If you pay on the day, stay away.

14 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

We have a stubborn chairman. If you want him to act, hit him in the pocket.

Look anyone has the right to go or stay away from matches but it is a bit naive to think this will hit the Chairman "in the pocket".

He is already putting the maximum allowed under FFP into the club (and more when you consider spending on non qualifying items).

Therefore to balance the FFP books with reduced revenue from supporters would inevitably result in selling top players. 

7 hours ago, the monk said:

What good times were they èxactly?

Mind the gap season and the last 2 have been pretty good if you think about it.

Also assume over last 2 seasons we must have attracted a lot of new fans when you consider how many have apparently been priced out of going.

15 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Last season did me in , not renewed, not been . not bothered about going . 

Listened to the full game on Follow and nearly smashed my phone in . 

Propper angrymad 

I've heard this from a few lifelong fans  and if it comes from people like Hugeowl  things are bad

3 hours ago, Triple O said:

Look anyone has the right to go or stay away from matches but it is a bit naive to think this will hit the Chairman "in the pocket".

He is already putting the maximum allowed under FFP into the club (and more when you consider spending on non qualifying items).

Therefore to balance the FFP books with reduced revenue from supporters would inevitably result in selling top players. 

So you think he'd sell a top player rather than oust Carlos? That ushers in a race to the bottom. Any chairman who falls foul of the fan base is courting disaster. Especially at those prices...

24 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

So you think he'd sell a top player rather than oust Carlos? That ushers in a race to the bottom. Any chairman who falls foul of the fan base is courting disaster. Especially at those prices...

You miss the point.

He already bankrolls the club and would do more financially if the rules allowed. Any reduced income, when we are already close to the limits, would need balancing. Only one way to do that!

17 hours ago, owls_wawaw said:

Got to go currys and buy a new hoover tomorrow mate completely smashed mine to bits seeing us two nill down

quite a few of us at game yesterday could have fallen down several rows cause its that steep at macron stadium we were all so angry in fact ive not seen anger like that for years ,I don't think any of us what go enjoy getting so upset at the way things are knowing a manager and a lot of the players are stealing a wage. all the fun and optimism has gone no singing in pubs before game little or no singing at game.

20 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Last season did me in , not renewed, not been . not bothered about going . 

Listened to the full game on Follow and nearly smashed my phone in . 

Propper angrymad 

19 hours ago, hugeowl said:

I might have been positive  but the football was / is fecking dire 

I said in a thread after the season had finished I was done , just got better things to do with my time . 

5 hours ago, vulva said:

If you miss Wednesday matches for financial, family reasons etc, them that's fair enough. I've absolutely no problem with that and understand the financial issues. 

But if you throw your toys out of the pram with a comment like 'I've got better things to do', then you can't really be classed as a genuine supporter. That's just plain glassback stuff, and quite pathetic. 

Its bad at the minute, but when comparing it to the eras of Yorath, Turner etc, it's like watching the Puskas Hungary team of '53. 

Indeed, costs or family commitments are fair enough but there is a reason it's called support. It's easy being a fairweather fan and turning up when things are going well but if you simply 'aren't bothered' about supporting us at the moment then it's hardly being a supporter is it?

We all go wanting to see us win and perform well but if we all threw the towel in when that didn't happen we wouldn't have much of a club to support at all.

4 hours ago, steelowl said:

I've heard this from a few lifelong fans  and if it comes from people like Hugeowl  things are bad

If lifelong fans who have sat through era like the 70's or Dave Allen's tenure and 4 seasons in division 3 in the past 15 years, 2 of them finishing in the bottom half, have chose now to say they have had enough then I don't know what to say.

Have only paid for one game this season v QPR

Had the loan of a mate’s season ticket for the others and was on hols for Pigs & Leeds

Nothing I’ve seen encourages me to fork out c £40 in the near future and as a foundation member I’ll wait for the £20 games which is about what the entertainment is worth at the moment

6 hours ago, vulva said:

If you miss Wednesday matches for financial, family reasons etc, them that's fair enough. I've absolutely no problem with that and understand the financial issues. 

But if you throw your toys out of the pram with a comment like 'I've got better things to do', then you can't really be classed as a genuine supporter. That's just plain glassback stuff, and quite pathetic. 

Its bad at the minute, but when comparing it to the eras of Yorath, Turner etc, it's like watching the Puskas Hungary team of '53. 

why does everything have to compare to the bad past?  Its like saying i've got piles and someone coming along saying could be worse you could have had cancer.

14 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Indeed, costs or family commitments are fair enough but there is a reason it's called support. It's easy being a fairweather fan and turning up when things are going well but if you simply 'aren't bothered' about supporting us at the moment then it's hardly being a supporter is it?

We all go wanting to see us win and perform well but if we all threw the towel in when that didn't happen we wouldn't have much of a club to support at all.

But it's not about being a fair weather fan at all. I turned out when we had a poor side and poor results. This is about forcing the chairman into making a managerial change, in the hope of rescuing the season. It's not about throwing in the towel because results are not down to us. Orientals don't like losing face. This situation is looking like a chairman who won't sack his manager as that would be an admission of being in error.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

If lifelong fans who have sat through era like the 70's or Dave Allen's tenure and 4 seasons in division 3 in the past 15 years, 2 of them finishing in the bottom half, have chose now to say they have had enough then I don't know what to say.

one word: hope, expectation and cost 

ok 4 words :biggrin:

when i watched them just survive going into the 4th div most people could afford to go if they wanted - you hoped they'd do well

Since the mid 90s we wanted craved for investment, it took the brink of extinction to knock shareholders' heads together and start again under MM

now after nearly selling us to a rabid bankrupt, he sold us to DC who in his wisdom has spent 70m is it?

we are now being asked to pay the most expensive potd seats in the division and despite 2 previous failed playoff appearances we are playing sh*te  people dont want to pay through to nose to watch it when you could watch paint dry 

Just now, Athelwulf said:

But it's not about being a fair weather fan at all. I turned out when we had a poor side and poor results. This is about forcing the chairman into making a managerial change, in the hope of rescuing the season. It's not about throwing in the towel because results are not down to us. Orientals don't like losing face. This situation is looking like a chairman who won't sack his manager as that would be an admission of being in error.

The Chairman won't make a managerial decision based on pay on the day fans not turning up. How many how pay on the day fans are we averaging other than the recent big home games, around a couple of thousand?

10 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Shut up then

lol

17 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Always said people will only accept higher prices, no stripes etc if the team is doing well.

In a nut shell. 

That awful bruised banana kit looks worse than usual when Bolton andb Birmingham are beating you in it. 

When results turn all the other decisions start to grate. 

1 minute ago, Athelwulf said:

He got rid of Gray in a heartbeat prematurely imo

but you're right generally he really doesn't like backing down in fact he won't even in the face of the obvious

20 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

We have a stubborn chairman. If you want him to act, hit him in the pocket.

If I could plus 50 you I could. Cannot believe the negs you've got. They obviously haven't seen what I did at Preston and Bolton yesterday.