Does Chansiri actually have a clue what he's doing?

Let's be honest , Part from new scoreboard and new pitch he has not made one good decision. Changing the kit was bad enough but to constantly rip the fans off even after holding these steering groups is absolutely criminal.

It's his club now, he doesn't care about anyone of us, just wants to try and squeeze every penny out of us. Let him do what he wants, but he certainly cannot run a football club . 

He isn't clueless as he has managed to avoid any FFP sanctions but that's about it . The notion that throwing money at it clearly isn't working he needs a top notch CEO and let him run the club,appoint the right people improve income get the club moving on all fronts 

the fact we pay players between 1.5 and 2.5 million a year means we should be able to pay a top executive the same DC can still have his input it's his money afterall but he needs help and expertise especially when it comes to football appointments especially a new manager 

1 hour ago, shez owl said:

As far as football business goes he doesn’t have a clue. It’s why he had his committee, the moment that went we were heading for this shambles 

He needs a hardened football CEO in the stadium every working day and a hardened manager who knows this league and ‘british’ football

We had one, a good one at that. I've been with him today.....he'd never left a club in anything other than a great place....West Ham, Leicester

Very worrying actually ....

14 minutes ago, SwintOwl said:

Let's be honest , Part from new scoreboard and new pitch he has not made one good decision. Changing the kit was bad enough but to constantly rip the fans off even after holding these steering groups is absolutely criminal.

It's his club now, he doesn't care about anyone of us, just wants to try and squeeze every penny out of us. Let him do what he wants, but he certainly cannot run a football club . 

I think the fanbase will turn on DC in the near future and he'll bail. His replacement will probably be worse than him.

3 hours ago, jamiejohn said:

He isn't clueless as he has managed to avoid any FFP sanctions but that's about it . The notion that throwing money at it clearly isn't working he needs a top notch CEO and let him run the club,appoint the right people improve income get the club moving on all fronts 

the fact we pay players between 1.5 and 2.5 million a year means we should be able to pay a top executive the same DC can still have his input it's his money afterall but he needs help and expertise especially when it comes to football appointments especially a new manager 

I don't think he has avoided FFP. I thought it was on a running three year cycle, so by the end of this season I think we'll see if he has been clever in our finances over the last three seasons.

I think we're in for a shock. 

Not bothered if he’s put millions in or not . Fact of the matter is , a truly woeful manager is stealing a living . Not pulling the trigger is as dreadful a decision as the mit debacle, the disgusting ticket prices and leaving the executive boxes stood doing nothing .

not saying the bloke doesn’t have good intentions , but he’s failing at running a football club big time 

6 hours ago, Almat said:

A gold star to anyone who can give me a link to confirm he is an incredibly wealthy, successful businessman...

I've put that on here previously and got slated.

I can find nothing on him. His dad and brother(s), yes. But not a lot on him.

I'm certain he's playing with daddy's pocket money.

7 hours ago, Almat said:

A gold star to anyone who can give me a link to confirm he is an incredibly wealthy, successful businessman...

It is my least favourite myth that Mr Chansiri is a "successful businessman".

Sure, he's clearly wealthy and has thrown a huge amount of money at the football club, but as far as I can work out, he's done this with family money and with a complete disregard for a proper business strategy.

He may as well be Paris Hilton.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Almat said:

I have thought this for a while. Obviously a very, very wealthy bloke but think it comes more from his family then any business acumen he has.

Not saying he is a bad bloke and worse owners about at places like Blackpool and Blackburn but still a lot of cause for concern both on and off the pitch at the moment.

25 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I have thought this for a while. Obviously a very, very wealthy bloke but think it comes more from his family then any business acumen he has.

Not saying he is a bad bloke and worse owners about at places like Blackpool and Blackburn but still a lot of cause for concern both on and off the pitch at the moment.

Only difference in all honesty I can see with our club and Blackburns, their owners deal in chickens, ours tuna.  Look whats happened to that club. Ive no doubt DC is a nicer person that the chicken growers, but nice doesnt make you successful.

It's worrying to say the very least.

I've already said elsewhere that I believe that we've seen nothing yet in terms of how bad the situation actually is.

I live in Hucknall so obviously I meet plenty of Forest fans and the similarities of what we're now seeing at Hillsborough and what happened under the Fawaz Al Hasawi regime are striking.

The only real difference is that Chansiri is the polar opposite when it comes to loyalty given to the manager.

Personally, I think Chansiri has ran out of ideas and is now painting by numbers, the problem being the numbers are in the wrong places.

I was laughed at in August when I said that of the Sheffield clubs, the one who'd get back in the Premier League first wouldn't be us.

It doesn't seem so silly now does it..?

9 hours ago, poite said:

It's a genuine question.

When you look at it, what has he actually done with the club other than spend money? Don't get me wrong, nobody, myself included, is complaining that a chairman has spent money but everything else has been a mess.

If I had millions of pounds I know I could be capable of buying a new pitch, a new scoreboard and a list of players.

But commercially and operationally we are shambolic. Probably the worst I have known. 

Does he actually know what he's doing when it comes to running a football club? 

I know it's a sin to say anything negative about DC on here so I have my tin hat on ready.

Do any chairmen?  They tend to be business people these days not football people. All they do is act on information given to them. If they're given bumf information through people below them trying to protect their jobs (protectionism) then their job becomes extremely difficult.

12 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

Only difference in all honesty I can see with our club and Blackburns, their owners deal in chickens, ours tuna.  Look whats happened to that club. Ive no doubt DC is a nicer person that the chicken growers, but nice doesnt make you successful.

I think the first myth that you should deal with is the TUF and tuna one. In fact Dejphon Chansiri has no direct influence on TUF save for the same influence that thousands of other minor shareholders do, namely he holds stock. Dejphon's father and brother hold senior roles on the TUF PLC Board. It may be worth pondering why Dejphon has been excluded from doing so. Maybe it was through personal choice but curious it certainly is.

Secondly, successful businessmen do occasionally invest in football clubs. It is usually as some kind of sideline, hobby horse, ego trip or vanity project but they do not usually devote so much time and energy to do it. If Dejphon Chansiri is such a successful business man, how does he get so much time to spend on what would amount to a tertiary investment?

1 minute ago, pgmetcalf said:

Do any chairmen?  They tend to be business people these days not football people. All they do is act on information given to them. If they're given bumf information through people below them trying to protect their jobs (protectionism) then their job becomes extremely difficult.

And that might be the case but other chairmen seem to have guidance and advice from some one or people. DC doesn't seem to have anyone around him that gives him this.

Obviously I have no idea exactly who is there and doing what but it does look like he dictates an awful lot of what does happen

9 hours ago, BRADDO said:

No, DC clearly doesn't know what he's doing and he is culpable in our current failures both on and off the pitch. I believe a light needs shining on him as much as Carlos tbh. My view is that the first season under Carlos is the best it will ever be under DCs reign. Just my opinion.

This, but I believe he's been badly advised