north west corner

1 hour ago, A12owl said:

Did anybody have seats at Wembley in the back few rows?

If that isn't steep then I don't know what is. Needed oxygen to get there and many suffered nose bleeds due to the height.WTF:

Never been in the top tier of new Wembley. bottom tier twice and i reckon they aren't steep enough.

Rovrums new ground is probably the steepest ive seen, luckily they only have about 10 rows which makes it not so bad, but if this is the real reason why we cant use the corner, i reckon toytown stadium should be closed with immediate effect!

rules is rules & both grounds come under the same jurisdiction you would have thought.

Guest We Shall Overcome
3 hours ago, handworth52 said:

don't need to sell it anymore  ,we have hundreds of tickets left in lower west 200plus left on kop and quite a few left on grandstand if this game cant sell out there is no way north west corner will ever be needed.

Games will sell out when the team is successful, its not live on sky,and you don't have to pay nearly £50 for 2nd division football 'Outrageous'.

1 hour ago, A12owl said:

Did anybody have seats at Wembley in the back few rows?

If that isn't steep then I don't know what is. Needed oxygen to get there and many suffered nose bleeds due to the height.WTF:

Or St. James park, Newcastle. Mountaineering.

5 hours ago, handworth52 said:

don't need to sell it anymore  ,we have hundreds of tickets left in lower west 200plus left on kop and quite a few left on grandstand if this game cant sell out there is no way north west corner will ever be needed.

There were 6 seats left in the Grandstand the last time I looked.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

Stood on there LOADS of times,never fell off once lol

I've stood on ladders for hours on end at times bur now if it's over 2 meters that your working for a period over 15 mins it  magically transforms from a ladder to a working platform and I have to wear a harness and be roped off anchor point incase I fall off, the wonders of the British HSE .

18 minutes ago, Owl999 said:

I've stood on ladders for hours on end at times bur now if it's over 2 meters that your working for a period over 15 mins it  magically transforms from a ladder to a working platform and I have to wear a harness and be roped off anchor point incase I fall off, the wonders of the British HSE .

Three points of contact ....

In this case one on a barrier one on your brew and your foot resting on a blunts head promble solved .....lol

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST

1 hour ago, Owl999 said:

Shh! keep quiet about the harness, SAG will have us all wearing em a with hi-viz  WTF:

• Haha 2

When i was a nipper my dad took me to all the games and the NW corner was our usual place to stand. I didn't realise the bugg3r was risking my life and limb and now I realise how lucky I am to be alive.

Thank heavens there is plenty of room for my f00ked knees where I sit on the North......

• Haha 1

Watched my first ever Wednesday match from the NW corner. West Ham 1986 won 2-0. Sadly the only time I've ever been in there but always looks a great view of the stadium when they use it on TV. 

Wasnt the corner originally 2 'tiers' with it following the west stand around the corner? Was made into a single tier when seats went in if I remember correctly. 

I'd like to see us do something similar to Ibrox with about 10 rows of seats in line with upper west stand and north stand roof support with screen, corporate boxes and TV studios rising above to roof height. However in the long term I can see whatever plans there are for west stand to incorporate development of the NW corner. 

12 hours ago, daztheowl said:

Think SAG need a trip to the. Bernabeu. 

1714255054_a4b0d61aaa_o.jpg

Looks like a ride at Alton Towers WTF:

Didnt find Wembley upper tier overly steep in playoff final (presume we're not talking about bar prices), but remember feeling a bit uneasy first ten mins or so at Millennium Stadium for the Hartlepool final back in the day. Soon got used to it though, think it was just the first one of those newer-style stadiums I'd been to.

19 hours ago, Cowle70 said:

There were 6 seats left in the Grandstand the last time I looked.

there was quite a few more than that left even 5 mins ago , I think quite a few are been returned been hardly any seats sold past 5 days maybe 300 or so , you would think we would sell tickets quicker if u23s where playing ,been very slow sales this wk.