Sheffield Wednesday Steering Group - Post your concerns

2 minutes ago, Will69 said:

Claus von Stauffenberg did that at meetings and look where that got him.

He should have just bided his time & waited a year or so for things to take their course!

Anyway, I am sure that for all the deriding of the steering groups, there will be plenty of interest on here next week in terms of wanting to know what is being discussed whereas the majority of those actually at the meeting probably couldn't give a flying one about what is being discussed on here (apart from the chairman who doesn't like it when you are being negative). 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

(apart from the chairman who doesn't like it when you are being negative). 

He doesn’t like negativity? He hasn’t seen our tactics then?

36 minutes ago, kelliesleftnut said:

@hirstyboywonder

I'm assuming you attend these meetings, how many would you guess are in attendance ?

I have missed a couple due to work/family & being away. At the first couple there were only around 30 or so but numbers have swelled in more recent ones where is has been possible to bring  friend and seemingly a friend of a friend!

They are going back to a smaller group for the next one.

10 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I have missed a couple due to work/family & being away. At the first couple there were only around 30 or so but numbers have swelled in more recent ones where is has been possible to bring  friend and seemingly a friend of a friend!

They are going back to a smaller group for the next one.

Two dozen or so fans.

Well, that's the definitive "fans" opinion sorted then.

Lovely stuff.

:duntmatter:

22 minutes ago, F. Spiksley said:

Two dozen or so fans.

Lovely stuff.

Shhhh...

They are the ‘voice of the fans’ don’t you know. And they DO get taken notice of.

3 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

You do know he had to set one up, right? Its an EFL directive, every 3 months one has to be held. 

He isn't being friendly, he's just doing what he's told.

You do know this directive has only come in recently and DC instigated this group shortly after he became chairman.

36 minutes ago, F. Spiksley said:

Two dozen or so fans.

Lovely stuff.

The original group was advertised for by the club and took a representation from each of the home areas of the ground, various forums & websites and different supporters groups. The idea was the these people talk to the people around them in their stands, our on their forums and in the supporters groups and bring the main discussion points to the meetings. What do you expect, a room full on hundreds each addressing the chairman? 

The wider fan base have been given the opportunity to put forward what they want individually in an open Q&A.

17 minutes ago, Will69 said:

Shhhh...

They are the ‘voice of the fans’ don’t you know. And they DO get taken notice of.

Has anyone ever taken any notice of you outside this forum?

The original group was advertised for by the club and took a representation from each of the home areas of the ground, various forums & websites and different supporters groups. The idea was the these people talk to the people around them in their stands, our on their forums and in the supporters groups and bring the main discussion points to the meetings. What do you expect, a room full on hundreds each addressing the chairman? 

The wider fan base have been given the opportunity to put forward what they want individually in an open Q&A.

Remind me again, what has been changed, implemented or novated as a direct result of this group that you clearly state is a condensed fanbase opinion vehicle?

4 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

You do know this directive has only come in recently and DC instigated this group shortly after he became chairman.

Take no notice mate. I have a few questions, may have been asked previously i'm not 100% sure.

Where does DC see his relationship with SWFC in 10 years time? Does that relationship depend on promotion to the Premier League? At what point will he consider he's had enough if we don't achieve the promotion? Would he ever leave and leave us up sh--'s creek without a paddle so to speak? Would at least put his answers down as public record.

The important part for me is the continuation of the club, but what's important for me is more than likely not as important to him.

1 minute ago, F. Spiksley said:

Remind me again, what has been changed, implemented or novated as a direct result of this group that you clearly state is a condensed fanbase opinion vehicle?

As has previously been said read through the numerous threads that have followed the meetings if your that bothered and if not, don't waste your time worrying about it.

As has previously been said read through the numerous threads that have followed the meetings if your that bothered and if not, don't waste your time worrying about it.

Legitimate question. Give an example please, of anything significant.

8 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Has anyone ever taken any notice of you outside this forum?

I am on a stage full of actors every day, playing to the masses.

Just now, Will69 said:

I am on a stage full of actors every day, playing to the masses.

All the world may well be a stage but it sounds like you are overstating your part!

6 minutes ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

Take no notice mate. I have a few questions, may have been asked previously i'm not 100% sure.

Where does DC see his relationship with SWFC in 10 years time? Does that relationship depend on promotion to the Premier League? At what point will he consider he's had enough if we don't achieve the promotion? Would he ever leave and leave us up sh--'s creek without a paddle so to speak? Would at least put his answers down as public record.

The important part for me is the continuation of the club, but what's important for me is more than likely not as important to him.

If only @Grandad‘s request to have minutes taken had been implemented we would all know that he intends to pass the club to his son.