Sheffield Wednesday Steering Group - Post your concerns

50 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I'd like to ask what has been implemented following suggestions by the steering group in the last 2 years

I'd like to ask what has been implemented by those who constantly have a go at the steering group on here and also raise many genuine concerns of their own on here but do nothing about it themselves?

Who is wasting the most time, those attending the steering group and at least trying to discuss matters with the club or those who just raise matters on an online forum time after time?

Read back though some of the previous steering group threads if you want to know anything that has happened as a result of the meetings, unless you were just being facetious. For what it's worth I don't think the group will be a cause the any major change under the current regime as the Chairman is very set in his way on significant matters but some smaller things have happened - some things which have changed as a result have not been for the better as well.

Fans will only ever be able to effect major change if there is a movement towards needing to oust the regime for any reason or if they have significant shares in the club. As neither of these are present for us at the moment then its only paying lip service to the big issues that he won't budge on but some minor issues that matter to some can be addressed.

Guest Deleted member
1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I'd like to ask what has been implemented by those who constantly have a go at the steering group on here and also raise many genuine concerns of their own on here but do nothing about it themselves?

Who is wasting the most time, those attending the steering group and at least trying to discuss matters with the club or those who just raise matters on an online forum time after time?

Read back though some of the previous steering group threads if you want to know anything that has happened as a result of the meetings, unless you were just being facetious. For what it's worth I don't think the group will be a cause the any major change under the current regime as the Chairman is very set in his way on significant matters but some smaller things have happened - some things which have changed as a result have not been for the better as well.

Fans will only ever be able to effect major change if there is a movement towards needing to oust the regime for any reason or if they have significant shares in the club. As neither of these are present for us at the moment then its only paying lip service to the big issues that he won't budge on but some minor issues that matter to some can be addressed.

Mine was a genuine question

Do you know how many pages each Steering group thread runs to? Should I have to read through hundreds of pages of people moaning about stripes to find out what was implemented?

It should be something that is shouted about by the steering group of they have effected positive change that benefits club and fans surely? Stop being defensive

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Mine was a genuine question

Do you know how many pages each Steering group thread runs to? Should I have to read through hundreds of pages of people moaning about stripes to find out what was implemented?

It should be something that is shouted about by the steering group of they have effected positive change that benefits club and fans surely? Stop being defensive

No, I put it to the club after the first meeting that having some form of minutes and main topics of discussion drawn up for attendees with a summary on the website of main matters discussed & addressed then fans would see a benefit of this and it would also minimise future meetings continually going over old ground. 

Guest Deleted member
11 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

No, I put it to the club after the first meeting that having some form of minutes and main topics of discussion drawn up for attendees with a summary on the website of main matters discussed & addressed then fans would see a benefit of this and it would also minimise future meetings continually going over old ground. 

That sounds perfect and incredibly easy to do. 

Has it been implemented?

9 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Has it been implemented?

I could guess the answer 

Still, if we can get promoted this season, everyone will be happy, no moaning, every concern forgotten about, and there will be no more Steering Groups.

Edited by theowlsman

Has it been implemented?

Clearly not, my voice is just not being heard. 

1 hour ago, toppOwl said:

Seeing as the chairman set it up, why bother if they go in with the intention of not paying any attention, surely in that case DC would send one of him minions rather than sitting there himself facing sometimes hostile questioning.

You do know he had to set one up, right? Its an EFL directive, every 3 months one has to be held. 

He isn't being friendly, he's just doing what he's told.

Guest Deleted member
15 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Clearly not, my voice is just not being heard. 

Could you speak up a bit?

lol

Guest Deleted member
14 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

You do know he had to set one up, right? Its an EFL directive, every 3 months one has to be held. 

I hear this argument a lot

In fairness to Mr Chansiri there is nothing in theEFL directive that says the club chairman has to attend

Could you speak up a bit?

lol

I could try but it's hard to be heard above the many voices squabbling over matters that were covered in detail the last time around.....

27 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

11 minutes ago, Grandad said:

I hear this argument a lot

In fairness to Mr Chansiri there is nothing in theEFL directive that says the club chairman has to attend

Indeed, there are a fair few chairman in the EFL now who rarely set foot in this country never mind meet with fans. There may be plenty of things he has done that we don't agree with but don't try and accuse him of not being hands on or just being seen to be hands on to tick a box. 

Guest Deleted member
6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I could try but it's hard to be heard above the many voices squabbling over matters that were covered in detail the last time around.....

They should publish minu... Oh wait

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I can answer this one...

The ones most wasting their time are the weirdos who genuinely think that our billionaire business tycoon owner, who lives on the other side of the world, who has taken away our badge, our actual shade of blue, our stripes, rebranded the stadium in his own name, promised a friendly with Barcelona or Real Madrid type club for our 150th anniversary then gave us Rangers (or nobody, depending how you view it), who promised a fan his winning kit design would be on sale and worn by the club but into October we haven’t even seen a prototype, who managed to make such a massive clusterfûck of our kit manufacturing that we don’t even have any kit for sale months into the season actually gives two fûcks what some self appointed ‘voice of the fans’ from a semi-detached in Yorkshire really thinks.

Now, fans who want to meet our owner, have a bit of a chin wag and see behind the scenes because they have nowt better to do, they are making good use of their time.

And if you’re really keen you can use the opportunity to pop into the megastore and buy the new shiiii... shît.

20 minutes ago, Will69 said:

I can answer this one...

The ones most wasting their time are the weirdos who genuinely think that our billionaire business tycoon owner, who lives on the other side of the world, who has taken away our badge, our actual shade of blue, our stripes, rebranded the stadium in his own name, promised a friendly with Barcelona or Real Madrid type club for our 150th anniversary then gave us Rangers (or nobody, depending how you view it), who promised a fan his winning kit design would be on sale and worn by the club but into October we haven’t even seen a prototype, who managed to make such a massive clusterfûck of our kit manufacturing that we don’t even have any kit for sale months into the season actually gives two fûcks what some self appointed ‘voice of the fans’ from a semi-detached in Yorkshire really thinks.

Now, fans who want to meet our owner, have a bit of a chin wag and see behind the scenes because they have nowt better to do, they are making good use of their time.

And if you’re really keen you can use the opportunity to pop into the megastore and buy the new shiiii... shît.

Still not sure they or wasting more time than you are, with an average of around 16 posts a day, every day for nearly 2 years. You've got a few plus points though so there has been some merit in your time spent.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Still not sure they or wasting more time than you are, with an average of around 16 posts a day, every day for nearly 2 years. You've got a few plus points though so there has been some merit in your time spent.

Do you even Owlstalk bro?