Sheffield Wednesday Steering Group - Post your concerns

8 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

If this is what it’s all about, he should sit in the cheap seats (are there any left?), have a beer and a pie, wear his shirt (when they arrive), bounce, sing, then go home, listen to praise and grumble, put his feet up with a beer, and plug into Owls Talk.

Can someone suggest this to him at the Steering Group meeting please? Ta

:ph34r:

9 minutes ago, Grandad said:

They really didn't

Quite right they didn't, and I hang my head in shame that I defended the board back then, and thought wednesdayite were a bunch of shitstirrers. How wrong was I.

9 minutes ago, Grandad said:

They really didn't

All the Owls I know did, and I know a fair few. Then again I don't go in the Barrack Tavern and I know I differ in opinion from most that frequent said establishment. I used to work there though and it's still full of the same fans group types.

Just now, theowlsman said:

I had a letter of the week published in the Green Un absolutely ripping into Mr Allen at the time, but didn’t get sued.

He probably couldn’t be bothered to queue 50 mins for the Green Un in the papershop after the game

One of the most recent world tragedies was the Green Un stopping print.

I still haven't recovered. 

The way I see it is previous steering groups have uplifted fans, given reassurance, and general good feeling about the direction the club is going in and future aspirations. 

The club really haven't had to worry about "on the field" issues, because let's be fair... it's a far far far better position than we were in 7 years ago. They know that. The fans know that. This means it can be avoided at steering groups because that side of business will take longer to perfect and it's getting there. Compare it to watching Jay Bothroyd or Nile Ranger pulling on a shirt . Yes it's not always ideal signing £10million players to sit on the bench, or £5 million defensive wingers who haven't lived up to the hype until recently, but I'd sure rather be in this postion we are, as opposed to that in than july 2010 when HMRC nearly shut us down. 

The only worry now is, the club has stepped backwards in many regards off the field. I remember when I used to be in awe walking into the "Megastore". I'd run upstairs and look at the new bedding, hassle my dad for a new clock for the wall, raid the "sale bin" to get some cheap socks from last year, rush to the counter to buy some sheffield Wednesday sweets, then beg him to buy one of the Car licence plates On the wall (which he never would).

Then more recently on matchdays I used to use the bars/kiosks on the kop before the match and even at half time I'd try for a beer or two. Now, I sit in my seat, because the bars On the kop may have been "extended" but it's the same four tills with 4-6 staff for all tills.

Yes, I'm not going to be "in awe" as I once was, but I find it difficult to see the attraction when everything off the field is run so poor. I know it'll never put me off, but the little things are what create the amazing experience of what we all love.

This is why it's essential to get these right, and I've a feeling the club will be in for the most intense steering group meeting they've held in a long time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Deleted member
8 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

All the Owls I know did, and I know a fair few. Then again I don't go in the Barrack Tavern and I know I differ in opinion from most that frequent said establishment. I used to work there though and it's still full of the same fans group types.

Fair play to you and your mates.

I don't go in the Barrack Tavern either

I’m genuinely amused people think the club actually pay any attention to the “steering group”.

Can’t we actually call the group what the club really think it is? Perhaps the “moaning group” or the “get it off your chest group” even?

Big lols.

So apparantly we have a hierachial structure in regards to representation.

Business owning Sheffield Wednesday supporters - they're the slightly better ones it seems and ruffle the hair of the...

...Sheffield Wednesday supporters - oooooh remember when Palmer got that hat-trick!? Oh and stripes.

No thanks.

3 minutes ago, Will69 said:

I’m genuinely amused people think the club actually pay any attention to the “steering group”.

Can’t we actually call the group what the club really think it is? Perhaps the “moaning group” or the “get it off your chest group” even?

Big lols.

Bang on the money. Just like our Carlos.:carlos:

25 minutes ago, Will69 said:

Big lols.

Seeing as the chairman set it up, why bother if they go in with the intention of not paying any attention, surely in that case DC would send one of him minions rather than sitting there himself facing sometimes hostile questioning.

31 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I'd like to ask what has been implemented following suggestions by the steering group in the last 2 years

Exactly.