If you pay on the day, stay away.

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Fair points, but the happy clapper remark is cheap. It's a long season, and we have had a bad start in the last 2 don't forget. 

I just don't think the football is as bad as people are making out. We are suffering from a severe dose of expectation. We were poor, both on the pitch and financially 5 years ago, and when DC came in fans expected us to steamroller it. 

The first 2 seasons gave us a taster, and I think some fans expected us to kick on and just waltz to promotion. What wasn't factored in was the amount of batshit crazy Chinese and Russian money.

In real terms, when comparing ourselves financially to the rest of the league, we are probably no higher in the financial muscle league table than we were when Milan was here. 

Well I will give you the first season but last season was dire and if we had not gone on that 6 game run towards the end we might not have finished in the play offs and when we did we allowed a team of loan players and cheap imports etc beat us on our own patch with a full house, tell me when that last happened ? 

The batshit money you talk about is only relevant if there is no FFP or ways round it so if we are up to the limit then we are financially as strong as the other clubs , only relegated clubs will have an advantage but that has always been the case . 

We have gone stale football wise and when that happens players can give you all the platitudes in the world regarding performances but it does not cut the mustard if they don't produce .

I would never encourage anyone not to attend games but for me personally at the moment I would rather play golf or walk my dogs .

2 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Incidentally, how many matches do you attend per season? 

It means nowt....

"How many games have you attended?" ..bloody rubbish

Why in the name of fookery has anyone who doesn't go, not have a valid opinion....?

The highlights are on, the stats are on...opinions are no longer the bloody remit of fans like meself that watch it live..I watch it live..shout "offside" when it patently isn't when I watch it back

Those days are gone...

Nor can you simply slate Owls fans for not going..Its not simply because they cannot be ars*d..Its because they cannot afford it...and that mate..is a totallly different kettle of Tuna...

Disenfranchised from watching the club, and we compound it by taking away their right to an opinion?

5 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

It means nowt....

"How many games have you attended?" ..bloody rubbish

Why in the name of fookery has anyone who doesn't go, not have a valid opinion....?

The highlights are on, the stats are on...opinions are no longer the bloody remit of fans like meself that watch it live..I watch it live..shout "offside" when it patently isn't when I watch it back

Those days are gone...

Nor can you simply slate Owls fans for not going..Its not simply because they cannot be ars*d..Its because they cannot afford it...and that mate..is a totallly different kettle of Tuna...

Disenfranchised from watching the club, and we compound it by taking away their right to an opinion?

Because he said he was sick of paying to watch poo. If it's 1or 2 games then it's hardly a miss.

I'm a ST and attendee of the majority of away games and I want Carlos to stay, a 3/4 game fan who wants him out, irritates me tbh.

3 minutes ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

Because he said he was sick of paying to watch poo. If it's 1or 2 games then it's hardly a miss.

I'm a ST and attendee of the majority of away games and I want Carlos to stay, a 3/4 game fan who wants him out, irritates me tbh.

Doesn't matter a f.ook Ron...I could get a season ticket for me 3 yrs old grandson...doesn't validate him sitting there dribblin'

2 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Got to be in the right mindset to watch Wednesday, 

Ive treated the whole f.ookin' thing like a circus since '69.

Does no-one else have that masochistic ..."FFS!" half laughable thing when they balls it up?

It comes from having no choice, and it doesn't go away if you do...It can happen in the ground, in the car, in the living room...I much prefer it in the ground cos of the convivial nature of the combined melancholy.

Admittedly at todays prices it hurts more, because you expect more, but following this lot is hardly ever going to change unless the whole of football does

Roll on the day

Its that attitude that keeps all clubs going through the bad times the fans who turn up no matter what rubbish is served up but look at teams like Portsmouth Coventry Wimbledon us the football club is the place you let all the crap you have had through the week and let it all out and if the football is good its the icing on the cake and if it isn't there's always owlstalk

I could not urge anyone to boycott Wednesday as it will impact finances and this is key to long term success. I would urge individuals to be vocal at the game if what is served up is below what could be reasonably expected. All fans know we have made a poor start to season and there has been few signs which give us hope. If form does not improve change will undoubtedly follow. Just hope that whatever does will be for benefit of club and we move forward.