Team for brum

As much as I want almost the entire XI to be dropped after the worst defensive performance I have ever seen by us at home, i don't think its going to happen.

Westwood

Palmer

Lees

Venacio

Pudil

Matias

Butterfield

Lee

Reach

Hooper

Joao

Van Anken needs to understand he can't play like that in a game and get away scot free, especially a derby...he was absolutely awful, likewise Lees but i can't drop them both and he gets a pass (sort of) as i've never seen him play that bad before. I hope Venacio has some leader like qualities to organise that back 4 because when Loovens isn't there at times they look totally lost.

Hunt has been solid this season but needs a rest he looked knackered 60minutes in and finally ball again was dire, give Palmer a run of games i'm sure he's desperate to prove himself.

Jones was a disaster, not sure why he was so terrible today as he's been good last few games but Hutchinson would have never performed like that, we need him back for Leeds.

The worrying thing is now Wallace's form has dropped off we basically have no threat from at all from wider areas, Reach is well errr Reach, Matias has disappeared again and FF/Boyd are long term injured, scary. 

Joao has earned his start, only player along with Hooper to be pleased with how they performed today, please dear god let this be his time as it really is last chance saloon for him. Hate to break up the duo but Fletcher is looking too laboured and less threatening....Rhodes will get his fair share of chances as the season progresses.

Dawson

Nuhiu Hutch 

Hirst.                              Fox

Rhodes

Hooper.                        Fletcher

Bullen

John Pearson         Joao

Edited by s6 owl

Old school.

Fuckit.

Reach        Fletcher     Rhodes     Hooper    Wallace

Bannan        Jones      Lee

Van Aken       Lees

Wearwod

4 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Old school.

Fuckit.

Reach        Fletcher     Rhodes     Hooper    Wallace

Bannan        Jones      Lee

Van Aken       Lees

Wearwod

Swap Westwood with Wearwod and you've nailed it pal

We have finally found a strike partnership that scores goals, and some posters want to split it up after one game.

A game in which we scored two goals too.

Lots of fair opinion about where the blame lies, but it's not the Hooper-Fletcher partnership.

12 hours ago, Stoop said:

The same team needs to be given the chance to put this right and get it out of their system 

This. We as fans can do all the weeping and gnashing of teeth we like. However, the side that failed so miserably yesterday knowing how much it meant to us have to get this out of their system and quickly. They owe themselves and us a performance. 

It's happened, but we have to move on, otherwise the season could implode. The boys have to put this right including the manager. It starts on Wednesday night. 

Guest RocketOwl
1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

We have finally found a strike partnership that scores goals, and some posters want to split it up after one game.

A game in which we scored two goals too.

Lots of fair opinion about where the blame lies, but it's not the Hooper-Fletcher partnership.

I think everyone rates this partnership - however we are also aware Fletcher is carrying a knock, so whilst Joao is knocking heavily on the door, may be worth giving him a start.

We need some pace upfront so Bannan, Wallace etc have an out ball.

Edited by RocketOwl

I may be in the minority but I don't think Hooper/Fletcher is a great partnership at all. 

Not denying theres a little bit of chemistry and Hooper will score a few, but it's more about the things we lack when those 2 play together. It's always been the same. No pace, nothing in behind and everything is infront of defenders, which is exactly what they want. 

Pigs wouldnt have won that game as they did if they had our strike force. They would have taken all the impetus out of their counters by coming short, rather than running onto balls like Clarke/Brooks.

We can't ever do that with Hooper/Fletcher. They slow us down. But I'm not blaming them, I'm putting that on Carlos. Imo you should never play a game without a striker with at least a bit of pace who can latch on to balls into channels and in behind.

If everything is infront of defenders you'll never score many. 

13 hours ago, vulva said:

At this moment in time I actually couldn't give a shiite. I'd be quite happy for them to make their own way, in old cars, with crap sandwiches and out of date crisps for food. 

Put all the squad names in hat, pull out enough for a team, send them out and tell them to spread out. 

This team has got some serious performances to put in, and quickly, to make up for that utter debacle today. 

I'm with you on this one

couldn't care less.