Sheffield Wednesday Steering Group - Post your concerns

1 minute ago, F. Spiksley said:

Butting in here, but Is it intending to be a "Steering Group" perhaps?

steering committee
noun
noun: steering group
  1. a committee that decides on the priorities or order of business of an organization and manages the general course of its operations.

No, try again.

So as a result of a couple of hours of steering meetings early on in 2016 some notional multi season ticketing options have arisen as a result, arguably. 

But even these are just lost now in the diluted ticketing options that are available and in effect "robbing Peter to pay Paul" as a financial strategy. Or cynically a cash advance for DC to navigate FFP

Edited by F. Spiksley

1 minute ago, F. Spiksley said:

You get my sentiment though surely?

No not at all, DC has given an opportunity for fans to have their say and get answers on the MATCH DAY EXPERIENCE (make a note of that) the club is going through a bad time commercially and he and his cohorts could have stayed in the shadows but no he hosts a coffee morning instead.

35 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

So angry. Switch the internet off for a bit, it's clearly winding you up. Get some sleep, nighty night.

Sorry for the delay, I was doing a poo.

You do realise I’m not being serious, don’t you?

You know, like the owner when he asks fans to tell him how to run the club.

22 minutes ago, F. Spiksley said:

Why call it a steering group.

Better off calling it DC's Coffee Morning.

IMHO

I prefer my earlier rebranding to the “moaning club”.

9 hours ago, toppOwl said:

No not at all, DC has given an opportunity for fans to have their say and get answers on the MATCH DAY EXPERIENCE (make a note of that) the club is going through a bad time commercially and he and his cohorts could have stayed in the shadows but no he hosts a coffee morning instead.

So not a steering group. A token engagement exercise.

Fans have their say (DC will make a note of that).

DC will give fans answers on their MATCH DAY EXPERIENCE, fans attending will then be fully clued up.

A week or so later DC will completely change everything for the MATCH DAY EXPERIENCE based on what the fans have raised in the Q&A session.

Everyone lives happily ever after and walks away with a free scarf, has a lovely MATCH DAY EXPERIENCE.

Hurrah!

Guest The Horse

I'd like to know what the current and future plans are to increase non-matchday revenue.
Our stadium takes up a massive space on a main road into Sheffield yet aside for a few hours out of 23 days out of the 365 in the year it sits in total silence and looks derelict; bar a few functions in dated rooms that you have to search for rather than know about.
Could the club make more use of the land, promote it's functions better or does the chairman see the future of Sheffield Wednesday in a different area and sees updating the current set-up as a waste of money if a move away is his ultimate goal in this regard?

22 hours ago, theowlsman said:

I have no faith in the Steering Committee. 

Can we have a formal arrangement in place with a bona fide Supporters Group please. Supporters represented by Sheffield Wednesday supporting businessmen who not only understand the key issues, but also possess business acumen, are knowledgeable in business etiquette, and eloquent enough to get salient points across without making themselves look daft.

I respectfully suggest that anything bunged in an Owls Talk thread would be better sent to an email address of a bona fide, formal, supporters group who have proper, formal, regular meetings with the club’s Executives subject to pre-determined meeting agendas, minute taking, and properly published actions / outcomes / resolutions.

Waiting for Fred to come back with his notes, and commenting on the free scran, or hearing about the gobshite who wouldn’t shut up, don’t do it for me.

lolnever been, prefer to navel gaze myself it has a similar impact to the steering group!!!!

Given that the 2017 kit is seemingly not going to be available till 2018 does that mean we are likely to be stuck with it for an extended period into next season? 

Has it been an almighty balls up or a cunning ploy to extend the stripeless imagery into our brains over a prolonged period?

If you could print lots of these up and stick them all around the place to help start our own counter movement of  subliminal Derren Brown style mind washing on the Chairman , that would be great.

9vhbDWx.jpg