George Hirst

5 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Carlos doesn't handle contracts.

He does handle squad selection.

The second youth player liking something to do with David Brooks. Shows how disconnected the youth set up is with the first team set up. C.C. won’t play youth and they know it. You need to give your young players a chance to push the senior players.

Edited by Stevelknievel

He also retweeted a video of Tim Sherwood the other day having a (very good) rant about young players not being given chances for their clubs. 

This isn't a new thing but it is very obvious. 

Did Brooks ever go out on loan or was he shown some faith by the coaches at his own club? 

I agree we should give youth a chance, but Brooks and Hirst are different players and that was evident from the Toulon tournament. Hirst was tapping in Brooks crosses and through balls, penalties.

Nothing wrong with that, but I think suggesting a spell on loan is/was the right thing for his development rather than being a bit part player here at the moment. If he moved elsewhere where does he think he is going to be? On loan.

This boils down to money. I don't agree with freezing him out if he doesn't want to stay as that is cutting off our nose to spite our face. But his development plan was a positive one.