If you pay on the day, stay away.

22 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

We have a stubborn chairman. If you want him to act, hit him in the pocket.

He may be stubborn fair enough, but you really want fans to boycott games even though the guy has spent millions on players ?.... he's not exactly DA is he ?....

Bizarre

41 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

That's the attitude you have to take when watching us away. In the 20 years of so I have been watching us on and off in away games the only prolonged time of going with any confidence of a result was in the Sturrock promotion season. 

No matter how goo, bad or indifferent we have been I've become accustomed to seeing us get beat on our travels. It is dire to watch us under the negative tactics at the moment because we should be capable of much better with the players we have. Preston was a complete non event for us. At the moment at least I don't think it can be labelled as a lack of effort on the part of the players, which would be unacceptable and has happened in the past, it is more that they are being very badly coached tactically and the approach is what makes it hard to watch.

It was the same team as Leeds and in the first half we couldn't string two passes together...that's got f*** all to do with bad coaching or tactics...in the second half we were at it presumably because CC gave then what for at half time and got a leader on the pitch...we created numerous chances and Rhodes could have had three and had a stone wall penalty not given...if we had started the first half like the second we would have been out of sight...that's down to the players and I think it was no co-incidence that when Sam came on we were bang at it

4 minutes ago, steveger said:

He may be stubborn fair enough, but you really want fans to boycott games even though the guy has spent millions on players ?.... he's not exactly DA is he ?....

Bizarre

We have had the two highest season ticket sales ever and have had nearly 30,000 at games...and yet apparently there's 10,000 people on here who are boycotting games  lol 

Edited by daveyboy66

Just now, daveyboy66 said:

We have had the two highest season ticket sales ever and have had nearly 30,000 at games...and yet apparently there's 10,000 people on here who are boycotting games  lol 

No ones boycotting games mate, some people live in fantasy land :biggrin:

I don't boycott i just cant be arsed, fell out with watching football..

2 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

You judge the size of a club by the number of its boycotters. Surely you knew that?

We’re by far the greatest team, that some of us have never seen, and it’s Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield Wdnesday FC

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, steveger said:

No ones boycotting games mate, some people live in fantasy land :biggrin:

I don't boycott i just cant be arsed, fell out with watching football..

I know mate and what's worse the boycotters are now not buying the new shirts lol 

1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

I know mate and what's worse the boycotters are now not buying the new shirts lol 

no worries it'll dawn on DC  soon that he could knock these out to Ipswich save them some dosh on next years kit 

I understand that doris in laundry has got the job of unpicking our badge on them all  she's been offered a plaque or a box her choice  

30 minutes ago, vulva said:

Hardly. Just trying to make the point that things aren't that bad, compared to previous years. 

We are suffering from a combination of poor performance, expectation and Sheffield United. 

For me it's all about United being in this league that makes me feel sick and angry. Could just see us written in the stars we would lose yesterday...after ten mins we were one nill down...I laughed....then saw ipswich on top at United and we were getting on top with chance after chance....then we were two down and then my phone flashed roger off basham had scored....everything is linked to them for me....I can see it now that idiot on look north saying mind the gap before our game against hull is going to haunt us and united will be in the premier league before us argggggggggggghhhhhh

1 minute ago, owls_wawaw said:

For me it's all about United being in this league that makes me feel sick and angry. Could just see us written in the stars we would lose yesterday...after ten mins we were one nill down...I laughed....then saw ipswich on top at United and we were getting on top with chance after chance....then we were two down and then my phone flashed roger off basham had scored....everything is linked to them for me....I can see it now that idiot on look north saying mind the gap before our game against hull is going to haunt us and united will be in the premier league before us argggggggggggghhhhhh

You sound just like a blunt...more bothered about them than us...grow a pair ffs

• Haha 1

Be interesting to see season ticket sales if we end up midtable

Plus not many will fall for the "more attack minded" spin again 

And if prices go up again 

FFS Wednesday it's our anniversary year, sort it out whilst there's still time, and hope 

2 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

It was the same team as Leeds and in the first half we couldn't string two passes together...that's got f*** all to do with bad coaching or tactics...in the second half we were at it presumably because CC gave then what for at half time and got a leader on the pitch...we created numerous chances and Rhodes could have had three and had a stone wall penalty not given...if we had started the first half like the second we would have been out of sight...that's down to the players and I think it was no co-incidence that when Sam came on we were bang at it

We were only 1 down at half-time, we came out and went 2-0 down and Madine should have made it 3. All this against a team that had previously failed to score in 8, haven't scored 2 since the opening week and the only other team they have beaten this season besides us twice is Crewe.

We played well and deserved to beat Leeds but prior to that we lost to another team that had failed to win since the opening week and could not keep a clean sheet at all.

We have some of the best attacking options in the Championship but in our 12 games we have failed to score more than 1 on 8 occasions. We have conceded the first goal 7 times. 

We are better against sides that play open football but when the onus is on us to do the attacking we are slow and predictable. 

Please don't tell me our poor performances, particularly our awful first half displays are not down to poor tactics that don't get the most out of the options we have available. 

23 hours ago, coopswfc76 said:

Turn up and get behind the lands then at end of game if we have been poor like today just turn your backs and head to the exit no applause if they don't deserve but no abusing players as I'm certain they haven't meant to play bobbar.

Supporters are there to support not just support in the good times ffs.

If only we were all emotionless droids. 

1 minute ago, coopswfc76 said:

I'd prefer you all to that than the bell ends flagging them of and calling players flaps etc.

No idea what part of anybodys tiny brain will think that might help the situation?

Don't know but the money spent by a lot of fans is the first way that they are helping the club anyway. Then when you get served up with that yesterday, and it's nowhere near the first time, then you can see the reaction even from level headed fans. Everyone has their breaking point, look across the 5000 yesterday and I'd say a lot more are fed up than aren't. I think people are going to start doing things a lot more damaging than giving the players a bit of stick. They might stop going which will hinder our promotion push. 

On 10/14/2017 at 17:54, StockyBoy said:

I don’t have a ST because I work away so I won’t be going until he’s gone especially at those prices I could have another holiday with how much I’d save.

My passion for the team is dwindling every time they play like this and it’s ruining my Saturdays.

But if we turn it around and get to Wembley you`ll want a ticket, cos you have been going for years..

Through good times and bad. Wouldn't  be much of a holiday , and wouldn't put a cheap holiday ahead of Wednesday , but thats just me.

11 hours ago, Andoverowl said:

DC needs a CEO who knows the football business and a proper football manager NOT a puppet head coach. 

Agreed , if I had one criticism of DC, is we dont appear to have the right football people from DC down to coaching staff, commercial etc to position us as a well run club.

It seems to me he is pumping cash in, and its getting wasted. We need better structure to achieve our aims.

Serious questions over Doyen sports and their influence for me.