been in the bottom five in December

Let's not turn this into a witch hunt though DC has made mistakes most have been made with good intentions, yes he knows little about football and some of the business decisions are baffling but he genuinely wants us to do well and progress and has spent millions to try to achieve that.

any suggestions he is ripping us off are wide of the mark what we are putting in is being more than matched by what he is putting in, if he was selling players off right left and centre and not replacing them then we could accuse him of it but he isn't, guilty of bad decisions yes guilty of negligence no. He needs proper football men on board wether that's for football matters or business matters 

2 hours ago, jamiejohn said:

Let's not turn this into a witch hunt though DC has made mistakes most have been made with good intentions, yes he knows little about football and some of the business decisions are baffling but he genuinely wants us to do well and progress and has spent millions to try to achieve that.

any suggestions he is ripping us off are wide of the mark what we are putting in is being more than matched by what he is putting in, if he was selling players off right left and centre and not replacing them then we could accuse him of it but he isn't, guilty of bad decisions yes guilty of negligence no. He needs proper football men on board wether that's for football matters or business matters 

If we fall foul of FFP he is guilty of negligence. 

2 hours ago, jamiejohn said:

Good post.

Carlos simply has to go now 

We've failed to get promoted in the first two seasons, which was the aim 

And now we are midtable, we've lost in the first round of the cup, been humiliated by pigs at home, our worst result at home to them in history, and apart from Crewe we are the only team to lose to Bolton, and we've done it twice 

The longer Chansiri doesn't pull the plug the more we should worry that he actually is just happy owning a club with his name on, and that talk of promotion is just a speech to keep fans onside. 

I dont normally advocate fans booing or chanting during matches but unless a clear message gets to Chansiri I worry where this season is going

Based on the fact Carlos still has a job, I would say no he doesn't know what he is doing. How can he think his investment is going in the right direction watching that? Or even if he doesn't watch it, just seeing the results. Any footballing man knows we are under achieving massively and know that Carlos is the man at fault, so any chairman with a knowledge would have pulled the trigger by now

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

Carlos simply has to go now 

We've failed to get promoted in the first two seasons, which was the aim 

And now we are midtable, we've lost in the first round of the cup, been humiliated by pigs at home, our worst result at home to them in history, and apart from Crewe we are the only team to lose to Bolton, and we've done it twice 

The longer Chansiri doesn't pull the plug the more we should worry that he actually is just happy owning a club with his name on, and that talk of promotion is just a speech to keep fans onside. 

I dont normally advocate fans booing or chanting during matches but unless a clear message gets to Chansiri I worry where this season is going

I think opposite to that. Think all DC is focused on is to get promotion and rest of what a club is about is irrelevant. Think just wants to be Chairmen of a Premier League club for ego purposes. Not that he is a bad person or anything just getting to Premier league is the only real thing that matters.

7 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I think opposite to that. Think all DC is focused on is to get promotion and rest of what a club is about is irrelevant. Think just wants to be Chairmen of a Premier League club for ego purposes. Not that he is a bad person or anything just getting to Premier league is the only real thing that matters.

Well that isn't going to happen with Carlos. Not in a million years. But this is why he needs a proper football person advising him- because right now he is weeing money down the drain. 

58 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Well that isn't going to happen with Carlos. Not in a million years. But this is why he needs a proper football person advising him- because right now he is weeing money down the drain. 

DC needs to get on the phone to MM, he would have sacked CC straight after the Hudders fiasco. He knew when the club needed change DC is very naive in proper football matters.

It's weird isn it, I mean for instance look at the recruitment and there are signings that should have worked but haven't, think Abdi and Rhodes and signings that make you scratch your head, think Jones and Boyd.

The McGugan thing was bizarre as was the Lachman thing and then we loan 2 wingers and barely play them. This season we leave it incredibly late to sign a enough CB's and still haven't seen Vernancio play.

It all reeks of ineptitude and naivety. 

Perhaps breaking up the committee too soon was an error, perhaps not having an experienced advisor for a few seasons was an error or a scouting set up that targeted genuine quality and youth with sell on ability.

When you see teams that spend a fraction of what we have up near the top and previous to that Huddersfield who get promoted it feels worse than having no money and just hoping to survive because the perceived barriers are gone and we still can't do it.

The next appointment is absolutely huge but more than anything he needs to have a bigger influence on the team than just picking the side. DC needs to swallow his pride and not appoint a yes man. There are bigger fish to fry.

No issues with DC - he's pumped in a lot of money and cash we've not seen for years .. out of this world figures!

My issues are with the way the cash has been splurged on ineffective transfers resulting in a bloated squad of individuals, spent in areas off the pitch that we haven't seen much in terms of return and the lack of footballing knowledge and a cutthroat personality trait ..

nows the time for him to take action, personally, for the good of the club otherwise all the hard work over the past couple of years will be nothing as we amble on to yet another lacklustre playoff charge where we'll probably capitulate in the semi's or not even get there!!

I think DC is getting a rough ride. The committee idea was a bad one and it was rectified.

Half the managers people want wouldn’t work with a committee. 

He appointed CC and funded improvements to the team. Many owners try this and do not achieve two playoff near misses.

His tinkering with the kit, badge and failing to deliver a new kit is bad, but in the context of the wider success I can give him the benefit of the doubt. I don’t agree with the pricing but it is only an issue if the team isn’t up there.

He has to make the right decision now though as we are at a crossroads. Whoever is chosen needs to be allowed to manage recruitment