Carlos "We have the power and the quality"

I'm not convinced we do have much quality, we struggle with set pieces, first half displays are at times like watching paint dry. We just seem to have given a bunch of average players very lucrative contracts that we can hardly afford. Our only decent young player (Hirst) cannot get a sniff, but is good enough for England.

Going to be a long season.

17 minutes ago, EXCALIBUR said:

i think he wanted to go in the summer but for some reason he stayed,we wanted a performance against brum and we didnt get it after his rant.honest opinion i think the players have had enough and want him gone too.

What, if anything, is there to support this ridiculous suggestion I keep seeing pop up here?

The players asked him to stay.

We're ten games in and midtable, and I'm pretty sure we're actually ahead of where we were this time last year.

If anything, it's the exact opposite - Carlos was unsure, and the players said their piece and that they wanted him.

46 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

What, if anything, is there to support this ridiculous suggestion I keep seeing pop up here?

The players asked him to stay.

We're ten games in and midtable, and I'm pretty sure we're actually ahead of where we were this time last year.

If anything, it's the exact opposite - Carlos was unsure, and the players said their piece and that they wanted him.

That may well be true, but when you lose the fans - or a majority of them - then it's all up.

I can't see Carlos surviving another embarrassing derby defeat, not on the back of everything else.

After what happened in the semis, we really needed a top start to banish the hangover, but it hasn't occurred.

Maybe the players thought that there'd be different recruitment or a different style played this season, but nothing has changed.

The bell's tolling.

Edited by Athelwulf
spelling

50 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

That may well be true, but when you lose the fans - or a majority of them - then it's all up.

I can't see Carlos surviving another embarrassing derby defeat, not on the back of everything else.

After what happened in the semis, we really needed a top start to banish the hangover, but it hasn't occurred.

Maybe the players thought that there'd be different recruitment or a different style played this season, but nothing has changed.

The bell's tolling.

I don't dispute that a fair number of fans on here have turned against him at all - but I do take umbrage with the projection onto the players, which is nothing but pure conjecture that is completely at odds with the actions of the players.

2 hours ago, Indoor Owl said:

I don't dispute that a fair number of fans on here have turned against him at all - but I do take umbrage with the projection onto the players, which is nothing but pure conjecture that is completely at odds with the actions of the players.

I'd say it's the actions of the players on the pitch which betrays their true feelings. Ye gods, Sunday was appalling.

But the point I was really trying to make is that if a manager loses the fans, then that's that. Especially at those prices.

8 hours ago, samowl said:

Quality. I'll agree with. Power he's having a laugh. A midfield with Wallace Bannan Lee and Reach. Do me a  favour 

That midfield 4 haven't played this season.

The last times it was played were the wins v Ipswich and Derby. 

It has a better record than any other midfield four, except Wallace Jones Bannan Reach.