Van aken

Just now, Costello 77 said:

But it will happen.

We'll see if he's got character to go with the obvious talent.

I know you were being light hearted btw.

Regrettably, bang on

Easy to look good when you've got the ability and wind in your sails, it's when the tide turns and you've got to take the impetus yourself that we'll see if he's just a decent Champ player, or a really great Champ player. Have every faith it'll be the latter, but you never know

20 hours ago, Bodhidharma said:

Yeah he was superb.

He really improves the team.

To have a defender who can create like that is a rare thing at this level.

Now all we need is some really quick kid in January to bring on when Carlos goes all defensive at one nil up the opposition pushing forward and tired legs for Joost to ping them balls to, would add a fantastic string to our bow and really give us something to frighten opponents. 

5 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Regrettably, bang on

Easy to look good when you've got the ability and wind in your sails, it's when the tide turns and you've got to take the impetus yourself that we'll see if he's just a decent Champ player, or a really great Champ player. Have every faith it'll be the latter, but you never know

He may be much more than a champ defender from what I've seen (on the telly). I've yet to see a CH go to the top without unshakable self belief tho...

1 minute ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Bang on this, now we've got a ball playing centre half who can put a 40 yard ball on a sixpence, its crying out for a pacy outlet!  Have we got any young uns in the Dev squad with pace? 

Not sure, I've heard people say Clare and stobbs are pretty quick, but wouldn't know if they were ready to step up yet bud. 

15 minutes ago, northderbyshireowl said:

Stunningly good buy, I'd value him at over £10million after just 3 games. If he continues playing like he has, he will easily be worth over £20million.

I agree, before we bought him I said that he's the type of player that would usually go to a Celtic or Lazio and star for them and then get a big money move to the premier league. And from the first 3 performances I think he's still on that course, but it's very very early days and a stinker in the derby could change a few of our opinions 

:duntmatter:

Shows patience is a virtue, spent all summer looking at centre backs were linked with plenty mainly championship level ones but nothing came of it and panic set in among the fans 

but eventually we end up with a player who offers something none of the other players do.we may well have a gem one who could be at the club for years and at the highest level or who could fetch us a fortune 

5 minutes ago, jamiejohn said:

Shows patience is a virtue, spent all summer looking at centre backs were linked with plenty mainly championship level ones but nothing came of it and panic set in among the fans 

but eventually we end up with a player who offers something none of the other players do.we may well have a gem one who could be at the club for years and at the highest level or who could fetch us a fortune 

Yeah I can't think of too many Prem players who can do what he does, never mind Champ players.

5 minutes ago, jamiejohn said:

This is very true.

Many on here were frothing at the mouth and sharpening their pitchforks every time a Championship centre back moved from one club to another over the summer, and it got to the point where it seemed almost anyone would do for some posters.

It's very early days and I'm not going to indulge in the hyperbole that's coming from some quarters, but the potential is certainly there for van Aken to make thoughts of signing the likes of Harlee Dean seem redundant and retrograde in the long run.

You won't find many Championship centre backs with the range of passing he's shown already, that's for sure.

18 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

This is very true.

Many on here were frothing at the mouth and sharpening their pitchforks every time a Championship centre back moved from one club to another over the summer, and it got to the point where it seemed almost anyone would do for some posters.

It's very early days and I'm not going to indulge in the hyperbole that's coming from some quarters, but the potential is certainly there for van Aken to make thoughts of signing the likes of Harlee Dean seem redundant and retrograde in the long run.

You won't find many Championship centre backs with the range of passing he's shown already, that's for sure.

To be right I don't think you would find any championship centre backs with his passing ability and not to many in the premier league especially English centre backs