Honest opinion on the derby

This is probably the most calm I have been about a derby fixture.  Yeah, yeah, 'form goes out the window', 'it's not won on paper', etc.  Well, I think that's mostly complete balls. 

We're playing well, we have a better team, they've been found out against 'better opposition'....as long as we start well, we'll be fine.  

40 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

This is probably the most calm I have been about a derby fixture.  Yeah, yeah, 'form goes out the window', 'it's not won on paper', etc.  Well, I think that's mostly complete balls. 

We're playing well, we have a better team, they've been found out against 'better opposition'....as long as we start well, we'll be fine.  

Yes mate I agree. Normally I'm really nervous before a Derby but I'm actually looking forward to this.

They all say they are a wonderful attacking footballing side. If that's the case come and show us chaps because hardly any away team comes to play attacking style (Brentford were an exception) at Hillsborough. If they do, they should be swept aside like Arsenal and Newcastle

1 hour ago, Suzuki_San said:

Don't agree with this they've been found out by better opposition, only Cardiff have beat them well, all the other games the have either won or have been close games, your only kidding yourselves with that sort of ignorance.

You never know in football I suspect a close game which could go either way ,if we perform like we are capable of then with a fair wind we'll do them.

Wouldn't be surprised if Carlos takes a cautious approach to the game.

Derbies are just too difficult to call, form completely goes out of the window and in my time of attending derby matches they have always been very tight affairs.

This Sunday is just too close to call, I supremely confident that over the course of the season we'll finish above the scrubbers but in a one off match anything can happen.

1 hour ago, Suzuki_San said:

Starting matches well hasn't really been a strong point of ours this season.

Get through the first 30mins without going behind and we'll beat them, We're slow starters as it is and this is the most dangerous time for us, those first 20-30mins will be 100mph and we need to match their far superior pashun :laugh: 

As their players pashun and adrenaline starts to slow down and the game settles down, that's when our quality takes over the game. 

2 minutes ago, RichieB said:

Get through the first 30mins without going behind and we'll beat them, We're slow starters as it is and this is the most dangerous time for us, those first 20-30mins will be 100mph and we need to match their far superior pashun :laugh: 

As their players pashun and adrenaline starts to slow down and the game settles down, that's when our quality takes over the game. 

Bang on!!

If it's 0-0 after 30 minutes or going into the second half I'll be much more confident, there's no way the pigs can play at 100mph the entire match.

The Blunts have been whinging for days about the spoiling tactics of Norwich City. Well on Sunday we can expect all that and more plus throw in a little bit of scramble football in the mould of Oxford and Shrewsbury.

My hope is that we will slowly draw their sting with lengthy periods of possession and eventually drive them dizzy with some fast interchanging passes. Of course one can't legislate for hitting the target but if all goes to plan we should be OK.

Footnote: In my 59 years of Derby watching being the better team doesn't count for much so fingers crossed for the right result. Sorry, nothing helps !

A couple of weeks ago people were saying what a tough start they'd had.

They've lost against the 3 highest placed teams they've faced - Cardiff 3rd, Boro 7th, and Norwich 12th.

And beaten Derby 15th, Barnsley 20th, Sunderland 21st, Brentford 22nd and Bolton 24th.