Sheffield Wednesday Steering Group - Post your concerns

1 minute ago, TommyCraig said:

I think this is being done as a box ticking exercise. Pointless in my opinion. The hard word will always come from the terraces. That's the true voice. Fans groups are usually full of the self important who say they speak for the many but really it's their own views they put across. For instance, the club is well aware of the majority of fans views surrounding the kit and shop through old and modern mediums, ie. word of mouth and internet forums etc. Is there really a need for another bloke to stand up and start bleating about it. 

I totally disagree, why would the chairman of a football club put himself out of an evening to sit and speak to fans if it was just box ticking, the modern mediums you speak of are full of the views of the eternally brainless who'd have a manager sacked after every defeat. There has been many a heated exchange at these meetings.

1 minute ago, toppOwl said:

I totally disagree, why would the chairman of a football club put himself out of an evening to sit and speak to fans if it was just box ticking, the modern mediums you speak of are full of the views of the eternally brainless who'd have a manager sacked after every defeat. There has been many a heated exchange at these meetings.

Will you be representing the views of just a selected few, or the “eternally brainless” too? 

I remain in the Carlos In camp but just because someone else may have a different opinion, it doesn’t make them “eternally brainless”. These are the people you will be representing when you attend the Steering Committee. Avoid love-ins with Mr C and remain focused on pushing supporter concerns and you won’t go far wrong

Just a thought.

1 minute ago, theowlsman said:

Will you be representing the views of just a selected few, or the “eternally brainless” too? 

I remain in the Carlos In camp but just because someone else may have a different opinion, it doesn’t make them “eternally brainless”. These are the people you will be representing when you attend the Steering Committee. Avoid love-ins with Mr C and remain focused on pushing supporter concerns and you won’t go far wrong

Just a thought.

Theres many a reasoned Owls fan on social media but unfortunatly the majority are rabid overreactors - the type who were screaming for Hooper and Fletcher both to be drummed out of the club this time last season.

Some attendees of the steering group are long term Owls who follow the team home and away and know their stuff.

18 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Only way to get the stripes back is to boycott any home shirts that don't have stripes.

All turn up in your retro striped shirts every home game. Any of those that caved in and got the new shirt would be outnumbered by the striped brigade. I realise it's hard to do this if you have kids that want the new shirt but we are the consumer, people power and all that.

Citizen Smith :tango:

6 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Just a thought.

Maybe we have the concept of the steering group all wrong. Remember how we used to sit with our fathers for an hour or so and just talk Wednesday ? Maybe this is a regular chance for DC to jus sit and chat with a few Owls fans and Learn; Just as we did with our Dads.

15 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

I see you are going. What do you personally hope to achieve? Do you think you can ask a question that has not been asked and answered before? Can you plant the seed in Mr Chansiri's mind that will finally convince him it's stripes or bust? 

Just now, TommyCraig said:

I see you are going. What do you personally hope to achieve? Do you think you can ask a question that has not been asked and answered before? Can you plant the seed in Mr Chansiri's mind that will finally convince him it's stripes or bust? 

He owns the club, he doesn't like stripes, he's paid £150m for that priveledge.

Guest Deleted member
1 hour ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

DC set out his blueprint; Help from our fans who could most afford it would mean more from DC. I think a good few of those 'Bona Fide' Businessmen gave their answer. "Boxes at knock down prices" !  

The businessmen you refer to have been helping out our club through some of its darkest days by pumping money in hand over fist, providing their products and services to the club often at less than cost price, waiting for payment often well in excess of 120 days (even though they were making a loss on their supply), while also committing to long term hospitality and sponsorship deals. They aren't the money grabbing ogres you depict from your Utopian view of the club. They've also helped to keep us afloat - much like the fans who are also paying hand over fist to help the club (and did so through the darkest days too).

All they required was not to be ripped off for hospitality rates often well in excess of Premier League clubs - which is the case now.

46 minutes ago, Dronowl66 said:

If my memory serves me right the fans groups in the recent past have contributed to the darkest days in our history , we do not need to go back to that ever , thankfully the days of the self serving ego maniacs chastening the board every time they sneezed are behind us 

Carry on Mr Chansiri I'm enjoying my football thanks 

33 minutes ago, Dronowl66 said:

To be clear my comment was never aimed as Mrs Nettleship, the ones after that should hold there head in shame 

The ego maniacs were those sitting on the clubs board, the ones taking decisions that saw the club losing money hand over fist and spiralling down the leagues. When we were relegated our debt was £13m - it ended up at £30m plus, we finished with the 2nd worst league position in our history, fans were sued for daring to bring the mess of our club into the public eye, and nothing more. Nobody said anything illegal, nobody said anything defamatory, and as far as I know of all the cases brought not one was taken to its conclusion because the ego maniacs didnt have a case. Meantime idiots like you sat around and did nothing other than abuse those prepared to raise their heads above the parapet and say 'THIS IS WRONG, AND ITS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY OR ITS FANS'... 

YOU should be hanging your head in shame, not any of those who did more for this club at great personal expense than you have ever done, both financially and in the impacts it had on their personal lives and health.

Just now, Grandad said:

The businessmen you refer to have been helping out our club through some of its darkest days by pumping money in hand over fist, providing their products and services to the club often at less than cost price, waiting for payment often well in excess of 120 days (even though they were making a loss on their supply), while also committing to long term hospitality and sponsorship deals. They aren't the money grabbing ogres you depict from your Utopian view of the club. They've also helped to keep us afloat - much like the fans who are also paying hand over fist to help the club (and did so through the darkest days too).

All they required was not to be ripped off for hospitality rates often well in excess of Premier League clubs - which is the case now.

The ego maniacs were those sitting on the clubs board, the ones taking decisions that saw the club losing money hand over fist and spiralling down the leagues. When we were relegated our debt was £13m - it ended up at £30m plus, we finished with the 2nd worst league position in our history, fans were sued for daring to bring the mess of our club into the public eye, and nothing more. Nobody said anything illegal, nobody said anything defamatory, and as far as I know of all the cases brought not one was taken to its conclusion because the ego maniacs didnt have a case. Meantime idiots like you sat around and did nothing other than abuse those prepared to raise their heads above the parapet and say 'THIS IS WRONG, AND ITS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY OR ITS FANS'... 

YOU should be hanging your head in shame, not any of those who did more for this club at great personal expense than you have ever done, both financially and in the impacts it had on their personal lives and health.

Like the majority of the tripe you post you are a) wrong b) misinformed and c) have no idea who I am or what I do or don't know , as for the great personal expense bit you reap what you sow the fact you've been trying to defend and mitigate it ever since is of no concern to anyone else 

Guest Deleted member
11 minutes ago, Dronowl66 said:

Like the majority of the tripe you post you are a) wrong b) misinformed and c) have no idea who I am or what I do or don't know , as for the great personal expense bit you reap what you sow the fact you've been trying to defend and mitigate it ever since is of no concern to anyone else 

Go on then

Enlighten us

It seems 23 K to 25 K is our core support.

He has to get this up to 30 K every home game for a number 

of reasons, but while I ever have a hole in my nether regions it will not

happen unless he reduces ticket prices.

Also ... as regular partaker and guzzler of the old poy cheeps und groivee and Mr Smiths,

I can't face the crappy burnt pasties and chickin bits and bobs.

OLD PIES AND STRIPES BACK PLEASE MR C.

Guest Deleted member
1 minute ago, Dronowl66 said:

Not that needy sweet cheeks 

So just another keyboard warrior hiding behind anonymity

As I thought

Enjoy your football x

3 hours ago, Emilianenko said:

Why are all the designated representatives for the steering group Happy Clappers?

The negative fans on here find it too difficult to make the trip in from Leeds, else have scheduling conflicts with the team events they attend at Bramall Lane.

33 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Maybe we have the concept of the steering group all wrong. Remember how we used to sit with our fathers for an hour or so and just talk Wednesday ? Maybe this is a regular chance for DC to jus sit and chat with a few Owls fans and Learn; Just as we did with our Dads.

If this is what it’s all about, he should sit in the cheap seats (are there any left?), have a beer and a pie, wear his shirt (when they arrive), bounce, sing, then go home, listen to praise and grumble, put his feet up with a beer, and plug into Owls Talk.

23 minutes ago, Grandad said:

But ALL of the fans said 'it's wrong and not good enough for Sheffield Wednesday' at that time. It came from the terraces, you know it did. No fans group heroes rescued my club, we were all in it together. He should hang his head in shame? Get a grip man.

Guest Deleted member
3 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

But ALL of the fans said 'it's wrong and not good enough for Sheffield Wednesday' at that time. It came from the terraces, you know it did. No fans group heroes rescued my club, we were all in it together. He should hang his head in shame? Get a grip man.

They really didn't