The Wilder Factor

People keep saying how Wilder knows what this game means and it will help them win -- versus Carlos -- in terms of getting his players motivated.

I personally think this may work against him/them. He will get a bunch of players, without experience, overly 'worked up' for this fixture and they simple may not handle the pressure.

Think Brazil vs Germany, in the world cup semi, when it ended 1-7.

I think Carlos is handling it correctly, keep the players calm like Germany always are -- like Big Ron did for the League Cup final -- and let them perform to their potential.

The minimum expectation for any manager in league 1 was promotion. No surprise they managed that.

A good start to the season but I honestly think he knows after this game the deflation will start and they will struggle. 

Not just saying it but they have a weak squad for this division.

Carlos knows we need cool heads when everyone around them is losing theirs. 

Edited by Lees Tom Cat

Really don't get this Wilder thing, he's got a bunch of average players carrying on the momentum from last season with a bit of chav bravado, any game this season where opponents have turned up they quality they've lost. This perception that they have a fantastic team spirit and Heeley pashun to carry them through is hogwash, tell me Westwood, Hunt, Lees, Lee, Bannan, Wallace, Hooper, Fletcher etc don't give it their all, they do but they do it with added skill and talent.

If they win/draw we'll never hear the last of it, if they lose they go into little man syndrome mode and say its cos we spent £10mill on a striker (then add that he refused to take a penalty).

7 hours ago, waynecoyne14 said:

whatever you think of him you have to admit he is a good manager

he has achieved a lot with little financial backing

I would imagine most managers gaining promotion from the pub league have had less financial backing than Wilder!

11 minutes ago, pioowl said:

I would imagine most managers gaining promotion from the pub league have had less financial backing than Wilder!

This. Took the biggest team in the poorest division for a long time up. Momentum has carried them this far. Tomorrow will be wilder she day of reckoning. Let's see how he does eh?

Edited by Plonk

9 hours ago, waynecoyne14 said:

whatever you think of him you have to admit he is a good manager

he has achieved a lot with little financial backing

He beat Scunthorpe, Millwall, Fleetwood and Bradford to automatic promotion from League One. I wouldn't exactly call that a 'a lot'.

I'll be glad when tomorrow comes, so the talking can be done on the pitch. The waffle coming out of S2 this week has reached levels I've never seen before

Remember, it's the empty can that rattles the most

Edited by Stoop

1 minute ago, Stoop said:

I'll be glad when tomorrow comes, so the talking can be done on the pitch. The waffle coming out of S2 this week has reached levels I've never seen before

Remember, it's the empty can that rattles the most

i like that lol