Brian Laws

vulva

I think it's now time for a change, and the situation reminds me very much of Laws departure. Think we'd lost 3-0 at Leicester, and we all,knew it was the end. Both great blokes, and both did, and have done a very good job. Re Carlos, we were so sodding close, and that makes it harder. 

I said a while back it was a head and heart thing with CC. After the Huddersfield match I'd have sacked him, however as the summer went on I thought it was the right decision to give it one more year. It's his squad, and by all accounts the players wanted him to stay. Looking back, maybe that's the issue. Maybe Carlos is too nice, and the players too comfortable.

We needed a flyer, and better recruitment. We've had neither, and to give ourselves any chance this year, we need a change. Now. 

Who we get, anyone's guess. I worry about who is helping (if anyone) DC with football decisions. This process could be a car crash. Someone like Howard Wilkinson needs to step up to the plate, if possible, in some kind of advisory capacity. 

Personally I think we need a change in direction. A 'method' manager, proven at this level. I'd like to see Mick McCarthy with better players and a bigger budget, and we could be that option. I do think there was some mileage in that Pardew story in the summer, and it would not surprise me at all if he is DC's number one choice. 

My choice, which will be controversial, would be Roy Keane. Proven at this level, and people forget the job he did at Sundeland. No nonsense approach, which is exactly what this squad needs, right now, and has spent the last 3 years learning his trade under O'Neill. I like the bloke. He's a winner, and has something to prove. 

Guest Copthorneowl

Roy Keane has only ever had a poor relationship with players he's managed and in the end even his team mates at Man U wanted him gone. Toxic attitude to all and sundry he manages by fear no good anymore; would clear out most of the squad fall out with the owner and leaves us worse off than he found us imo..

20 minutes ago, vulva said:

I think it's now time for a change, and the situation reminds me very much of Laws departure. Think we'd lost 3-0 at Leicester, and we all,knew it was the end. Both great blokes, and both did, and have done a very good job. Re Carlos, we were so sodding close, and that makes it harder. 

I said a while back it was a head and heart thing with CC. After the Huddersfield match I'd have sacked him, however as the summer went on I thought it was the right decision to give it one more year. It's his squad, and by all accounts the players wanted him to stay. Looking back, maybe that's the issue. Maybe Carlos is too nice, and the players too comfortable.

We needed a flyer, and better recruitment. We've had neither, and to give ourselves any chance this year, we need a change. Now. 

Who we get, anyone's guess. I worry about who is helping (if anyone) DC with football decisions. This process could be a car crash. Someone like Howard Wilkinson needs to step up to the plate, if possible, in some kind of advisory capacity. 

Personally I think we need a change in direction. A 'method' manager, proven at this level. I'd like to see Mick McCarthy with better players and a bigger budget, and we could be that option. I do think there was some mileage in that Pardew story in the summer, and it would not surprise me at all if he is DC's number one choice. 

My choice, which will be controversial, would be Roy Keane. Proven at this level, and people forget the job he did at Sundeland. No nonsense approach, which is exactly what this squad needs, right now, and has spent the last 3 years learning his trade under O'Neill. I like the bloke. He's a winner, and has something to prove. 

FOXTROT OSCAR LAD

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, vulva said:

No way would Keane put up with Chansiri popping into the training ground and dressing room.

It will be another character that blows smoke up DC's backside that gets the job (if he's had enough of Carlos doing it) 

1 minute ago, Copthorneowl said:

Roy Keane has only ever had a poor relationship with players he's managed and in the end even his team mates at Man U wanted him gone. Toxic attitude to all and sundry he manages by fear no good anymore; would clear out most of the squad fall out with the owner and leaves us worse off than he found us imo..

Disagree. I know a couple of players that have played under him, and they speak very highly. 

And don't fall for the media hype. A lot of what he says is for effect. 

In his first season at Sunderland he took over when they were bottom 3, and they ended up winning it. He will have learnt an awful lot under O'Neill, who is also no mug, and would have taken Keane to Villa or Eire if he wasn't up to it. 

I agree with this.

Regarding Carlos, I reckon Milan would have made a change by now (last season in fact). I personally don't think the dressing room has been happy for sometime... not  as it used to be. Everything from the shirts to with recruitment debacle (feel sorry for Winall... he could have played his part) and we have the poor performances. 

I like Carlos, he's had some great times with us.... but all organisations need fresh ideas to progress and re-energise and in this case fresh leadership is certainly overdue.